Suggestions for battery clamp for DJI Spark
995 14 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaeloconnor
lvl.3
Ireland

HI all, I have a Spark on its way to me and I'm looking for a battery clip to avoid the battery falling out.  I saw some mention of a clip that would fit without interfering with prop guards fitted(Newbie here)

Kind regards.

2019-1-16
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

I dont think you will need the clip once you properly install the battery
2019-1-16
Use props
michaeloconnor
lvl.3
Ireland

Proteous Posted at 1-16 14:42
I dont think you will need the clip once you properly install the battery

Thanks for your reply Proteous.  Said Spark is on its way is from an E bay purchase, I'd like to be sure the battery's don't pop out anyway so I'm looking for a clip.
2019-1-16
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Yes, do get the battery clip! Just in case
It gives you a real piece of mind knowing that the battery will never fall out no matter what! Trust me plus it looks cool also when its installed

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-16
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

I agree with Alex, for a few $ why taking a chance, I don't!
2019-1-16
Use props
michaeloconnor
lvl.3
Ireland

Cheers guys, any suggestions as to which one out there is better?   As mentioned earlier I'll probably be flying with prop guards for a while at least.
2019-1-16
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

I just got one on ebay. I didn't test it yet but since I often use the prop guard I will trim it a little if it interfere. At first I wasn't planning on getting one but since there is so many report of battery falling out I decided to get one just in case. 3$ seems to be a good price for an little insurance.
2019-1-16
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

I got one on Amazon for 8 euros.

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-16
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Yes there is interference between the battery clip and the prop guards but a little trimming of the clip fixes that.  I thought I would want to fly with prop guards too.  But so far have not seen the need.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day michaeloconnor. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for choosing DJI. I would recommend doing a pre-flight checklist for you to avoid any incident while flying you DJI Spark. I will also post a link where you can check some tip on how to maintain your DJI Drone.  Please let us know if you do have other concerns. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/?from=forum
2019-1-17
Use props
michaeloconnor
lvl.3
Ireland

Thanks Stephen for the link.
2019-1-17
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

Wow, this is the first time that a DJI moderator doesn’t say, that using 3rd party accessories will void your warranty
I think that DJI accepts now that they have a problem with the batteries falling out of the Sparks

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-17
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Newbie here as well, my battery seems to fit very well and I dont see how it could come out without trying to remove it.
2019-2-7
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I downloaded a battery clip from thingiverse and 3d printed it. Broke immediately. Don't do this, buy one.
2019-2-7
Use props
Glhs958
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would definitely buy a battery clip. Especially when using a battery from the first design before the retainer clip was modified. You can always feel it wont happen to you and the other operators must have done something wrong. Then that day comes, you do everything right and as your flying along at 200ft agl and you watch helplessly as your spark splits in two and falls from the sky. just my 2 cents.
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules