PLEASE! - gimbal wheel/horizontal pan touchscreen
1162 11 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Hi!

Can you PLEASE add the "horizontal" pan to TOUCHSCREEN of the NEXT firmware update? It is VERY inconvenient not having it.

I purchased the "gimbal" wheel - so until the firmware update - I can have a horizontal pan. But I STILL need it in firmware - simply because:

a) The gimbal wheel is very inconvenient to carry around. It does not fit into the container that comes with the osmo, so the contacts are exposed, meaning dust/dirt/etc can get on it easily, ruining it.
b) It is very cumbersome to pull off. I almost lost it trying to detach it. So again - concerned that if I am constantly 'attaching'/'detaching' the wheel - that it will cause wear/tear on the contacts, making it not useful.
c) It disables the vertical slide menu - so I constantly have to switch back/forth if I want to do vertical/horizontal pans, making it inconvenient.

The wheel is "cool" in a way for people who like using a wheel instead of the touchscreen. But - the horizontal pan on the TOUCHSCREEN is still very necessary.

So please add it in the next firmware update.

Thank-you!

dji WHEEL doesn't fit in the case!

dji WHEEL doesn't fit in the case!
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day djiguy001. Thank you for posting this information and request today. Rest assured that I will forward this request/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-18
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Just curious but under what circumstances would you need the pan on the touch screen rather than just manually rotating the device?
2019-1-18
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

RSW Posted at 1-18 11:20
Just curious but under what circumstances would you need the pan on the touch screen rather than just manually rotating the device?

Using a horizontal pan and 'moving' the device produce very different effects, not to mention the convenience.

If you 'rotate' the device, there is a bit of lag, plus unless you have a very steady hand, the pan is not uniform in terms of speed AND rotation.

If you can do it via software (i.e., the touchscreen) - then you can get a nice uniform pan for both speed and rotation, and makes the video look much more professional/better quality.
2019-1-18
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-18 11:19
Hello and good day djiguy001. Thank you for posting this information and request today. Rest assured that I will forward this request/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Thank you for your support.

thank-you!
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome djiguy001. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2019-1-18
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Plenty of bags on Amazon and EBay for the Osmo, fits everything attached, even the phone.

Would sooner see focus issues resloved
2019-1-18
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Joystick, virtual or real, because most people would like to be able to control Pan AND Tilt at the same time.
2019-1-18
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Upscaleman Posted at 1-18 13:53
Joystick, virtual or real, because most people would like to be able to control Pan AND Tilt at the same time.

yes, good point - having a 'joystick' mode would be very good too. Gives much more flexibility in terms of taking 'cool' shots.
2019-1-18
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

have you tried a glasses case?  I use a glasses case and the OP+case fits in.  I don't have the wheel controller so I'm not sure if it will fit.  Otherwise, Amazon has tons of cases, but some are silly because it has a separate compartment for the case itself.  I also ordered a gimbal guard so I can store the OP literally anywhere without a case.  I'm sure that will help with your wheel/OP setup.  
2019-1-24
Use props
Game Start
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I also want iso/shutter control using the edges of the screen without connecting a phone. Basically for the next update I want:

2019-1-24
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

My wish is in Mimo App a pan mode like in motion timelap mode to do a smooth pan from a tripod with start and end point.
Pan for example 5 seconds etc..

T.
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules