22m/36km Mavic Range Test - LEGEND or LOSER?
660 4 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So a guy just flew his DJI Mavic 22 miles (36 km) BUT he did it while driving at the same time. It took 45 minutes and the entire time he had one handed on his steering wheel, the other on his transmitter. Is he a LEGEND or a LOSER? Watch and decide, be sure to comment!

2019-1-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Legend.    florida is full of long straight roads and nearly flat level entire way...   and as for comment that he distracted or has a hand off the wheel, go be a snowflake elsewhere, that's how americans learn to drive....something completely consuming 1 hand while the other maintaining the wheel and your eyes on everything else but the road.....   flying drone as smart as a mavic while driving i see as probably one of the lowest risks on the road.  come to america and get passed by a woman fully consumed in her mirror applying make up both hands and doing 80mph, reading and typing texts at highways speeds  or someone double fisting a burger..or hell i seen someone eating pancakes with a fking fork and knife pass me once on the highway and i still dont know how that works..  

no doesn't make it right just cuz almost everyone else drives completely distracted only cares for themselves but relative risk compared to people who will not change their ways vs someone flying a drone, much rather have the drone operator flying his mavic ahead of me on the highway rather than a woman double fisting her make up into her face while looking into the mirror and snapchatting her BF her t*ts...because you can guess which one will likely be result of a wreck if someone slammed brakes on ahead, or a deer jumps out into the road or someone cuts them off....
2019-1-16
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Loser. Different vote if he'd have been in the passenger's seat though. He can't be watching the drone and the road at the same time, so he's either driving or flying blind.
2019-1-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 1-16 15:04
Loser. Different vote if he'd have been in the passenger's seat though. He can't be watching the drone and the road at the same time, so he's either driving or flying blind.

would still rather him around me over many of the other people around here, he had common courtesy to pull over for other people.  most people rather run you off the road
2019-1-16
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Where do people get those modded long time flight batteries???

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules