Atti mode?
593 7 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
charbel1011
lvl.3
United States

Does the return home function works if something happened and atti mode got enabled in mid air?
2019-1-16
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, RTH needs the gps location to find it's way home. In ATTI mode, you have no gps signal.
2019-1-16
Use props
charbel1011
lvl.3
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 1-16 17:30
No, RTH needs the gps location to find it's way home. In ATTI mode, you have no gps signal.

I have a question my guy. I got the mavic pro a while back but 2 says aho i decided to fly it for the first time. So i did charge everything and installed new firmware. And when i opened the app it told me i need to do the compass calibration so i did that. But of course i did it wrong but still somehow i  passed the calibration and i did it next to my car which is shouldn't. Should i take it to a big field and do the calibration again in the correcr way? And should i calibrate the IMU i didn't touch the imu calibration yet.
2019-1-16
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would for sure go to an open field and do it correctly. Even though it said it passed, it wouldn't be a good calibration, I'd hate for your next post be 'My drone flew away and crashed.'
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. With regards to your concern, if your Aircraft is in the ATTI mode or no GPS, RTH will not work since RTH function needs a GPS, about the calibration when calibrating it make sure doing it correctly so that there will be no problem and away from any interference. Thanks!
2019-1-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the Mavic Pro has switched to ATTI mode then it would likely be because there is no reliable GPS signal, between high buildings or canyons etc. And if there is no reliable GPS signal then it cannot RTH as it doesn't know where it is or where the home point is. If you're flying in open areas it's unlikely to be anything you would ever encounter.

An interesting point though, for on the P4 series you can manually switch to ATTI mode, where the aircraft does not lock its position based on the GPS signal even although it is available. In that case I would expect it to return home in most instances (other than loss of GPS) because the GPS signal would still be available to it.
2019-1-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi Charbel - unfortunately i do not have the link but i highly recomend that you find and read the mavic manual - guarentee it will help you tremendously (if you read it)
2019-1-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =176492&pid=1703328

Edit:- link to manual
2019-1-17
Use props
Advanced