OnePlus 3T and OTG with Spark
1206 13 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KYwxXolmqeoQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6378 ft
United States

Has anyone successfully connected a OnePlus 3T via OTG cable?  

Before you ask, yes I bought a real OTG cable labeled specifically for the Spark RC.  It is micro USB on the RC and USB C on the OnePlus.

If you have gotten it working, please explain how.  In addition, I have turn on the OTG setting in the OnePlus settings UI.  

(Please, no iPhone or Samsung users telling it works on their device.  That doesn't matter to me!)
2019-1-16
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi, my OTG connection is solid but its a OnePlus 3.  So does the T make any difference?  don`t think so.

cheers
JJB
2019-1-16
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

If it doen't work first try the old version 4.1.15, start rc,start spark , wait untill connected , then put otg in the RC, start go app,
2019-1-17
Use props
djiuser_KYwxXolmqeoQ
lvl.2
United States

JJBspark Posted at 1-16 23:16
Hi, my OTG connection is solid but its a OnePlus 3.  So does the T make any difference?  don`t think so.

cheers

Are you using the latest DJI Go?
Could you also post a link to the OTG cable (the specific URL where I can buy it)

I'm thinking my cable could be defective, but it's a long shot.
2019-1-17
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_KYwxXolmqeoQ Posted at 1-17 03:56
Could you also post a link to the OTG cable (the specific URL where I can buy it)

this one

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Ad ... phone/dp/B00LN3LQKQplus a normal usb cable from this adapter to c connector on the OnePlus

and i use the latest Go 4 app version

cheers
JJB
2019-1-17
Use props
djiuser_KYwxXolmqeoQ
lvl.2
United States

So I downloaded 4.1.15, and the OTG cable "worked" meaning the app briefly said "Go Fly", but then as soon as I pressed Go Fly it says aircraft is disconnected even though the light on the RC is still steady green.  I did NOT downgrade the firmware of the Spark.  Do I need to do that as well?  Doesn't sound easy.
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. I would suggest you try a different cable so that we can isolate the issue. You can also back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP. If the issue persists, please let me know. Thank for your support.
2019-1-17
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

no latest fw is good., just try another cable
2019-1-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_KYwxXolmqeoQ Posted at 1-17 03:56

You are on Android 8, right?
Try 4.2.21, which is working well on my OP5
2019-1-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_KYwxXolmqeoQ Posted at 1-17 04:44
So I downloaded 4.1.15, and the OTG cable "worked" meaning the app briefly said "Go Fly", but then as soon as I pressed Go Fly it says aircraft is disconnected even though the light on the RC is still steady green.  I did NOT downgrade the firmware of the Spark.  Do I need to do that as well?  Doesn't sound easy.

Nope, latest fw on Spark and RC is working with my OP5.
Even 4.1.15, but mainly 4.2.21
You may have a connection  problem?
Try a second otg option, please!
(I order always 2 cable, from different vendor [I hope ;-]
2019-1-17
Use props
djiuser_KYwxXolmqeoQ
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 1-17 07:41
Nope, latest fw on Spark and RC is working with my OP5.
Even 4.1.15, but mainly 4.2.21
You may have a connection  problem?

Any reason you're not using the latest (4.3.11)?   Is there something special about 4.2.21 I should try?  Would I have to downgrade the Spark's firmware?
2019-1-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

?

I just don't see the need to get to any version after 4.2.21
That was the first stabil one after 4.1.15, which had "offizial OTG" (for droids) include.
And my phone is still on droid 8, the tab on droid 7.
Till now, the following versions have imho no advantage for me.
I'm not on droid 9, I am not flying mavic 2, there are no new flightmodes for spark in newer versions.
Every new verson needs higher specs from your hardware, more rom, more ram use, than the one before.
So why do I need to change a running system

And my birds and my remotes are on latest firmwares (summer update, I think), the Go4 isn't complaining and the version is working fine.

I'd suggest you two versions to put/try on your phone:

4.1.15 mod 2.0 (has some extra flightmodes from mavic pro, google it, installable aside official Go4)
4.2.21 b/c the otg is officially

(For the 4.1.15 you need to plug the cable  first to the phone, start rc, wait till RC LED stops blinking, plug cable into RC.

And I start the bird after being connected to RC with any version!)
Good luck
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_KYwxXolmqeoQ
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 1-18 05:36
I just don't see the need to get to any version after 4.2.21
That was the first stabil one after 4.1.15, which had "offizial OTG" (for droids) include.
And my phone is still on droid 8, the tab on droid 7.

Thank you everyone!

I did 2 things to get it working:

1.  Bought a replacement OTG cable.  It was identical to the first one so I don't know if it was really the cable's fault.
2.  Installed 4.2.21.  This version got the OTG working without a hitch.  I'm going to stick with it forever.

2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_DaTxuH8JXuLS
lvl.1

Italy

Ciao, io ho acquistato un Spark fly combo, ma con one plus 3T si scollega. Ho letto di cavetti OTg, quale acquistare?

Grazie mille, Francesca

2019-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules