How to change Osmo Pocket clock/time and date?
22947 16 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

I've noticed all my videos are one hour less than they should be in the metadata of the video files it creates. How can I change the clock? I haven't found any information about it. Thanks!

2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, Actually, there is a built-in clock in the Osmo Pocket, and it will synchronize the time whenever the Osmo Pocket is used with a mobile phone. If the Osmo Pocket has not been connected with a mobile device for a long time, then the time shown on the Osmo Pocket will not be correct. The clock's time will synchronize again when the Osmo Pocket is connected with a mobile device. I hope this helps. Thank you.
2019-1-18
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

Thank you Natalia. It is a nice idea that the clock syncs with the phone. But then I believe there is something wrong in the synchronization. I connected and used it with Mimo App a few days ago... So it should be right but it isn't. I have a OnePlus 6 phone, and time is set to automatic using network provider, and automatic time zone too. The clock opn the phone is right and the Osmo pocket clock is 1 hour less.
Maybe it is a daylight savings issue? Because the time is exactly one hour less than on the phone.
2019-1-19
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

I have been testing this more and I know what happens now. I believe that the clock in Osmo Pocket is correct, and it may sync with Mimo app correctly, because I have noticed now that the photos have the right date and time in the metadata, But the videos have one hour less in the time metadata. I have just tested it again connecting the Mimo app, making some photos and some videos and transfering the files and the videos have the wrong time. This is an error that must be fixed, please.
2019-1-26
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

after update to 1.06.00.30... which the log says it fixes time/date... I am still having this problem... now it is even worse.. with the video files having the time metadata two hours less than the time when recorded.. photos are ok. only videos are affected.

2019-4-22
Use props
Raguirre
New

Chile

Im having the same problem, but my Osmo is registering with 2016 :0
2019-10-21
Use props
djiuser_7Nrq1ux2JMfo
New

Norway

I need to timestamp videos with UTC. Collecting date and time from a connected phone is not helpful and makes a bad assumption about users needs.

Please enable manual date and time setting directly via camera settings as I can with all my other camera devices.
2020-2-14
Use props
JonathanEzor
New

United States

This is still an issue in February 2021; a video I shot this morning on our brand-new Osmo Pocket shows a date of 1-1-2016, with a time of 12:00 a.m. I have attached and detached this from my phone a few times, but the camera did not update its time or date. {Jonathan}
2021-2-10
Use props
JonathanEzor
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-1-18 12:53
Hi there, Actually, there is a built-in clock in the Osmo Pocket, and it will synchronize the time whenever the Osmo Pocket is used with a mobile phone. If the Osmo Pocket has not been connected with a mobile device for a long time, then the time shown on the Osmo Pocket will not be correct. The clock's time will synchronize again when the Osmo Pocket is connected with a mobile device. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Untrue; I tried this with my brand-new Osmo Pocket, and it did not set the built-in clock.

How long must it be attached to the phone before this works? {Jonathan}
2021-2-10
Use props
Pocket2 user
New

United States

Hi, I have the same issue. My brand new pocket2 records the date to 1-1-2016. I connected it to my phone (Pixel 3a) multiple times and the dates are still the same.
It's pretty unfortunate that I am about to return it to Amazon given that other people here are also having the issue. Is there anything I can try before returning it?
2021-2-14
Use props
Pocket2 user
New

United States

I connected it to Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite and now the date and time works correct!
It seems that some phones do not work properly with Pocket 2.

DJI guys, please test with Google Pixel 3 and get it work! Thanks.
2021-2-14
Use props
Pocket2 user
New

United States

I found today that it is reset to 1/1/2016 again. Now I am thinking about returning it.
2021-2-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Pocket2 user Posted at 2-14 16:26
Hi, I have the same issue. My brand new pocket2 records the date to 1-1-2016. I connected it to my phone (Pixel 3a) multiple times and the dates are still the same.
It's pretty unfortunate that I am about to return it to Amazon given that other people here are also having the issue. Is there anything I can try before returning it?

Sorry for the belated reply. Could you please try the steps" turn on the Osmo Pocket, then plug in the phone, unplug the phone, record a video, then shut down". After that, please provide us with the SD card log, phone time, and video time. I'll help to forward it to our engineers for a check. Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks.
2021-2-18
Use props
Created By Ian
New

Canada

I too am having this same problem of the date stamp saying 1/1/2016 and I just purchased my Pocket 2 a few weeks ago.  Is this still an unresolved problem? should I return the camera and buy a Pocket 3 (when it comes out) or return it and wait until this issue is resolved  (so not losing any waranty while the camera is not usable)? If no fix comes available, is there a manual way of correctly setting the time and date?
2021-4-8
Use props
omarasterisk
lvl.1

United States

I have had the original DJI Osmo Pocket for years now; I never suspected this was a problem. But lately, I've been shooting photos and videos using multiple devices and importing them into the same catalog, and to my surprise, all photos and videos of the Osmo Pocket are not properly timed. In fact, the capture time of images and videos don't match.

2022-7-16
Use props
ACHANG
New
Panama

I'm having similar problem.  All my files have a 2016 date stamp.  What if I cannot connect to a cell phone?  I have mine at the shop for repair.  Is there a work around this?
2023-2-28
Use props
sleepycartmel
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi everyone. The same issue happened to me too after not using my DJI Pocket 2 for a short while (a month at most). Tried using DJI Natalia's suggestion on my iPhone 13 mini and I can see that it seems to work on both by checking the gallery on the app and plugging it into my computer.
2023-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules