Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Could the wifi ID label be wrong out of the box?
762 6 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamie CTI
New

United States

I am following the instructions on the tutorial videos and the DJI GO app.
For some reason when I scan the QR code to activate the Spark, I get an error message saying "Cannot Connect to the Server."

At that point, the instructions offer a manual wifi connection process.
I follow those instructions and the error message comes back saying I am using the wrong Spark wifi password.

What I noticed is that the wifi ID is different than is on the label.
That made me think that perhaps the wrong label was applied to my drone and the storage box.

Is that possible?

What else might be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance for assistance.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi jamie, sorry for the difficulties. Please provide a screenshot of the issue for further check. You may refer on the video tutorial below on how to properly activate your drone. Click on "Reply" so that I can receive a notification from your response. Thanks for your support.

2019-1-16
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Hi Jamie,

While the spark is on, you should be able to read the spark wifi ID on your phone or tablet. Do you?
S.
2019-1-17
Use props
jmb63
Captain
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you purchase it used/refurbished by any chance? They might have been changed by a previous owner? Do the numbers on the foam box that the Spark comes in match what is on the Spark under the battery?If you have doubts about the Actual wifi password and ID...Download and install the "DJI assistant"  program and connect the Spark (turned on but no props running of course) to a Computer and use that to read the WIFI  ID and password that are ACTUALLY programmed in the Spark and compare that to what the labels say?
The default password for the Sparks WIFI is different for each craft but the password of the remote is the same: 12341234
2019-1-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"What I noticed is that the wifi ID is different than is on the label." That is odd looking, indeed

Post pictures!

2019-1-17
Use props
REPO
lvl.1
Canada

Did your come with the controller? That’s how mine came, and I tried and tried with no luck. Then I was messing around and had turned on the remote and it’s wifi popped up on my phone. Long story short, I was able to scan the remote bar code. Now everything works as it should.
2019-1-17
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Actually, you have TWO the same stickers. One on the box. Another under the battery. Turn of the drone, remove the battery, and check out if both of your sticker are identical. And I recommend you to reinstall the DJI Go4 app. I had the similar issue with activation.
2019-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules