RC is connected, iPad is disconnected
1860 6 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeyo
New

United Kingdom

Hello! Your help would be much appreciated.

I've set up my Inspire 1 to my iPad. My controller is connected (solid green LED), and can control the Inspire. But my iPad (which is plugged into the controller) says Disconnected. I have no feed from the camera, and no information from the Inspire (battery life, etc).

I've tried different leads, hasn't helped. I've tried force-closing the app and restarting it, hasn't helped. I've tried using DJI Go on my iPhone - same issue.

My biggest suspicion is that the cables are the issue, but they are functioning in other uses (they charge my phone, they let me connect my iPad to my computer).

I'm at a loss - any ideas?

2019-1-17
Use props
mikeyo
New

United Kingdom

I should also point out that I can control camera movement from my controller.
2019-1-17
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikeyo Posted at 1-17 04:24
I should also point out that I can control camera movement from my controller.

Two most common issues:

1) As you suspect, lightening cables are the most common problem. They must be Apple certified. Find the one(s) that came with your Apple product(s) and try them.... or buy a certified cable from local retailer or Amazon... DJI needs fully functional cables - so just because they work on other devices or PC doesn't mean that they can carry the required signals that DJI requires.

2) With my RC and a good cable, when the mobile device shows disconnected it's usually because of my startup order. If I startup RC, then Aircraft, then GO App, it usually works. If I use some other startup or the mobile device shows disconnected. if I simply pull the lightening cable out of the socket at the mobile device and then reinsert it, the connection will usually re-establish.

Beyond these common issues, the RC usb port and firmware troubleshooting would follow.......
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, the reason that you having the disconnected in gray on the App meaning the Remote controller and Device is not communicating to each other you may give a try to use a different USB cable and also try to use a different mobile device just to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-1-17
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take off,   then when it shows "DISCONNECTED" on screen.......unplug from the back of the RC and then plug back in......it resets the USB port

Randy
2019-1-17
Use props
JER420
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1270 ft
Malta

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-1-17 08:41
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, the reason that you having the disconnected in gray on the App meaning the Remote controller and Device is not communicating to each other you may give a try to use a different USB cable and also try to use a different mobile device just to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

I am having this issue with my new Ipad 10th Gen. Usb - c type. The older version of the ipad was showing a distorted live feed so I had to get a new one. I am seeing some comments that DJI are not supporting the usb type c. Is this true? My phantom 4 is still a good drone and never had any issues before this
3-1 14:01
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JER420 Posted at 3-1 14:01
I am having this issue with my new Ipad 10th Gen. Usb - c type. The older version of the ipad was showing a distorted live feed so I had to get a new one. I am seeing some comments that DJI are not supporting the usb type c. Is this true? My phantom 4 is still a good drone and never had any issues before this

Hi, JER420. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please verify the cable that you're using? Also, what issue are you having with the new iPad 10th Gen.?
3-5 03:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules