404 4 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

This video displays the gimbal issue that myself and several others are continuing to have with their M2P aircraft.  Notice in the video that when I push the right stick forward the gimbal reacts by cycling downwards.  This happened several times and I finnally had to hold the gimbal with the control wheel to get it to remain still.  I had been having random issues like this while in forward flight or braking but this is really bad.  I have not had a chance to troubleshoot the issues and was hopeful that someone here has a solution.  
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern, you'll need to use the gimbal dial on the remote controller to control the gimbal when flying forward. If the gimbal is close to the upper limit, it will automatically face downward to protect itself. It is suggested that the gimbal not be adjusted to the upper limit when flying forward. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-1-18
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-18 08:49
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern, you'll need to use the gimbal dial on the remote controller to control the gimbal when flying forward. If the gimbal is close to the upper limit, it will automatically face downward to protect itself. It is suggested that the gimbal not be adjusted to the upper limit when flying forward. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Thanks for responding but the gimbal was primarily level, which is quite clear to see in the video.  Also, I am not a beginner as you should be able to ascertain as well, so I know how all of your drones operate.  Truly, this issue is becoming widespread and I think you need to address it  
2019-1-18
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 1-18 13:31
Thanks for responding but the gimbal was primarily level, which is quite clear to see in the video.  Also, I am not a beginner as you should be able to ascertain as well, so I know how all of your drones operate.  Truly, this issue is becoming widespread and I think you need to address it

Also, what kind of statement is that? To tell one of your customers that you can’t Point the gimbal upward while flying forward. Clearly you can see that I was nearly stationary!  
2019-1-18
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-18 08:49
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern, you'll need to use the gimbal dial on the remote controller to control the gimbal when flying forward. If the gimbal is close to the upper limit, it will automatically face downward to protect itself. It is suggested that the gimbal not be adjusted to the upper limit when flying forward. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Hi: DJI Natalia.  I wanted to report back to you after finding a solution for the gimbal issue.  Apparently; what you said is true, and I offer my apoligies for coming across in the manner that I did.  I reinstalled the firmware; conducted calibrations and still the issue prevailed.  Finally, based upon what you said I conducted an experiment by flying the drone directly in front of me and paying close attention to the gimbal as I flew forward.  You are correct; there is a point of upward rotation that the gimbal automatically levels itself.  Now that I understand this, I am able to still rotate the gimbal upwards to a "suitable" degree, without triggering the automatic leveling function.  Again; my apologies!
2019-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules