Some Very Specific Inspire/Zenmuse Questions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpalamaro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3127 ft
  • >>>
United States

While I'm relatively new to DJI drones (latest is the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0) I'm still disappointed in the photographic aspects of a fixed lens and want to wander to changing lenses, and not being an expert and pleased with the DJI product line, some questions.

The Zenmuse 5s camera/gimbal mount are separate items that can be attached to the Inspire 2. Is it plug and play or does it require special skills as it appears that if I purchase the items (Inspire 2, gimbal/camera/lens)  separately substantial savings. E.g. the Phantom 4 controller with the Crystal Sky 7.x Ultra is already in use with the P4, and will work with the Inspire 2, which is reasonalbly  priced purchasing Inspire 2 without controller, gimbal/camera.

I'd like to shoot with the, I believe it's the Olympic 45mm that's a reasonably price lens at about $300 and should fulfill some of my lens needs. But the question comes up, is there some zoom lens that can be adapted to the Zenmuse e.g 24-70, where one lens can meet the needs of many lens. Of course am aware that zoom capability wiould not be available in flight? Am I getting ahead of myself, I'm a hobbyist, not a professional?
2019-1-17
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Attaching an X5S to the gimbal is a simple matter of aligning the dots then turning a locking ring. It's as plug and play as it gets. Mounting the lens to the X5S requires an additional step of turning a knurled locking ring after the lens clicks in place (just like attaching a lens to a regular camera).

The only zoom lens compatible (that I'm aware of) with X5 / X5S is the Lumix 14 - 42mm 3.5 - 5.6.

Lastly, make sure you use correct balancing ring(s) for whichever lens you decide to use.

Alex
2019-1-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

you will also need a remote as the P4 is not compatible with the I2 series. but you may be better off buying a used I1 kit with X5 as that will range around $1,700 usd where as the I2 is upwards of $4,000 usd and may be too much for hobby flying
2019-1-17
Use props
jpalamaro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-17 15:40
you will also need a remote as the P4 is not compatible with the I2 series. but you may be better off buying a used I1 kit with X5 as that will range around $1,700 usd where as the I2 is upwards of $4,000 usd and may be too much for hobby flying

Revisiting the whole Zemuse and the 7 while substantially more expensive than the 5, offers some features that I know will bug me that I would not have with 5. Now, need to find out if the Lumix zoom can be adapted to the Z7. Thanks you . . . You folks are awesome, and decided that will go with someone offereing multiple batteries, etc. for some more dollars. But, of course will love using my CrystalSky Ultra with the Inspire. I'm really more interested in the drone putting my camera where I can't get on the ground, so another reason why I want the quality of the Zemuse.
2019-1-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

the CS will swap between any drone you own so thats a plus. but as a hobby flyer do you really need the X7? or are you sure an X5 wouldnt cover the same? also do some research on the issues with the I2 over the I1
2019-1-17
Use props
jpalamaro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-17 16:17
the CS will swap between any drone you own so thats a plus. but as a hobby flyer do you really need the X7? or are you sure an X5 wouldnt cover the same? also do some research on the issues with the I2 over the I1

I need to look at the specs of the 5 vs 7, sensor size, pixels, ISO range, etc. But, you may be right, the Inspire 1's are a lot less expensive, new, and I suspect tht since I am more interested in the 'camera' than the drone, that the I 1 may be perfectly adequate and a tried and true tested platform. Thanks for waking me up ...
2019-1-17
Use props
jpalamaro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

rent Posted at 1-17 09:43
Attaching an X5S to the gimbal is a simple matter of aligning the dots then turning a locking ring. It's as plug and play as it gets. Mounting the lens to the X5S requires an additional step of turning a knurled locking ring after the lens clicks in place (just like attaching a lens to a regular camera).

The only zoom lens compatible (that I'm aware of) with X5 / X5S is the Lumix 14 - 42mm 3.5 - 5.6.

Alex, I have to make sure X5 is compatible with Inspire 1, seems I read of problems?
2019-1-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

that and the I1 runs a single battery. like 120ish i think for a new tb48 (the larger capacity) where as the I2 runs dual battery and a cost of 300ish a pair, and i believe you get about the same flight time. but yea can look at the X5 or the X5R which shoots RAW and saves to a removable SSD card
2019-1-17
Use props
jpalamaro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jpalamaro Posted at 1-17 16:29
I need to look at the specs of the 5 vs 7, sensor size, pixels, ISO range, etc. But, you may be right, the Inspire 1's are a lot less expensive, new, and I suspect tht since I am more interested in the 'camera' than the drone, that the I 1 may be perfectly adequate and a tried and true tested platform. Thanks for waking me up ...

Does 5 work with the I 1? Thought NO? Will check now. Thank you . . .
2019-1-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I1 has X5 and X5R

I2 has X5S

all three im pretty sure can use same lens but they mounts are different to attach to the drone
2019-1-17
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

jpalamaro Posted at 1-17 16:31
Alex, I have to make sure X5 is compatible with Inspire 1, seems I read of problems?

Aircraft / Camera compatibility:

I1: X3, X5, X5R

I2: X4S, X5S, X7

Alex
2019-1-18
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rent Posted at 1-18 10:45
Aircraft / Camera compatibility:

I1: X3, X5, X5R

forgot the Z3 for I1 and XT thermal
2019-1-18
Use props
Make my day
lvl.2
Flight distance : 669026 ft
United States

Just jet the Mavic pro with the Hasselbad which has zoom and if this not not a professional shoot you should be just fine. It is also easer to transport.
2019-1-18
Use props
Make my day
lvl.2
Flight distance : 669026 ft
United States

Just jet the Mavic pro with the Hasselbad which has zoom and if this not not a professional shoot you should be just fine. It is also easer to transport.
2019-1-18
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Make my day Posted at 1-18 19:32

m2 pro with hasselbad doesnt zoom
2019-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules