Considering buying Osmo Pocket. Need some info
12Next >
1871 40 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SinisterDex
New

Switzerland

I'm considering buying an Osmo Pocket, but i have one specific use-case i can't find information about or example videos.

I am considering using the Pocket as a Table-Cam for Productreviews, but i need to know how well it can focus on
Products that are placed on a table and how close i can hold the products and still get a focused image.
Product-sizes can range from USB-Stick sized Products to let's say Notebooks.

Also, will there eventually be a way to manually focus the lens?

Thanks in advance for any help or examples you can give me on how well the Pocket deals with small objects.
2019-1-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Minimum focus distance is 10cm but the fixed  f2 lens makes for a very shallow focus area at those distances. I would think it would be difficult to keep anything small at those distances in focus from front to rear. A notebook, for instance, would be out of focus in anything other than shot at 90 degrees to the item.
Manual focus could be done but I doubt it is on the table as an upgrade at present although they are talking about being able to focus on a subject and then not have the focus move on subsequent frames.
Not the same I know but could be a workaround. For semi-macro work, you need to be looking for something with a narrower aperture or a variable aperture lens.
2019-1-18
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

It should be fine, I'll upload a video for you to take a look in a bit (hopefully by end of day). Not exacting a product review but a chef cooking  in front of customers at very close distance,  You'll notice that the focus did bump a few times but keep in mind that this video was shot in a low light private booth at a restaurant and the chef is constantly moving around. It should do much better in a product review setup where everything is well lighted.

The only thing I would recommend is to either use the wireless base or an extension cable so you can monitor the OP while filming. I'll send you a PM as soon as the video is up.
2019-1-18
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56722 ft
United States

Osmo Pocket cannot focus at all...it have what is call Pumping focus issue...it never stay in focus. Is always focusing so basically is shooting useless videos...Camera mount and Mic input nonexistence. So it is terrible choice for an camera...the name Osmo Pocket explain it all is met to be keep in your packet not out of it.

2019-1-18
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vidfact Posted at 1-18 09:14
Osmo Pocket cannot focus at all...it have what is call Pumping focus issue...it never stay in focus. Is always focusing so basically is shooting useless videos...Camera mount and Mic input nonexistence. So it is terrible choice for an camera...the name Osmo Pocket explain it all is met to be keep in your packet not out of it.

I use mine to record over 250 clips and 350GB of 4K@30 over the last month and I have minimal focus issue. Remember that compared to a fixed focus system, no auto focus system is perfect, every current method has it's own flaw and will not work 100% of the time even on top of the line DSLR.  If you're having constant problem, I would think you might have an defective unit.
2019-1-18
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Video is up at:

This is probably the worst condition you can film at, Low light, the private booth's lack on contrasting color except the chef and the plate in front of the camera and the reflective cooking surface. This is also where remote monitor via your phone via the wireless module or and extension cable would be helpful, I would have place the camera further back or move the plate and rice bowl out of the way which would remove some of the focus bumping.
2019-1-18
Use props
edwardyyy
lvl.4
Hong Kong

in the old days, we call it focus breathing.
focus breathing can be a good thing if we can control it,
I mean manual focus at a variable and controllable speed.
2019-1-18
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own the original Osmo, supplemented the the Zenmuse M1 head ( to use phone ) AND the Pocket.  If you're doing any work that you want to easily change settings AND have the widest range of options (to do so) I'd NOT recommend the Pocket.  Instead choose the original Osmo and purchase the App Filmic Pro.  With Filmic you get enormous control over item specific focus and exposure, depth of field and the addition of multi-element presets.  I'd go to the Filmic Pro website and view some of their tutorial videos.  FWIW, they integrate their app with the OSMO making all of the DJI hardware functions available.
2019-1-20
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 1-18 12:20
Video is up at:

https://youtu.be/wZVrl1Nx2Cc

Yes my do same think all the time..I do not pin point to a light or contrast...is just how it look all the time...and any one believe that is OK?
2019-1-22
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vidfact Posted at 1-22 08:13
Yes my do same think all the time..I do not pin point to a light or contrast...is just how it look all the time...and any one believe that is OK?

That's the nature of the any auto focus system, when you have moving objects, it will try and refocus on that. Now, can it be done better? Maybe, maybe setting the AFC refresh to a higher rate or make each focus step smaller may remove so of the bumping effect. Will just have to wait and see what the next firmware update brings.  But considering the lighting condition that I was shooting at and the lack of contrast of the room's furnishing, I'm very happy with the result especially that the depth of field is not as shallow as I afraid it would be.
Another user also pointed out that if I use the object focus feature (by drawing a box around the chef), the result maybe better.
2019-1-22
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

Look I get the Idea of auto Focus but what is with the concept of Pumping Focus...is just nonsense..no camera in the past was doing this..and I have serous dought if this is software issue
I strongly believe that is simple under processing of the Chip itself not imaging but processing...it seams DJI already have issue with it ..such overheating ...4 X zoom on Slow Mo...4K 60 some times work some times not... on units with focus problem..or may be  those who shoot on 4K60 are more aware of the Pumping focus...bottom line it is something to look in to it.
2019-1-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Vidfact Posted at 1-29 14:11
Look I get the Idea of auto Focus but what is with the concept of Pumping Focus...is just nonsense..no camera in the past was doing this..and I have serous dought if this is software issue
I strongly believe that is simple under processing of the Chip itself not imaging but processing...it seams DJI already have issue with it ..such overheating ...4 X zoom on Slow Mo...4K 60 some times work some times not... on units with focus problem..or may be  those who shoot on 4K60 are more aware of the Pumping focus...bottom line it is something to look in to it.

Wrong.
Lots of cameras have in the past suffered from focus pumping. Especially as you get to much wider apertures. It has been such a problem for some cameras with detachable lenses that the noise from the autofocus motors was being picked up by the microphones. You get less focus pumping with smaller apertures and the lens has a larger depth of focus. There are physical limits as to what certain aperture sizes and sensor sizes can achieve within reason for a given field of view. Part of the problem here with the pocket is it seems to have (using an educated guess at this point so could be wrong) just one central focus point within its sensor so anything in the center of the image is being refocused to quite a shallow  field of focus for its field of view which is quite wide.

Where does it say slow-mo is in 4k? I've never seen that. Page 13 of the pdf manual states. 'Timelapse/Slow Motion (video resolution is 1080 120p)/normal'.

I'm sure they are doing their best but any contrast detection focusing system is basically flawed and gets worse as light reduces, slowing down the system and making it more obvious.

I know you are upset. You make enough post about various problems as you see them. But really you should understand what you are buying.
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Vidfact Posted at 1-29 14:11
I strongly believe that is simple under processing of the Chip itself not imaging but processing...it seams DJI already have issue with it ..such overheating ...4 X zoom on Slow Mo...4K 60 some times work some times not... on units with focus problem..or may be  those who shoot on 4K60 are more aware of the Pumping focus...bottom line it is something to look in to it.

I take it you never heard of the gh5, it was famous for focus pumping , that one cost 2.5k so yes it has been around in other cameras.
2019-1-29
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 15:09
I take it you never heard of the gh5, it was famous for focus pumping , that one cost 2.5k so yes it has been around in other cameras.

You Right never did own GH5, I guess you cannot be a collector and use it all, but I do have Canon Panasonic Sony JVC Ikegami Black Magic and wide asortment of Lenses and 45 years in business...but did they fix it? see that is the key did they fix it?
2019-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vidfact Posted at 1-30 09:04
You Right never did own GH5, I guess you cannot be a collector and use it all, but I do have Canon Panasonic Sony JVC Ikegami Black Magic and wide asortment of Lenses and 45 years in business...but did they fix it? see that is the key did they fix it?

That’s a great collection, but maybe you meant to leave out Panasonic considering they own GH5 .

And I believe dji again introduce FW today which includes a fix for focus pumping, is this not in line with companies above do, I mean if you are a pro photographer you will be well aware that all those camera companies above have had problems with all their camera models, but just like dji the also introduce FW to fix bugs.
As someone who is a member of a couple of camera forums, the complaints on those forums are a lot more than I read here, but I’m sure being in the business you know and understand this.
2019-1-30
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-30 09:57
That’s a great collection, but maybe you meant to leave out Panasonic considering they own GH5 .

And I believe dji again introduce FW today which includes a fix for focus pumping, is this not in line with companies above do, I mean if you are a pro photographer you will be well aware that all those camera companies above have had problems with all their camera models, but just like dji the also introduce FW to fix bugs.

I do Understand that Lumix is part of Panasonic family and like in any family some will be a bed apples..so when I mention Panasonic I was talking about real Panasonic....believe or not in the past they produce a quality product...Regarding DJI quality control unfortunately the DJI Osmo pocket was put on the market full of problems...almost like a Beta version and now is being fix..but not so successfully....you mention you are reading forums so you should know it latest promise firmware upgrade did not fix all but also create more problems. Personally I cannot say any think about it since my unit is send for evaluation and perhaps will be replace with working one...so I guess we have to wait and see....but it is unfortunate I pay in Full in October and as January 31 first do not have working product...
2019-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vidfact Posted at 1-31 07:25
I do Understand that Lumix is part of Panasonic family and like in any family some will be a bed apples..so when I mention Panasonic I was talking about real Panasonic....believe or not in the past they produce a quality product...Regarding DJI quality control unfortunately the DJI Osmo pocket was put on the market full of problems...almost like a Beta version and now is being fix..but not so successfully....you mention you are reading forums so you should know it latest promise firmware upgrade did not fix all but also create more problems. Personally I cannot say any think about it since my unit is send for evaluation and perhaps will be replace with working one...so I guess we have to wait and see....but it is unfortunate I pay in Full in October and as January 31 first do not have working product...

Well all I can tell you mine worked fine out of the box slight focus pumping issue but that has been made a whole lot better since last two FW updates, I have been using cameras drone cameras video cameras DSLR cameras, I know of none that came without some problems and this is why I pointed you towards other forums, there are forums dedicated to all different cameras and you will find that a lot of these have a lot more problems than has been reported with this small OP camera, this is nothing new with cameras in fact it’s endemic, cameras are very complicated technology these days and very few are perfect out of the box, I recently purchased a Fuji X3 Camera 3 months later I’m still waiting for a FW update to correct the problem, so IMHO the release of OP has been pretty good when I compare with other camera manufacturers.
I hope you get yours fixed, I just have to say this while people who have small problems they feel the need to exaggerate those problems, users have had this camera just over 6 weeks and great strides have been made in such a short time to improve user experience with many updates, yes for features that were advertised from the outset but also improved with many features that were not included from the outset, so exaggerating the problems does nobody any good, you couldn’t have purchased this product in October because it wasn’t released until the last week of November, with almost a two week delivery.
2019-1-31
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 1-18 09:41
I use mine to record over 250 clips and 350GB of 4K@30 over the last month and I have minimal focus issue. Remember that compared to a fixed focus system, no auto focus system is perfect, every current method has it's own flaw and will not work 100% of the time even on top of the line DSLR.  If you're having constant problem, I would think you might have an defective unit.

100% agreed.My OP focuses a lot better then my Nikon D5500 and D3300.I basically have zero focus issues with my OP.
2019-1-31
Use props
zu1
lvl.3

Japan

hallmark007 Posted at 1-31 08:03
Well all I can tell you mine worked fine out of the box slight focus pumping issue but that has been made a whole lot better since last two FW updates, I have been using cameras drone cameras video cameras DSLR cameras, I know of none that came without some problems and this is why I pointed you towards other forums, there are forums dedicated to all different cameras and you will find that a lot of these have a lot more problems than has been reported with this small OP camera, this is nothing new with cameras in fact it’s endemic, cameras are very complicated technology these days and very few are perfect out of the box, I recently purchased a Fuji X3 Camera 3 months later I’m still waiting for a FW update to correct the problem, so IMHO the release of OP has been pretty good when I compare with other camera manufacturers.
I hope you get yours fixed, I just have to say this while people who have small problems they feel the need to exaggerate those problems, users have had this camera just over 6 weeks and great strides have been made in such a short time to improve user experience with many updates, yes for features that were advertised from the outset but also improved with many features that were not included from the outset, so exaggerating the problems does nobody any good, you couldn’t have purchased this product in October because it wasn’t released until the last week of November, with almost a two week delivery.

Thanks for your kind reply. I think Af-c will become better till it reach highest level.
2019-1-31
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I have to agree completely.
Most cameras that have least focusing difficulties have two means of checking focus as opposed to one.
Even then, they have to be very good to focus in low contrast conditions.  
The major manufacturers are slow to provide updates with Fuji currently, possibly the best of the bunch.
The Osmo Pocket has at least got me thinking about colour temperature again as opposed to Sunny, Shade, Incandescent etc. I have next to zero complaints about focus. Even the tracking has been better than I would have hoped for. Even the low light output for the sensor size is beyond what I've previously seen recently. I know some people seem to have had genuine problems with faulty units but they seem quite a small proportion of the whole.
My only concern is the nonreplaceable battery, which with my luck will go when I most have need of it.  I'm just hoping that powering it externally in an emergency will be possible.

2019-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-31 18:05
I have to agree completely.
Most cameras that have least focusing difficulties have two means of checking focus as opposed to one.
Even then, they have to be very good to focus in low contrast conditions.  

I have to say I’m really enjoying it, I’m videoing everything at the moment just having fun with it, I tend to be a glass half full person, if something is not quite working I will try another way, my hope for the OP is the keep trying to optimize it, I’m not really concerned about any more features except ones that make it easier to shoot consistently, so pre preprogramming is probably my biggest wish.

Yes Fuji are great and seem to ship out more good FW more than most .

Good luck
2019-1-31
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

Purchase do not mean delivery..
I just wish company stop justifiy wrong with other wrong...it is not OK to someone commit crime because other person also committed..wrong is wrong ....just like malfunctioning is malfunctioning  and is not OK to sell malfunctioning unit is it?...so in your opinion pumping focus every copole seconds is OK and I'm exaggerating...because other cameras also have problems...so is nothing wrong with the fact the video is totally useless because other cameras also do that...I got bad news for you I did have tons of cameras in my possession throughout the time and you are the first to tel me it is OK for a camera to malfunction
Every other tech support actually ask how can help ..and non of them told me it is OK becouse the other also malfunction and it is complicated so is not big deal to sell not working one to a customer. and yes I did have malfunctioning cameras in the past but the company replace it with out any troubles and 15 days return policies etc..they replace it ASAP...not months after I contact them....It is complicated but good customer service is not...
So lets close this My camera is At DJI service department and I only hope I will receive back working correctly unit..on the end that is what matter...working correctly as Advertise unit
Is int that final target and nothing ales matter..and all that negative publicity can be avoided by simply replacing malfunctioning unit? why fight with the customers? sorry but that do make no much sens to me ..old shool photographer where nothin was in collor...just black and white
2019-2-1
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-31 08:25
100% agreed.My OP focuses a lot better then my Nikon D5500 and D3300.I basically have zero focus issues with my OP.

That is real good...
2019-2-1
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vidfact Posted at 2-1 07:54
I just wish company stop justifiy wrong with other wrong...it is not OK to someone commit crime because other person also committed..wrong is wrong ....just like malfunctioning is malfunctioning  and is not OK to sell malfunctioning unit is it?...so in your opinion pumping focus every copole seconds is OK and I'm exaggerating...because other cameras also have problems...so is nothing wrong with the fact the video is totally useless because other cameras also do that...I got bad news for you I did have tons of cameras in my possession throughout the time and you are the first to tel me it is OK for a camera to malfunction
Every other tech support actually ask how can help ..and non of them told me it is OK becouse the other also malfunction and it is complicated so is not big deal to sell not working one to a customer. and yes I did have malfunctioning cameras in the past but the company replace it with out any troubles and 15 days return policies etc..they replace it ASAP...not months after I contact them....It is complicated but good customer service is not...

It sucks to receive a defective product. The simple answer is don't buy from the manufacturer and take advantage of service like Amazon Prime where you just return defective produce in exchange for a new one if they turn out to be DOA or have problem right off the bat.
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vidfact Posted at 2-1 07:54
Every other tech support actually ask how can help ..and non of them told me it is OK becouse the other also malfunction and it is complicated so is not big deal to sell not working one to a customer. and yes I did have malfunctioning cameras in the past but the company replace it with out any troubles and 15 days return policies etc..they replace it ASAP...not months after I contact them....It is complicated but good customer service is not...

Firstly I never mentioned it was ok to accept or be given a camera that malfunctions. Your problem is you like to exaggerate everything. First you tell us you purchased in October total fiction to try to enhance your problems.
Secondly contrast focusing will have some difficulties in low light, it is not causing problems every two minutes, I can just look over at videos/photos section to verify this.
If you think this is 100% cleared I can tell you it’s not , but it’s much improved from its release, so if does not satisfy you then maybe cash in and find this better camera you are talking about, you use a dji drone so you were well aware of returns policy and what to expect unless you’ve been living under a rock.

The problem for you is you are looking for a very different focus system so OP might not live up to your expectation, but contrast focus is what it is, yes it can be improved and it is being improved, but from listening to your rant I don’t think you will ever be pleased with this camera, but that doesn’t say that others won’t.
2019-2-1
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

Ok I see....You know I think will be the best if you see the sample..right and then perhaps you will understand better and may be even stop the personal attacks on me exaggerate everything and concentrate on Focus problem of I hope only my camera and it is not a standard edition of Osmo Pocket
2019-2-1
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 2-1 08:06
It sucks to receive a defective product. The simple answer is don't buy from the manufacturer and take advantage of service like Amazon Prime where you just return defective produce in exchange for a new one if they turn out to be DOA or have problem right off the bat.

Yep I did make mistake purchasing directly from the source...
2019-2-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Vidfact Posted at 2-1 09:00
Ok I see....You know I think will be the best if you see the sample..right and then perhaps you will understand better and may be even stop the personal attacks on me exaggerate everything and concentrate on Focus problem of I hope only my camera and it is not a standard edition of Osmo Pocket
Sample of Osmo Pocket Focus Pumping

All I'm getting is 'This video is unavailable'.
2019-2-1
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

Ok I see....You know I think will be the best if you see the sample..right and then perhaps you will understand better and may be even stop the personal attacks on me exaggerate everything and concentrate on Focus problem of I hope only my camera and it is not a standard edition of Osmo Pocket

And you right look at recite and it is November...but that makes hardly better I still do not have working unit.
2019-2-1
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2-1 09:05
All I'm getting is 'This video is unavailable'.

Should be...
2019-2-1
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vidfact Posted at 2-1 09:11
Shouldhttps://youtu.be/TxRGaWUaUM0 be...

Still not working.did you change setting to unlisted or public?
2019-2-1
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 2-1 09:28
Still not working.did you change setting to unlisted or public?

Sorry for a problem ...one more link  it is public

Is showing on my
direct link
2019-2-1
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vidfact Posted at 2-1 09:52
https://youtu.be/TxRGaWUaUM0

OK. That's pretty bad as it shouldn't be bumping like that on a static shot.  I have shot in arguably worse condition during my trip in this video and it's nowhere near as bad. Hopefully it's just a defective unit.

2019-2-1
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 2-1 10:13
OK. That's pretty bad as it shouldn't be bumping like that on a static shot.  I have shot in arguably worse condition during my trip in this video and it's nowhere near as bad. Hopefully it's just a defective unit.

https://youtu.be/wZVrl1Nx2Cc

I hope so..I saw yours...You Know it was hard at first to identify ...no tripod mount no way to hold steady so at first you blame yourself for not holding right and blame hand for it...then you finally put on tripod and Boom..so you call and they telly you to wait for a firmware upgrade so you wait and then " sorry for inconvenience but we cannot replace it...you miss 15 days replacement policy..so I'm waiting for them to fix it...so frustrating..Did the latest Firmware fix yours?
2019-2-1
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vidfact Posted at 2-1 10:30
I hope so..I saw yours...You Know it was hard at first to identify ...no tripod mount no way to hold steady so at first you blame yourself for not holding right and blame hand for it...then you finally put on tripod and Boom..so you call and they telly you to wait for a firmware upgrade so you wait and then " sorry for inconvenience but we cannot replace it...you miss 15 days replacement policy..so I'm waiting for them to fix it...so frustrating..Did the latest Firmware fix yours?

My OP is on loan to a friend for a trip. i won't get it back for another 10 days ;-(
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ok I see....You know I think will be the best if you see the sample..right and then perhaps you will understand better and may be even stop the personal attacks on me exaggerate everything and concentrate on Focus problem of I hope only my camera and it is not a standard edition of Osmo Pocket

I didn’t make a personal attack on you, you did exaggerate, you are also showing this video which is from OP before two FW updates, you shouldn’t take things personally that’s not the way it’s meant, but if all your after is someone to agree with you , then this thread may not be the place for this, there are many trying to help you but you seem to want to continue to rant , that’s fine I don’t have a problem with that.
2019-2-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Vidfact Posted at 2-1 09:52
https://youtu.be/TxRGaWUaUM0

Well, thanks for a very short clip but it does seem to show a problem. What problem I'm not sure about. You are under artificial light some distance back so personally, I'd have had it connected to my phone to be able to draw a box around the two of them. That at least should have slowed or minimised any focus pumping. You can draw a box almost the size of the screen if need be. If it was using face detection it could have been jumping from one face to another as they turned away from and towards the camera but difficult to tell with such a short clip.  Although roughly at the same distance the act of changing focus position would make the lens temporarily hunt to acquire the new face. I would have liked to have seen a longer clip to verify that but at that distance, at least a single focus option would now alleviate that problem. I can't tell from such a short clip whether it's an Osmo Pocket issue or user error. The manual doesn't warn about the problems of having more than one face in view using face detection but it is a common problem with some face detection options on other cameras and there is no reason to suspect the Osmo Pocket is any different.
2019-2-1
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 11:11
I didn’t make a personal attack on you, you did exaggerate, you are also showing this video which is from OP before two FW updates, you shouldn’t take things personally that’s not the way it’s meant, but if all your after is someone to agree with you , then this thread may not be the place for this, there are many trying to help you but you seem to want to continue to rant , that’s fine I don’t have a problem with that.

Look you constantly coming back to personal..innuendo and zero about Focus issue...I send you what I have for you to see the problem and perhaps realize it is not personal it is actual problem of My Osmo Pocket not to mention others also have similar problem and you talk about me...you do that and that and that...sorry it is Focus and I will prefer if we concentrate on that..video was shoot on Jan 20 that will be after the first upgrade the upgrade was on Jan 7th, that one who was promise to fix the problem and did not...and honestly what part of this video is exaggerate?  is not like I did create the problem, I just sharing my experience with others who may have same issue....you don't, so why exactly you tray to convince me I do not have Focus issue...and write about me? if you interesting writing about personal experience we can open another tread  but lets go and leave that one to a Focus on Osmo Pocket...and stay away from personal innuendos. so in your professional opinion base on video I send to you this is software or hardware issue and if is software why some have and others not if we all use same software?
2019-2-1
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2-1 12:44
Well, thanks for a very short clip but it does seem to show a problem. What problem I'm not sure about. You are under artificial light some distance back so personally, I'd have had it connected to my phone to be able to draw a box around the two of them. That at least should have slowed or minimised any focus pumping. You can draw a box almost the size of the screen if need be. If it was using face detection it could have been jumping from one face to another as they turned away from and towards the camera but difficult to tell with such a short clip.  Although roughly at the same distance the act of changing focus position would make the lens temporarily hunt to acquire the new face. I would have liked to have seen a longer clip to verify that but at that distance, at least a single focus option would now alleviate that problem. I can't tell from such a short clip whether it's an Osmo Pocket issue or user error. The manual doesn't warn about the problems of having more than one face in view using face detection but it is a common problem with some face detection options on other cameras and there is no reason to suspect the Osmo Pocket is any different.

Seriously? you do not see any problem? Ok then. I will restrain myself from comment.
Peace, have nice day.
2019-2-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Vidfact Posted at 2-1 13:35
Seriously? you do not see any problem? Ok then. I will restrain myself from comment.
Peace, have nice day.

No, I definitely see a problem. Just unsure as to the cause.
2019-2-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules