Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU ERROR
1284 7 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lisa.B
lvl.1
United States

I am hoping someone has the same exact problem. I own the mavic 2 Pro. I purchase it when it came out directly from DJI Online. Everything has been working fine. The drone has been on the shelf for about 3 weeks until yesterday when I tried to fly it.This came on the screen and no matter how many times I have tried to Calibrate both the IMU and the compass. I keep getting the same error
I was on a chat with DJI, but they have to escalate my problem to an engineer who will e-mail me within 24-48 hours.
It is frustrating because I purchase the drone specifically to travel and I am leaving to the Bahamas for 4 days without the drone.
If anyone can help me, that would be great!

IMU initialization. This never goes away.

Image-1 (1).jpg
Image-1 (2).jpg
Image-1 (4).jpg
Image-1.jpg
Image-1 (1).jpg
2019-1-17
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Have you tried a factory reset in the DJI Assistant?
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Lisa.B, our apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly  restore the settings to factory defaults and refresh the firmware. After that please calibrate the IMU. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorials below. Please let me know if the issue persists.

1.PNG
2019-1-17
Use props
Lisa.B
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 11:00
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble, with regards to your concern may I ask have you tried to do a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 in your Pc? You can do the Restore factory default using the DJI Assistant 2. And also when calibrating make sure there is no interference nears you and you're in the open area. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

No, I have not tried since reading through all the other fixes in the forum. I didn't really see anyone saying it solved the problem.
However, I will go ahead try when I return from the Bahamas. My neighbor has Anarfi drone, so I'll try that and take that with me on this adventure trip.
I will post the results of the update, once I return.
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lisa.B Posted at 1-17 13:04
No, I have not tried since reading through all the other fixes in the forum. I didn't really see anyone saying it solved the problem.
However, I will go ahead try when I return from the Bahamas. My neighbor has Anarfi drone, so I'll try that and take that with me on this adventure trip.
I will post the results of the update, once I return.

Alright, please keep us posted if the issue persists. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-18
Use props
Lisa.B
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-17 10:57
Hi Lisa.B, our apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly  restore the settings to factory defaults and refresh the firmware. After that please calibrate the IMU. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorials below. Please let me know if the issue persists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_2HgksJM4

First, let me say that is extremely frustrating when you purchase something that you rely on for work stops working for no apparent reason. No to mention the invest dollars spent on the device.
Then I would like to thank each and every person in this forum who came to my aid with questions and above all solutions. I am currently in the Bahamas using the hotel wifi and smiling from ear to ear.

I can not tell you how it feels when the item thought to be broken is fixed and working again.

I got the drone connected after about 15 minutes. It seem as though the drone kept rebooting itself and losing the connection with the USB cable connected to the PC.

I was able to successfully downgrade the firmware to v01.00.0100. I disconnected the drone after a successful downgrade and rebooted.
The drone connected to the app (using IOS phone) but require a compass calibrating. My heart skips a beat thinking this would not work. However, it did much to my relief.

I flew the drone in my hotel room and I can't wait until tomorrow to get some spectacular shots. The Island is so beautiful and the water is like glass.

Thank you all so much

2019-1-18
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good that you got it back up and running, have fun !

I'll be there in a couple of weeks...looking forward to also getting some shots by the beach !
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lisa.B Posted at 1-18 18:24
First, let me say that is extremely frustrating when you purchase something that you rely on for work stops working for no apparent reason. No to mention the invest dollars spent on the device.
Then I would like to thank each and every person in this forum who came to my aid with questions and above all solutions. I am currently in the Bahamas using the hotel wifi and smiling from ear to ear.

Hello and Good day Lisa.B. Again, sorry for all the trouble that it caused you and  I'm happy that the issue has been resolved. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to contact us, thanks!
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules