Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RG1825
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193353 ft
United Kingdom

Quick story and it sounds like this is fairly common:

1: Buy a Mavic Air & DJI Refresh
2: Have a total of c.6 hours flight time on my MA.
3: Have a minor crash (fell from about 2/3 metres in the air and cracked one arm)
4: Call DJI and ask them one simple question: can I pay more to have my own drone repaired instead of receiving a refurbished one? My logic behind this is you don't know the history of a refurb / how many hours it has / what type of wear and what type of accident it has had. I told them if this is not possible, then I would like it sent back so I can use a third party.
5: DJI says yes, that is no problem. I confirm this with them before shipping my drone.
6: Drone shipped, I get sent a quote for refresh.
7: I say I don't want refresh and pay extra for repair.
8: DJI sends back a drone that is not my original MA, and looks in worse condition!!
9: I call DJI, who tell me my original is lost in the system and I can't get it back.

Absolutely unbelievable!! If I had known this I never would have sent it in in the first place. Nobody on the customr service team is any help at all. Please reconsider before buying a DJI drone - you buy a £1000 device and have no way of getting it reliably repaired if you have any issues! I am beyond angry. The only solution that is really acceptable is the return of my repaired, original MA, or a new one - not some refurbished one with no history.

CAS-2623478-T8X9G0

2019-1-16
Use props
RG1825
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Refurb instead of repair - DJI LOST my Mavic Air

Quick story and it sounds like this is fairly common:

1: Buy a Mavic Air & DJI Refresh
2: Have a total of c.6 hours flight time on my MA.
3: Have a minor crash (fell from about 2/3 metres in the air and cracked one arm)
4: Call DJI and ask them one simple question: can I pay more to have my own drone repaired instead of receiving a refurbished one? My logic behind this is you don't know the history of a refurb / how many hours it has / what type of wear and what type of accident it has had. I told them if this is not possible, then I would like it sent back so I can use a third party.
5: DJI says yes, that is no problem. I confirm this with them before shipping my drone.
6: Drone shipped, I get sent a quote for refresh.
7: I say I don't want refresh and pay extra for repair.
8: DJI sends back a drone that is not my original MA, and looks in worse condition!!
9: I call DJI, who tell me my original is lost in the system and I can't get it back.

Absolutely unbelievable!! If I had known this I never would have sent it in in the first place. Nobody on the customr service team is any help at all. Please reconsider before buying a DJI drone - you buy a £1000 device and have no way of getting it reliably repaired if you have any issues! I am beyond angry. The only solution that is really acceptable is the return of my repaired, original MA, or a new one - not some refurbished one with no history.

CAS-2623478-T8X9G0
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi RG1825, kindly accept our unreserved apologies for the troubles you had recently. I will be coordinating this case number you provided ( CAS-2623478-T8X9G0 ) to the appropriate department for us to check and see if there is anything we might help you with. Again, we thank you for your support. We appreciate your patience.
2019-1-16
Use props
RG1825
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 1-16 10:10
Hi RG1825, kindly accept our unreserved apologies for the troubles you had recently. I will be coordinating this case number you provided ( CAS-2623478-T8X9G0 ) to the appropriate department for us to check and see if there is anything we might help you with. Again, we thank you for your support. We appreciate your patience.
Thank you for the response. I have received a replacement today. This is the serial #0K12FAJ00D0112. How can I find out the history and whether it is new/refurbished/repaired/previously used? I see it was manufactured in October 2018 but that is all. Can DJI replace the serial number of an old product in the repair process with a new serial number? I.e. could this have been made in (for example) March 2018, but was then repaired and given a new serial to say October 18?
2019-1-17
Use props
RG1825
lvl.2
United Kingdom

As an update - I seem to have now received a brand new Mavic Air in replacement. I suppose it compensates for this whole difficult process - but I wish I could have been informed before any of this happened!

New unit seems to work fine although having a few issues with focus. Hopefully just an issue with the low light I tested in.

Glad to have a MA back in the air.
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RG1825 Posted at 1-19 16:38
As an update - I seem to have now received a brand new Mavic Air in replacement. I suppose it compensates for this whole difficult process - but I wish I could have been informed before any of this happened!

New unit seems to work fine although having a few issues with focus. Hopefully just an issue with the low light I tested in.

Thanks for keeping us updated. We're glad to hear the drone works well. We'll keep learning and offer a better experience in the future. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules