No Image Transition
1488 17 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PatchPhoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, I have had my P4P since May last year and have now got this Image transition fault constantly.  I have tried recallobrating the controller the drone, changing sd cards, different cables, different equipment but nothing seems to work.  It's so frustrating as I need it for my work and have not been able to take a picture or video for quite a while now.
It seems to disconnect with the controller so sometimes it's fine and says its all ok to fly GPS signal etc and then you take off and it looses signal or sayd no image transition which then makes it hard to bring the drone home as there is no connection which is a bit scary.  any help much approciated, is it a remote controller issue or the drone itself???

Anyone else having these issues?  Thanks

2019-1-17
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Weak image Transmission is actually what I meant, sorry.
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Our apologies for the inconvenience. You can back up your files and sync your flight records and reinstall the APP.  I would also recommend you to use a different mobile device or tablet so that we can isolate the issue. May I know if the issue is still the same when you change a totally different location?
2019-1-17
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-17 07:02
Hi there, Our apologies for the inconvenience. You can back up your files and sync your flight records and reinstall the APP.  I would also recommend you to use a different mobile device or tablet so that we can isolate the issue. May I know if the issue is still the same when you change a totally different location?

Hiya, I've tried flying it with an iPhone 8 that was originally working well and then that started with the issues and now have an ipad mini 4 which it also does the same with.  it sounds like it's an IOS software issue judging by what other people have been saying.  I've tried reinstalling the app too and changing the SD card and also going back down the upgrades which I am about to do again.

It doesn't matter where I am it still does it, originally I thought that it worked fine where I live but I've been trying this morning after doing different bits again and its still the same outcome.
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-17 07:35
Hiya, I've tried flying it with an iPhone 8 that was originally working well and then that started with the issues and now have an ipad mini 4 which it also does the same with.  it sounds like it's an IOS software issue judging by what other people have been saying.  I've tried reinstalling the app too and changing the SD card and also going back down the upgrades which I am about to do again.

It doesn't matter where I am it still does it, originally I thought that it worked fine where I live but I've been trying this morning after doing different bits again and its still the same outcome.

Sorry to hear that. Do you have an android device that you can use to test it? May I know what is the IOS version you are currently using?  Please make sure that you are flying the drone without interference.  For the disconnecting issue, does the error message appear on a grey or red bar?  If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video of the issue for further check. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-17
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-17 08:15
Sorry to hear that. Did you have an android device that you can use to test it? May I know what is the IOS version you are currently using?  Please make sure that you are flying the drone without interference.  For the disconnecting issue, does the error message appear on a grey or red bar?  If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video of the issue for further check. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t5lh7 ... kt4QGj8frTCpsa?dl=0

this is just the weak image transmission.  Sadly I do not have an android device apart from an old hudl, not sure it will work with that but might and find it and fire it up.
2019-1-17
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Patch

May I ask what year is your iPad Mini 4 ??

Your processor may not be able to handle the requirements of the GO4 APP....... can you check the specs?  A8 processor or above....even an A8 might have issues......

Randy
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-17 08:36
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t5lh7teog532al0/AADCulTV0nNkt4QGj8frTCpsa?dl=0

this is just the weak image transmission.  Sadly I do not have an android device apart from an old hudl, not sure it will work with that but might and find it and fire it up.

Hi PatchPhoto, sorry to know that. In the DJI GO app, tap “HD” and check the channel status under Image Transmission Settings. If the current channels are not stable, check the position of the antennas on the remote controller. Fly the aircraft afar and adjust the antennas position in the photo # 1. If the aircraft is flying above the remote controller, adjust the antennas position as shown in photo #2. You can choose a stable channel and decrease “Transmission Quality” under Image Transmission Settings. If there is severe interference with the channels, fly the aircraft in a place free of interference. You can also refer on the video tutorial below on the best practices on how to position your antennas. If the issue persists, please let me know. Thanks for your support.

2019-1-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-17 04:31
Weak image Transmission is actually what I meant, sorry.

Aloha PP,

If you can borrow a different Lightning Cable, you might want to try it.  Even removing and reseating the cable can help sometimes.  Good Luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-29
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hiya I have tried all of the above, new cables, downgrading software re loading apps, resetting camera, new sd cards, everything and everything checking the hd changing the aerial position and it basically come down to itvwas working fine until the software upgrade and then it just started happening, drive me nuts as I use it for work and have been unable to complete jobs.  I have now handed it to the Currys know how team as that’s where I bought it for them to either fix it or refund me and it’s completly unusable at present so ill await to hear from them.
Gutted isn’t the word I loved this drone until this happened.
2019-1-30
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rwynant V1 Posted at 1-17 09:48
Hi Patch

May I ask what year is your iPad Mini 4 ??

I’ve tried different tablets, my iPhone 8 that I was originally using and I’ve tried android nothing works, new cables everything that everyone has suggested nothing works basically.
2019-1-30
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-28 09:13
Hi PatchPhoto, sorry to know that. In the DJI GO app, tap “HD” and check the channel status under Image Transmission Settings. If the current channels are not stable, check the position of the antennas on the remote controller. Fly the aircraft afar and adjust the antennas position in the photo # 1. If the aircraft is flying above the remote controller, adjust the antennas position as shown in photo #2. You can choose a stable channel and decrease “Transmission Quality” under Image Transmission Settings. If there is severe interference with the channels, fly the aircraft in a place free of interference. You can also refer on the video tutorial below on the best practices on how to position your antennas. If the issue persists, please let me know. Thanks for your support.

[view_image]

Hiya, tried everything that everyone has suggested several times over, different devices even android, new cables, downgrading software, re loading software, re loading the app, resetting the camera, absolutely everything and nothing works its driving me nuts as I use it for work and have been unable to complete my jobs.
2019-1-30
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 1-29 02:42
Aloha PP,

If you can borrow a different Lightning Cable, you might want to try it.  Even removing and reseating the cable can help sometimes.  Good Luck!

Tried changing cables several times, tablets, all sorts nothing works gutted
2019-1-30
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-17 08:15
Sorry to hear that. Do you have an android device that you can use to test it? May I know what is the IOS version you are currently using?  Please make sure that you are flying the drone without interference.  For the disconnecting issue, does the error message appear on a grey or red bar?  If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video of the issue for further check. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.

Tried using android too all the same problems
2019-1-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-30 12:44
Tried changing cables several times, tablets, all sorts nothing works gutted

Aloha PP,

Can you get into the On Screen Display (OSD)?  Can you get to "About" like I noted for Cormoran on the other thread?  Do the "Check for Updates" work as explained in his thread?

You may have to try all this using a recent Android Device.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-30 12:43
Hiya, tried everything that everyone has suggested several times over, different devices even android, new cables, downgrading software, re loading software, re loading the app, resetting the camera, absolutely everything and nothing works its driving me nuts as I use it for work and have been unable to complete my jobs.

Hello PatchPhoto, my apologies for the late reply. If your drone is still under the warranty period,  I would suggest you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/uk/support?site=brandsite&from=nav  If you need further help with your case, please feel free to contact us.

2019-1-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-30 12:45

Aloha PP,

It will probably be best if you follow Paladin's advice in Post #18.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-30 12:45

Sorry to know that. Kindly follow post #18 and please keep us posted on the latest progress of your case, thanks.
2019-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules