Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day hallmark007. Thank you for posting this video. Great find and thank you for your support.
2019-1-18
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow! That's pretty cool, good to know my OP can be moderately abused and still work, like a Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
2019-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FatherXmas Posted at 1-18 09:25
Wow! That's pretty cool, good to know my OP can be moderately abused and still work, like a Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

I was amazed the gimbal took so abuse and still worked perfectly .
2019-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
2019-1-18
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Seriously impressed by that and with the new pyg-tech gimbal protector it's also handbag safe.
2019-1-18
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

M2Wair Posted at 1-18 12:52
Seriously impressed by that and with the new pyg-tech gimbal protector it's also handbag safe.

Does the Pocket have  a safeguard in place if the gimbal protector is on and one accidentally turns on the camera... will it stay off so the gimbal motor doesn't get jammed?
2019-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 1-18 14:13
Does the Pocket have  a safeguard in place if the gimbal protector is on and one accidentally turns on the camera... will it stay off so the gimbal motor doesn't get jammed?

No it doesn’t not that I’ve heard, the gimbal protector is not a dji product so if you damage the gimbal using it your warranty could be void, the small case that comes with the OP is a great way of protecting your gimbal and OP , I’m not sure that you would save much time getting your OP up and running so I’m not sure the real need for this.
You could try this simply by just holding the gimbal when starting up, I’m not recommending this but hey it’s your OP
2019-1-18
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 1-18 14:20
No it doesn’t not that I’ve heard, the gimbal protector is not a dji product so if you damage the gimbal using it your warranty could be void, the small case that comes with the OP is a great way of protecting your gimbal and OP , I’m not sure that you would save much time getting your OP up and running so I’m not sure the real need for this.
You could try this simply by just holding the gimbal when starting up, I’m not recommending this but hey it’s your OP

The pyg-tech gimbal protector is simply used when attached to the pyg-tech holder to protect the gimbal when powered off and not in use.

It just means you dont have to strip it down and resemble every time you want to use it. Slips off and powers on in seconds for on the go recording. I wouldnt recommend it as a replacement to the DJI holder, just as a meams to shoot and protect between uses.
2019-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

M2Wair Posted at 1-18 14:45
The pyg-tech gimbal protector is simply used when attached to the pyg-tech holder to protect the gimbal when powered off and not in use.

It just means you dont have to strip it down and resemble every time you want to use it. Slips off and powers on in seconds for on the go recording. I wouldnt recommend it as a replacement to the DJI holder, just as a meams to shoot and protect between uses.

I see now, I just read on another thread a guy wanted to use it because he taught it would fit better in his pocket, but yes I see where your coming from.
2019-1-18
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 1-18 14:55
I see now, I just read on another thread a guy wanted to use it because he taught it would fit better in his pocket, but yes I see where your coming from.

I agree Absolutely not to be used as a replacement to the DJI holder. The DJI holder is 100% designed to store the osmo in your pocket without fear of activating the on off switch.

I read The pyg-tech gimbal protector does fit into the DJI holder whilst fitted to the osmo, but why you would need to baffles me, if its to protect the lens, just turn it round lens inwards!

We'll just use it on the fly to protect the gimbal from bumps between recordings so we dont need to deassemble and reassemble. That said its no hardship with the pyg-tech holder anyway, a minute at most to put it together.
2019-1-18
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

I tied a rope to my OP and threw it into a volcano.Pulled it out and not only did it survive but it now can record in 8K 120fps and has Story Mode!Ain't dat a b!tch.
2019-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KEN5423 Posted at 1-18 16:37
I tied a rope to my OP and threw it into a volcano.Pulled it out and not only did it survive but it now can record in 8K 120fps and has Story Mode!Ain't dat a b!tch.

Throw it in again you might get d-cinelike lol....
2019-1-18
Use props
theprisoner6666
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Unfortunately, I had a very different experience with my OP. I dropped it out of my bag at knee height onto a road, IN ITS CASE, but a small stone hit the back of the gimbal and it completely wrecked it. It cost me US$70 to replace it. DJI sorted it in 2 hours though at their flagship store here in Hong Kong. Impressed with the repair policy, but not so much with the protective case. After watching this video, I guess I was just unlucky.
2019-1-18
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

theprisoner6666 Posted at 1-18 17:58
Unfortunately, I had a very different experience with my OP. I dropped it out of my bag at knee height onto a road, IN ITS CASE, but a small stone hit the back of the gimbal and it completely wrecked it. It cost me US$70 to replace it. DJI sorted it in 2 hours though at their flagship store here in Hong Kong. Impressed with the repair policy, but not so much with the protective case. After watching this video, I guess I was just unlucky.

The Peg-Tech gimbal protector can be used with the DJI carry case, protects the gimbal 100%. Simply fits inside the DJI Case with lens facing outwards, gimbal fully protected. Just don't turn it on with the gimbal cover in place, self explanatory really.
2019-1-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wow that was so cool! Really interesting! Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

YouTube Troll and click bait.  (The video guy) L'idiot.  All he had to do to mess it up is turn it on a few times while holding the gimbal.  die motor die :-)
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules