Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flypanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 147382 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi
I received my controller today. It's a very cool device. I was a bit surprised about the serial number. 1234567890ABCD. They all have this number or they just didn't get it.
2019-1-17
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158983 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No mine is different (here in UK) mine starts with 13MDFCC...etc
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the difficulties. Please provide a screenshot of the serial number for further check. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-18
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine appears to also be a ‘normal’ serial number too.
2019-1-18
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah you meant in the controller, rather than on the box, mines the same as yours!
image.jpg
2019-1-18
Use props
flypanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 147382 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Yes I mean in the controller

2019-1-18
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah mine has that same 0123456789ABCDEF serial number shown in software also.

Only found out when DJI asked me for the Smart Controller serial number and I couldn't read the etched number under the QR code on the back of the controller as not only is it too small to read even with a magnifying glass but it is too low contrast to be legible to my eyes anyway.

-=Glyn=-
2019-1-26
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

GlynH Posted at 1-26 16:42
Yeah mine has that same 0123456789ABCDEF serial number shown in software also.

Only found out when DJI asked me for the Smart Controller serial number and I couldn't read the etched number under the QR code on the back of the controller as not only is it too small to read even with a magnifying glass but it is too low contrast to be legible to my eyes anyway.

So what number do they want?  01234.....  or something else?
2019-1-27
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The one on the box will be the one they will want, which will match the QR code on the back. Seems that the personalisation didn’t work at the factory, will be interesting to see if the next batch have the same issue. It will be too late to set the electronic serial number in the ones out in the field.
2019-1-27
Use props
Mark1971
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95725 ft
United Kingdom

Mine also has the same serial number..!       0123456789ABCDEF

I'm guessing they messed up somewhere.... I wonder how they're going to deal with that in a warranty if it needed to be returned.
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi and Good day Flypanda, sorry for the late response. This has been already acknowledged by our designated team and will be fix on the future update. Don't worry, it will not affect the smart controller's performance and reliability. If you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-1-31
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-31 09:26
Hi and Good day Flypanda, sorry for the late response. This has been already acknowledged by our designated team and will be fix on the future update. Don't worry, it will not affect the smart controller's performance and reliability. If you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!

It seemed to be fixed in the .0350 update (which appears to have been superceded by .0360) as I seem to have a unique serial number now!

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-1
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

GlynH Posted at 2-1 12:27
It seemed to be fixed in the .0350 update (which appears to have been superceded by .0360) as I seem to have a unique serial number now!

-=Glyn=-

Yes and I just took a screenshot so that I have a record of the number.
2019-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

This is an obvious issue in production. Somebody forgot to burn unique serial number to some chip in there.
2019-2-1
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 2-1 15:03
Yes and I just took a screenshot so that I have a record of the number.

What? You haver a record of my serial number??

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-2
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

GlynH Posted at 2-2 04:36
What? You haver a record of my serial number??

-=Glyn=-

Yes, and I've sent YOURS in for branding.  DJI promises to return it within a, how do you say, a "fortnight!"  

(you British do have a dry sense of humor (g))
2019-2-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-1 16:35
This is an obvious issue in production. Somebody forgot to burn unique serial number to some chip in there.

Mine is now reporting it’s correct serial number so looks like it was there all along, just mid-indexed in software!
2019-2-3
Use props
fans2f24a51e
New
United States

Just bought combo--drone and smart controller.  No serial numbers on box for controller.  Can't read info below QR code.  Need S/N for insurance.  Any suggestions? USA
2019-12-5
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

fans2f24a51e Posted at 12-5 05:11
Just bought combo--drone and smart controller.  No serial numbers on box for controller.  Can't read info below QR code.  Need S/N for insurance.  Any suggestions? USA

Boot up the Smart Controller.  When it finishes the startup.  Swipe down from the top of the screen.

Hit the Settings Gear near top right.  Swipe down to Get to to SYSTEM.  Tap the About Remote.  Tap status and scroll to find SN
2019-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules