ICE & FOG / A Blue Ridge Winter Morning
1486 38 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LUX.aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 1787402 ft
United States

“It's dead of winter. A dense fog envelops the frozen landscape of these ancient mountains. The once proud peaks, now withered and worn by the perpetual onslaught of time, finally succumb to the scorn of old man winter.”

I shot this video using a Mavic 2 Pro with the profile set to -1 contrast, camera in manual mode with an ISO of 100, shutter speed 60, and at 30fps. I also did my best to keep the camera aperture between 4.0 to 6.0, where I tend to get the best results personally. Since I currently don’t have a computer equipped to handle 4K video editing, I’m relegated to using a 2nd generation iPad Pro with Luma Fusion. While that typically isn’t a problem, there are times I wish I had access to a computer with a NeatVideo plugin, just to clean up some bothersome digital noise.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing your stunning and awesome video, well done. Cheers! Fly safely.
2019-1-16
Use props
Drameee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool video!!
2019-1-16
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 16:42
Hi there, thank you for sharing your stunning and awesome video, well done. Cheers! Fly safely.

Thanks for the compliment, Garnora. I hope all is well.
2019-1-16
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

I appreciate it, thanks.
2019-1-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work
2019-1-16
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 1-16 19:05
Nice work

Thank you kindly, Woe. It’s always good to see you here. Stay well, friend.
2019-1-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-16 21:16
Thank you kindly, Woe. It’s always good to see you here. Stay well, friend.

You're welcome. You keep them coming I'll keep watching.

Have fun and fly safe.
2019-1-16
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

You do set a terrific mood - well done.
2019-1-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Very nice Dude!
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing.
2019-1-17
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

ff22 Posted at 1-16 21:52
You do set a terrific mood - well done.

Much appreciated, ff22!
2019-1-17
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

DJI Panda Posted at 1-17 00:16
beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing.

It is my pleasure, Panda. Thank you and all the admins for maintaining such a great space for creators to share, connect and collaborate.
2019-1-17
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Also, I think its worthwhile to note I shot this video in DLog-M and the LUTs used were donated by SpectrumGrades. LUTs are a extremely powerful tool for creators when used properly, although learning to apply them correctly takes some practice, the end results are worth the effort. Aside from SpectrumGrades, FilmPoets also created some excellent LUTs designed for the Mavic 2 Pro that are especially useful for beginners.
2019-1-17
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-17 08:49
Also, I think its worthwhile to note I shot this video in DLog-M and the LUTs used were donated by SpectrumGrades. LUTs are a extremely powerful tool for creators when used properly, although learning to apply them correctly takes some practice, the end results are worth the effort. Aside from SpectrumGrades, FilmPoets also created some excellent LUTs designed for the Mavic 2 Pro that are especially useful for beginners.

Of course the music is a powerful element in setting the tone for this video.   Very cinematic... and artistic.
The results you are creating.... particularly for iPad edits, is astounding.
I have yet to become proficient with look up tables...      It is on my list for sure now.   You serve as inspiration to the videographer population out here.
2019-1-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Awesome footage, nicely done!
2019-1-18
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

Very unusual.  It's good to see the BRP portrayed as how it looks a lot time in the winter.  Really well composed...
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-16 17:06
Thanks for the compliment, Garnora. I hope all is well.

You're always welcome here. Just in case you need any help, please don't hesitate to contact us. Cheers!
2019-1-18
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

ghutch Posted at 1-18 10:02
Very unusual.  It's good to see the BRP portrayed as how it looks a lot time in the winter.  Really well composed...
“Very unusual.” I like that! I hope it means I’m doing something unique. As to your comment on the Blue Ridge Parkway, yes, your are absolutely correct. Far too many photographers attempt to portray an almost-cartoonish vision of these mountains, especially in the autumn, but I wanted this film to be of a truer, more dramatic, vision. Thanks for your awesome comment - it’s got my gears rolling considering other projects.
2019-1-18
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

Very cold ...
Thank!
2019-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow.
One of the best ones I have seen lately.
Love your work a lot!
2019-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I found out I had never subscribed to your channel, so I did.
(trains and trucks is mine)
2019-1-18
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Thank you kindly. I subscribed to your YouTube channel also. I love trains as well and look forward to watching your videos. I hope you have a great day.
2019-1-18
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Alexei Merinov Posted at 1-18 10:27
Very cold ...
Thank!

Thanks! It’s been bitterly cold lately. I’ll be glad when spring arrives, haha.
2019-1-18
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

flightlogicRV9 Posted at 1-17 09:25
Of course the music is a powerful element in setting the tone for this video.   Very cinematic... and artistic.
The results you are creating.... particularly for iPad edits, is astounding.
I have yet to become proficient with look up tables...      It is on my list for sure now.   You serve as inspiration to the videographer population out here.
You’re absolutely correct. The wrong music can ruin great footage. Plus, if you’re like me, the music I use has a HUGE impact on how I piece together my film, including transition styles and points. Along with the music, adding ambient noise, electronic synthesizers, and the like, all add to the viewer experience and video quality.
2019-1-18
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 1-18 04:10
Awesome footage, nicely done!

Thanks Jack!
2019-1-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

You're welcome!
2019-1-19
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-18 12:03
PS, I found out I had never subscribed to your channel, so I did.
(trains and trucks is mine)

Thanks! I'm loving your train videos!
2019-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-29 16:57
Thanks! I'm loving your train videos!

You're welcome and many thanks!
2019-1-30
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful man, just beautiful.  I like your style and the musical score compliments the piece nicely.  Would like to see you use some post rock for a future project.  Keep it up!
2019-1-30
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Very cool footage
2019-1-30
Use props
Flyingcougar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 654528 ft
United States

Definitely one of the finest composed videos I've seen. Never slow, just right scene changes, and appropriate music. Well done and thanks for sharing!
2019-1-30
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Flyingcougar Posted at 1-30 19:46
Definitely one of the finest composed videos I've seen. Never slow, just right scene changes, and appropriate music. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Wow! You’re too kind! Thanks for the encouragement. Of all the videos I’ve made in recent months, this one is my personal favorite. Everything just meshed together effortlessly, like it was meant to be.
2019-2-1
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Thank you very much. I’m happy you enjoyed it.
2019-2-1
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 1-30 16:07
Beautiful man, just beautiful.  I like your style and the musical score compliments the piece nicely.  Would like to see you use some post rock for a future project.  Keep it up!

Oracle, thank you kindly. I apologize for the late reply; I’ve been overly busy as of late. This video has become the favorite one I’ve made recently, due to it being so emotionally and visionally consistent. Yes,  I will keep producing. Thanks again for the encouragement.
2019-2-1
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-17 08:49

Excellent video,
You did a superb job with the editing and you made a great choice with the music.

Also thankyou for the camera settings. They are helpful for us novice who have trouble making camera setting choices.
2019-2-1
Use props
BHProductions
First Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

Excellent work Lux! Thats some pretty smooth flying.  Just subbed to your channel.
2019-2-1
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2-1 08:49
Excellent video,
You did a superb job with the editing and you made a great choice with the music.

Thank you very much. I consider myself a newbie still also, haha. I’ve been flying since August of last year.
2019-2-1
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

BHProductions Posted at 2-1 10:22
Excellent work Lux! Thats some pretty smooth flying.  Just subbed to your channel.

Whoa, thanks! I’ll return the favor.
2019-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules