Gimbal Suddenly jumps
1427 23 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

Hi, I want to know if it is normal to jump suddenly the gimbal that leads from 0 ° to -7 ° the cam when I fly the drone at full speed (mode P) to the back and then release the lever quickly. If I put the sensitivity of the 50/60 brake(default100), this strange phenomenon disappears and the gimbal maintains its stability. I state that I have already tried to re-install the software through Assistant2, calibrated Gimbal, IMU, Compass and controller and my drone has never slammed or dropped. Thx

Made today,
0:00 race to back with brakes sensitivity 50 (stable gimbal)
0:50 race to back with brakes sensitivity 100 (default) horrible jump to -7 cam level

2019-1-18
Use props
Rcplanedude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117900 ft
United States

might be exceeding the stability limits of the gimbal
2019-1-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

you see it in this video, someone with Mavic 2 Pro can try for me? thanks a lot

2019-1-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

Rcplanedude Posted at 1-18 11:45
might be exceeding the stability limits of the gimbal

if the gimbal reaches the limit, the overloaded message should come out in Dji Go4! to me No message ever appeared! Never
2019-1-18
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

Unfortunately it would happen occasionally on the M2, though I never encountered this on the original MP1 in p-mode. But please don't set the brake too low, just leave it at default as it might safe your drone one day.

As for the gimbal, this is not a fix but a work around which I've been using since MP1 even in sports mode. Set your expo to be slightly less sensitive at the center. And when you need to stop the drone from a full speed especially when recording, just move the stick near to the center and don't let go. The drone will slow down very quickly but will not initiate the brake. You can let go the stick once it's slowing down. At this point it may do some braking but the gimbal stays level.
2019-1-18
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

yup it's all about how fast the AC brakes think about it, from 44MPH to 0MPH in under 2 seconds its going to have to tilt the AC pretty drastic to get it to stop quickly and the gimble can't compensate that much. Either slow down or shoot in Cinematic mode which auto... slow the braking down for smoother shots
2019-1-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

Nazar78 Posted at 1-18 12:27
Unfortunately it would happen occasionally on the M2, though I never encountered this on the original MP1 in p-mode. But please don't set the brake too low, just leave it at default as it might safe your drone one day.

As for the gimbal, this is not a fix but a work around which I've been using since MP1 even in sports mode. Set your expo to be slightly less sensitive at the center. And when you need to stop the drone from a full speed especially when recording, just move the stick near to the center and don't let go. The drone will slow down very quickly but will not initiate the brake. You can let go the stick once it's slowing down. At this point it may do some braking but the gimbal stays level.

I do not understand why he makes this joke only by flying backwards and not forward! that could be a bug of the fw.200?
2019-1-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

Strobing_NYC Posted at 1-18 12:40
yup it's all about how fast the AC brakes think about it, from 44MPH to 0MPH in under 2 seconds its going to have to tilt the AC pretty drastic to get it to stop quickly and the gimble can't compensate that much. Either slow down or shoot in Cinematic mode which auto... slow the braking down for smoother shots

The gimbal is perfectly stable if you step from full trotthle forward to hoovering !!! It does not go from 0 to -7 cam level! Never!!!
2019-1-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

Can any of you do this little test for me with Mavic 2 Pro? If I have to contact Dji support, I'm a little worried that my gimbal is faulty:

Mode P
Cam level 0 (neutral)
Sensibility brake 100 (default)
leverage all the way back, let the drone take speed along 10 / 20m and then release the lever !!!
right now my cam quickly switches to level -7!

thank you very much for those who can help me in this little test
2019-1-18
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Strobing_NYC Posted at 1-18 12:40

No really. Mine had this issue when it is barely moving.
2019-1-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

M Stuart K Posted at 1-18 14:14
No really. Mine had this issue when it is barely moving.

and how did you solve it?
2019-1-18
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

EnricoBrun Posted at 1-18 14:59
and how did you solve it?

I have not resolved it: see this video for my issue:
2019-1-18
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 1-18 15:12
I have not resolved it: see this video for my issue: https://youtu.be/vy5f-iaG7nI

As you can see from my video; my issue has nothing to do with braking or flying fast, as I am mostly stationary.  Hope that DJI does something about this because I missed some great opportunites on this shoot!  
2019-1-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

M Stuart K Posted at 1-18 15:12
I have not resolved it: see this video for my issue:

You're shooting with the cam to + 30 ° (maximum upper limit?) Perhaps that is what takes so ... Have you already tried reinstalling all FW, calibrate gimbal IMU, compass and controller?
I'm sure your problem is that! Directing the cam to its maximum point, when you advance the drone his nose is lowered and being at the end of the gimbal the drone obviously lowers him with him and see that shot
2019-1-18
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

It’s a nuisance that Dji needs to get its head out of its ass and fix. About every new mavic does it and it will ruin your shots. Dji incorporated it as some kind of compensation for the forward movement of the drone, but it does not work and screws things up. Do a search, it’s been reported numerous times yet Dji won’t get its head out of its ass to fix.
2019-1-18
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
United States

EnricoBrun Posted at 1-18 15:17
You're shooting with the cam to + 30 ° (maximum upper limit?) Perhaps that is what takes so ... Have you already tried reinstalling all FW, calibrate gimbal IMU, compass and controller?

Nothing you try is gonna fix it except an update from Dji to fix. It’s in the programming which requires an update.  It’s bull... that we pay all this money and have to deal with crappy programming that screws up shots. FIX YOUR FUCKUP DJI!!!!!!
2019-1-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

My cam is on level 0 (horizon) and then goes to -7 flying back and stopping the drone
2019-1-18
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
United States

EnricoBrun Posted at 1-18 15:26
My cam is on level 0 (horizon) and then goes to -7 flying back and stopping the drone

Yep, mine does the same thing and has ruined many video shots.
2019-1-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

Made today,
0:00 race to back with brakes sensitivity 50 (stable gimbal)
0:50 race to back with brakes sensitivity 100 (default) horrible jump to -7 cam level

2019-1-18
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1711307
As you see in my post, i have this problem also and some more (opened rc + dead lipo).. Total fail this m2p. Anyway i have sent it to service (Germany) and waiting for 2 weeks and counting...When it comes back i will let you know what happened.
As for dji, well its a company that sells you something expensive and not reliable, and if it is not working and in our case many people have bad gimbals, sent it away and wait for a month to have it back from service (Europe).  
2019-1-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

Phantom_Film Posted at 1-18 17:30
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=174271&page=1#pid1711307
As you see in my post, i have this problem also and some more (opened rc + dead lipo).. Total fail this m2p. Anyway i have sent it to service (Germany) and waiting for 2 weeks and counting...When it comes back i will let you know what happened.
As for dji, well its a company that sells you something expensive and not reliable, and if it is not working and in our case many people have bad gimbals, sent it away and wait for a month to have it back from service (Europe).

I had never read your 3ad, your Mp2 was rather bad, but I noticed that the brakes adjusted them in the wrong section, you were inside the options of the cinematic mode, while you were flying in P, I increase the braking distance the problem disappears!
I await your news!
2019-1-18
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

EnricoBrun Posted at 1-18 18:18
I had never read your 3ad, your Mp2 was rather bad, but I noticed that the brakes adjusted them in the wrong section, you were inside the options of the cinematic mode, while you were flying in P, I increase the braking distance the problem disappears!
I await your news!

I was flying in P mode.  But even on slow moves it happened.  I believe cinematic mode could be better, di dnot have the chance to try it yet, but i believe it is an issue that has to be solved.
2019-1-20
Use props
Lee Brunet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101345 ft
Canada

https://forum.dji.com/thread-178532-1-1.html

Spamming your thread with the same issue.
2019-1-20
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

I'm always more confident that this can be solved by updating Dji! Or it happens that the protection of the gimbal is activated during the most abrupt and non-maneuvers.
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules