Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WEAK IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL
15473 25 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PatchPhoto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

has anyone else experienced the weak image transmission and then disonnection from the rc?  I can not solve this issue what ever i have tried?  is this a fault? or something within the software???

2019-1-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hi - Can you give us some more details?  What are you flying?  How long have you had it?  Is this a new problem whereas before you had no problem?  At what distance do you disconnect?  Do you lose your FPV, your control signal, both, or you're not sure?  Do you know how to aim the controller correctly?  Have you ever crashed the AC?  Have you ever dropped your controller?  
2019-1-17
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-17 06:02
Hi - Can you give us some more details?  What are you flying?  How long have you had it?  Is this a new problem whereas before you had no problem?  At what distance do you disconnect?  Do you lose your FPV, your control signal, both, or you're not sure?  Do you know how to aim the controller correctly?  Have you ever crashed the AC?  Have you ever dropped your controller?

Hiya,
Phantom 4 Pro, Had it from may last year and had been working great until I did the firmware upgrade on it then it was intermittent and now it's all the time.  tried de grading it back but it still does it, sounds like software issue with IOS upgrades too maybe.  Looks like other people have been having the same issues with upgrading firmware and also IOS.  
It does loose connection with the RC too and then it will just sit there and hover, even when you ask it to come home it thinks about it quite a bit and it struggles to come back then, sometimes I've tried taking over the controls when this has happened and its sketchy, doesn't respond straight away which then makes it fly erratically..bit scary.
2019-1-17
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-17 06:02

No never crashed the AC or dropped the controller, have been flying it fine just after the first upgrade it all started.  I did my licence last Sept/Oct and that's when it needed an upgrade and stupidly did it and it started doing it on the flight assessment day but seemed to get over it and then everything was fine.  Then I had been out working with it and it was fine in some places and then not others and now it's just like it all the time.
2019-1-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Okay, I don't have a P4P so we'll wait for somebody else to chime in...
2019-1-17
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Patch,

If not already done.......in this order.....

1- Update IOS to latest
2- delete the GO4 app,  and reboot the IOS device......then reinstall the GO4 APP

3- have a NEW DATA cable ready to use if you still get "disconnected" on screen..... this DOES NOT MEAN the RC is disconnected from the AC,  it means your USB connection is disconnected.

4- come back and let us know if this helped
NOTE:   Data Cable,   NOT Charge Cable......there IS A DIFFERENCE

Randy
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi PatchPhoto, may we know what's the current firmware? And have you tried to refresh the firmware? For the weak image transmission, please kindly check whether the antennas are placed properly, you may refer to the below tutorial video.
Also, please kindly change to another open field without interference to check whether it helps, you may enable the flight mode and disable the Bluetooth, thank you!
2019-1-18
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

PatchPhoto,  how are you going with this problem ?  I  am keen to hear a reason for the loss of signal or weak transmission as it has happened to my gear 3 times now for apparently no good reason.
2019-1-24
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Manxmann Posted at 1-24 01:47
PatchPhoto,  how are you going with this problem ?  I  am keen to hear a reason for the loss of signal or weak transmission as it has happened to my gear 3 times now for apparently no good reason.

Hiya,

I am getting no where, what ever I do it still does it and have been grounded for quite a while now.  It is just getting worse not better.  I will disable the Bluetooth but i'm not hopefull that will help either, I think it's been ever since they upgraded the firmware that is when my problems started and now its just out of hand.  They want me to send the drone back to the Netherlands for testing, fixing etc.  I'm pulling my hair out here as I use it for work.  I've tried different cables, down grading software, upgrading software, changing sd cards, reloading go for app, pointing aerials different way etc, nothing works, I reset the camera settings the other day but still the same.
2019-1-24
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-24 07:41
Hiya,

I am getting no where, what ever I do it still does it and have been grounded for quite a while now.  It is just getting worse not better.  I will disable the Bluetooth but i'm not hopefull that will help either, I think it's been ever since they upgraded the firmware that is when my problems started and now its just out of hand.  They want me to send the drone back to the Netherlands for testing, fixing etc.  I'm pulling my hair out here as I use it for work.  I've tried different cables, down grading software, upgrading software, changing sd cards, reloading go for app, pointing aerials different way etc, nothing works, I reset the camera settings the other day but still the same.

Do you think you should bite the bullet & send it back as requested ?  At least that would be a positive move towards a final solution  - otherwise you may end up ginning around for a few more weeks,  and then send it back anyway.
2019-1-24
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

PS:  What ranges / conditions / locations cause the problem ?
2019-1-24
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Manxmann Posted at 1-24 15:50
PS:  What ranges / conditions / locations cause the problem ?

Anywhere and everywhere.  It doesn't matter where I am out in the open all over the county, it still does it.  I can be about 5 meters away from the drone and it still does it.
2019-1-24
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Manxmann Posted at 1-24 15:49
Do you think you should bite the bullet & send it back as requested ?  At least that would be a positive move towards a final solution  - otherwise you may end up ginning around for a few more weeks,  and then send it back anyway.

Yes, I can do nothing else with it now, so am going to send it back and see what they say.  it's a nightmare, I've had to go and buy another drone as I need it for work, then will get old one repaired or money back etc and then have to buy another one with that money as I do not want it to happen again.  I will then have to buy the V2 version as they no longer sell the phantom 4 pro.  (wonder why)
I have bought the Mavic pro 2 to use as a second drone, but haven't uploaded the upgraded firmware and am just going to ignore that so I can get my jobs done first.  What a nightmare!
have you still got the same issue too?  Mine started out as a bit hit and miss but it does it every time now, so useless.
2019-1-24
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Mine does suffer from "Weak transmission"  and/or "Lost contact"  but not at close range like yours !
I flew today,  it was a deliberate test of range.  I was on the beach & flew the wee beastie out over the water at 60 mtrs plus or minus a bit.  At about 650 mtrs range I got the weak transmission bit.  I made sure the antenna were face on to the drone and at 45 deg.  Then changed them to vertical which seemed to help the signal strength.   It was absolutely VLOS,  over the water without so much a tinnie in the water to effect the trans signal.  Perfect conditions IMHO.
It disappoints - although I have no desire to fly great distances away I'd always like the option.  As for living up to DJIs' claim of over 4,000 mtrs ??  Pah !

Please keep us updated with your repair progress eh ?
Cheers
2019-1-25
Use props
SPIKE_151
First Officer
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Have you checked what frequency it is using at the time? Have you tried manual 2.4 ghz and manual 5.8 ghz to see if it makes a difference? Also on each frequency how much interference is your app showing before takeoff?
2019-1-25
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

SPIKE_151 Posted at 1-25 07:27
Have you checked what frequency it is using at the time? Have you tried manual 2.4 ghz and manual 5.8 ghz to see if it makes a difference? Also on each frequency how much interference is your app showing before takeoff?

I don't want to hijack Patch Photos' thread,  so I'll shut up - and read the comments.
2019-1-26
Use props
Peo
Captain
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

Try to reconnect the Rc and the drone, It worked for me.

2019-1-26
Use props
SPIKE_151
First Officer
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-24 16:10
Yes, I can do nothing else with it now, so am going to send it back and see what they say.  it's a nightmare, I've had to go and buy another drone as I need it for work, then will get old one repaired or money back etc and then have to buy another one with that money as I do not want it to happen again.  I will then have to buy the V2 version as they no longer sell the phantom 4 pro.  (wonder why)
I have bought the Mavic pro 2 to use as a second drone, but haven't uploaded the upgraded firmware and am just going to ignore that so I can get my jobs done first.  What a nightmare!
have you still got the same issue too?  Mine started out as a bit hit and miss but it does it every time now, so useless.

I think the P4Pro v2 uses occusink not lightbridge like the P4Pro, so they are probably not buying the components that lightbridge uses on the P4Pro. Though I think the controller for the inspire does work with the P4Pro and you get a bit more transmission power in FCC mode.
2019-1-27
Use props
meowmeow888
Flight distance : 212011 ft
Hong Kong

I am experiencing the exact same problem and it is driving me nuts. Would someone from DJI reach out to help?
2019-1-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

what exactly do you guys and gals do when the warning comes on? What would happen if you kept  flying further ?
2020-1-26
Use props
Snowball2829
New

United States

PatPhoto or anyone else - have you figured this out? I have a Phantom 3 Pro that does the exact same thing. If I have the aircraft on and sitting still, the image transmission is fine. As soon as I move the drone, it drops the signal. If I even leave it sitting on the ground and just touch or shake the drone a tiny bit, it drops the signal for a few seconds. I have tried different cables, different phones/ipads, etc, etc. I am using the latest firmware for both AC and controller. Please help!
2021-2-25
Use props
VidmanMEX
lvl.1
Mexico

Snowball2829 Posted at 2-25 10:28
PatPhoto or anyone else - have you figured this out? I have a Phantom 3 Pro that does the exact same thing. If I have the aircraft on and sitting still, the image transmission is fine. As soon as I move the drone, it drops the signal. If I even leave it sitting on the ground and just touch or shake the drone a tiny bit, it drops the signal for a few seconds. I have tried different cables, different phones/ipads, etc, etc. I am using the latest firmware for both AC and controller. Please help!

I have the exact same problem. All of a sudden I just wasn’t getting an image signal. The next time I powered up I could see an image but as soon as I took off and file about 20 feet away I got the warnings and ultimately the image signal drops completely.
2021-7-3
Use props
phillp29
lvl.1
France

Hello patchphoto, I am facing the same problems with my P4P as you in an area where I usually fly without problems... I am up to date with drone and rc firmwares. Yesterday during my flight in the countryside, I had a message on the remote control "weak signal" then "no video in the signal" and finally "drone disconnected" followed by an RTH of it. I tried in another place (non-urban), same problem and even on the ground as soon as the remote control is more than 10 m away, the connection between the remote control and the drone is cut (red led on RC). How did you finally solve your very similar problem? Thank you in advance for your return Philippe
2022-11-3
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

phillp29 Posted at 11-3 18:22
Hello patchphoto, I am facing the same problems with my P4P as you in an area where I usually fly without problems... I am up to date with drone and rc firmwares. Yesterday during my flight in the countryside, I had a message on the remote control "weak signal" then "no video in the signal" and finally "drone disconnected" followed by an RTH of it. I tried in another place (non-urban), same problem and even on the ground as soon as the remote control is more than 10 m away, the connection between the remote control and the drone is cut (red led on RC). How did you finally solve your very similar problem? Thank you in advance for your return Philippe

Hiya,
Well I eventually sent it back to DJI who fixed it at no cost to me as it was a software issue, the fixed it and sent it. Back free of charge. It worked fine after that I did eventually sell it though and bought the mavic pro 2 which I was using while the p4 was away. Hope you get your sorted out, I would definitely let Dji sort it out for you they were brilliant. Thanks and good luck
2022-11-3
Use props
Grumpy Old Man
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37795 ft
Australia

PatchPhoto Posted at 2019-1-17 07:38
Hiya,
Phantom 4 Pro, Had it from may last year and had been working great until I did the firmware upgrade on it then it was intermittent and now it's all the time.  tried de grading it back but it still does it, sounds like software issue with IOS upgrades too maybe.  Looks like other people have been having the same issues with upgrading firmware and also IOS.  
It does loose connection with the RC too and then it will just sit there and hover, even when you ask it to come home it thinks about it quite a bit and it struggles to come back then, sometimes I've tried taking over the controls when this has happened and its sketchy, doesn't respond straight away which then makes it fly erratically..bit scary.

Yep, exactly the same issue as well after upgrading. DJI keep saying it's not the firmware or because of the upgrade, but their repair is to fix the software when you return it....
There is definitely some severe bugs in their latest version.
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_3IonB1U7SytE
New

Netherlands

PatchPhoto Posted at 2019-1-17 07:38
Hiya,
Phantom 4 Pro, Had it from may last year and had been working great until I did the firmware upgrade on it then it was intermittent and now it's all the time.  tried de grading it back but it still does it, sounds like software issue with IOS upgrades too maybe.  Looks like other people have been having the same issues with upgrading firmware and also IOS.  

Hi,

I have the same problem with my mavic 2. Did you send your Drone back to dji? And did they fix it?
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules