Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Getting Smart Controller 3rd Party Apps to work
11970 89 1-16 17:54
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ff22
Captain
United States

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 5-25 02:37
It will only show the GSF number if you have done a Factory re-set 1st. I think some of the Google package components, if not installed in sequence, can stop the Device+ID app working. I had to go through the whole process (including hard re-starts) twice before it all fell into place.

I may have been lucky but I did NOT wipe the device and I did get the page with those various numbers.   Since I did not want to mess up that screen or display or app, I tediously copied those longish numbers manually into a Notepad file on my computer.  Then entered the number, again, manually when I was asked for it.  It seems to be working.

I guess I can try installing some of the other programs listed.

Which is the "best" app for showing where-to-fly-data?

Well, the Open Street Map app found my house while sitting in my upstairs den!    Do did Google Earth but I had to specifically turn on location permission.

5-25 12:08
Use props
raven swe
First Officer
Flight distance : 469144 ft
Sweden

I didn't wipe the controller either and device id worked for me also
5-25 20:30
Use props
Certified Aerials
lvl.1

United States

I'm glad it seems to be working for most! Working on a video I hope to have it up this week.
5-27 02:40
Use props
Certified Aerials
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone that has successfully added Google Play Store to their SC been able to update to the newest version of DJI GO 4?
5-28 12:20
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

Certified Aerials Posted at 5-28 12:20
Has anyone that has successfully added Google Play Store to their SC been able to update to the newest version of DJI GO 4?

Is there a new version?   I'll have to check.  Oh, wait, don't we get our own version via an internal update process?  
5-28 18:41
Use props
raven swe
First Officer
Flight distance : 469144 ft
Sweden

Don’t think the sc has the latest update yet, not like iOS
5-28 22:50
Use props
Certified Aerials
lvl.1

United States

ff22 Posted at 5-28 18:41
Is there a new version?   I'll have to check.  Oh, wait, don't we get our own version via an internal update process?

I'm not sure. Hoping we get updates without having to redo do this process each time there's an update.
5-30 02:24
Use props
Certified Aerials
lvl.1

United States

I created a step-by-step video on how to install Google Play Store on the DJI Smart Controller without rooting it. You can watch it here:

https://youtu.be/B_swJvznW68

The full tutorial here here:

https://www.certifiedaerials.com/info/how-to-install-google-play-store-on-dji-smart-controller
5-30 02:27
Use props
MalikDixon55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610226 ft
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-19 23:34
If you go to apkpure.com using the browser and search for the app you need, download the app into the download folder and then the SRC will allow you to side load from there.

DJI pilot is in apkpure, this may help until DJI release the specific SRC version.

Hello Buzzyone. Thank you for the inpiration to install the apkpure app. I have managed to install the Litchi app with the Google Play service app and it working great.
6-23 10:38
Use props
Sasa12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2369 ft
Netherlands

Is it possible to have added to the smart controller the Mavric Pro Platinum  , in the Aircraft Managment.At present it cannot be linked between the drone and the smart controller  I bought the Smart Controller due to the fact that here in Europe we can have a lot of trouble with the phone signal strength, and so cannot use the drone properly. I did read up on all the material re the Smart controller, and it would appear that it has the correct firmware, so is it possible to add these other drones into the firmware. If this cannot be done I will just have to return the products and get a refund, for the drone is useless as is at the present. Thanking you..........

It would appear that DJI put out onto the market a "half cooked product " and it now trying to catch up. They have our money but we have a worthless product, and at their beckon call when they will update the firmware.

Have A LOOK at the attached picture, and what they promised...……. BUT did not deliver

They are treating the customer as if we are all a pack off fools....

8-10 06:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules