Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying in Shanghai
1043 4 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hexedclam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49757 ft
United States

Im fortunate enough to be visiting Shanghai in March of this year and really want to bring one of my drones along. Can anyone share and do's and dont's?
I have always been impressed by the videos I see posted that were shot inn Shanghai and would like to try my hand at getting my own. Are there any rules or laws I need to know of? If so where can I obtain this information? The lsat thing I want to do is get the local populace upset and end up losing my drone and or starting some international incident because my Mandarin Chinese is non-existant. Is there any flyers that wouldnt mind taking me out for the day to gather some footage and maybe exchange stories of our respective countries?
Are their guides available for this type of adventure? HELP!! Its such a beautiful location I would really like to take advantage of this oppurtuinity.
Thank you all in advance
2019-1-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Well there are a ton of information that you get online, but as I know the rules there is pretty strict
2019-1-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum hexedclam!
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day hexedclam. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for raising this inquiry. I will be posting a DJI link where it can give you some tips on how and where to fly your drone. I hope this can help. Have a safe and happy flying.

https://www.dji.com/flyingtips?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-1-18
Use props
Dericwong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8990 ft

China

oh... is better not to fly especially in shanghai area, that is my advise. Cus there is lot of people around the highest tower in the mid of shanghai, i saw playing drone and flying from either top of the hirise buiding or taking risk of being cought by police. China todays have a lot of retriction about drone in china, (Thanks to those stupid guys contributing such bad image), if you wanted to fly, better get some local people to help you or places you can fly safely without so many people around. Beside, i'm not local chinese but i work in china (shanghai + Suzhou) more than 10 years.... so it pretty sure it is not advisable to simply fly without knowing any risk nearby. Especially when you go to provice such as SiChuan, that place is spectacular nice view you ever seen before, but that area is completely hidden army which prohibited to any photo at all, Soo..... you have to ask the local people to tell you if you are safe to take off....  fly save is alway my first priority even how nice the view there are. Have a nice trip to china.
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules