Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Adding third party apps
1871 8 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevin435
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102388 ft
Canada

Has anyone been able to add third party apps yet?

Device not recognised by play store in browser.
Haven’t tried a side load yet.  An App Store app would be nice.   
2019-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you tried Amazon store
2019-1-18
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158983 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FYI Amazon store works fine  (I had same issue as you where google play store doesn't recognise the device) however the store displays only in portrait view (so you will have to tilt the controller to one side) and no DJI apps available (e.g. DJI Pilot)
2019-1-18
Use props
kevin435
lvl.1
Canada

Ok, thanks I’ll try amazon store
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day kevin435. Thank you for the inquiry. Yes. You can download third-party apps through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. ( DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, we suggest you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings. ) For additional reference I will be posting a link where you can find the overview and specification of the DJI Smart Controller. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/smart-controller?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-1-18
Use props
kevin435
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks ! ...
2019-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Let us know how you get on.
2019-1-18
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have added apps using apkpure.com, including the standard version of DJI Pilot.

It starts up and goes through the normal initialisation. This does not require a ‘store’ other than installing the Apkpure side loader app.
2019-1-20
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158983 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 1-20 00:21
I have added apps using apkpure.com, including the standard version of DJI Pilot.

It starts up and goes through the normal initialisation. This does not require a ‘store’ other than installing the Apkpure side loader app.

yep works for me too in the way Buzzyone said. Nice bonus for me is the Mission Flight functionality now available (as runs on Android) - previously I was using my iPhone and its not available on iOS.
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules