Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Pocket Wireless Module doesn't work with Android
123Next >
22373 92 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KMA
lvl.1
United States

I have been very happy with the OSMO Pocket and was looking forward to getting the wireless module.  Prior to it arriving, I connected my phone to the OSMO via the USB-C adaptor.  I am sort of surprised by the engineering lapse in regards to this.  First, the plug is too short to work with even the most basic of phone cases.  Connecting the OSMO to a large, heavy phone via a small USB-C connector just doesn't cut it.  This is no way to engineer a connection between two expensive devices.

Second, the OSMO Pocket DOES NOT connect via Bluetooth to Android via the Wireless Module.  The APP will see the OSMO but when you go to select the OSMO the APP closes (crashes).  I tried everything but it will not work.  I then used my iPad Pro and it connected via Bluetooth within seconds!  This is obviously an Apple leaning product which is unfair to Android customers.  I have a AT&T Galaxy Note 8 btw.  

It appears that this is a common issue with Android and the Wireless Module.  Fix?
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day KMA. I am sorry to know that you are having this issues with your DJO Osmo Pocket. Upon checking the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy Note 8 ). As of the moment we suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes.  Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Mimo application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem.  Rest assured that out DJI R&D Team are already looking at this issue for further development of the said products. Thank you.

2019-1-18
Use props
KMA
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-18 15:13
Hello and good day KMA. I am sorry to know that you are having this issues with your DJO Osmo Pocket. Upon checking the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy Note 8 ). As of the moment we suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes.  Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Mimo application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem.  Rest assured that out DJI R&D Team are already looking at this issue for further development of the said products. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you very much for your quick reply.  I will keep things as they are for now in hopes that this will be addressed in the future. Again, thanks.
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KMA Posted at 1-18 15:18
Thank you very much for your quick reply.  I will keep things as they are for now in hopes that this will be addressed in the future. Again, thanks.

You are very much welcome KMA. We are glad to help. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-1-18
Use props
fansa31179e2
lvl.4
United States

I own a pixel 2 which DJI states it works it. It doesn't I get the same exact problem as the user above. When I plug the wireless module in then turn on my camera and open the APP, the whole can find the osmo pocket. Then it tries to connect to it, and nothing happens. The light on the wireless module stays red, so I basically paid $50 for something that doesn't work....
2019-1-18
Use props
kmer
lvl.1
Sweden

After testing a lot of different ways to have it work with my Moto Z2 Force I have finally found a solution. But improvements is needed from DJI.

1. Don't pair the wireless module over Blutooth (Remove it from the Bluetooth settings if already paired).
2. Change to 2.4 GHz in the Osmo Pockets accessories menu.
3. Turn off Mobile Data on your Android device.
4. Connect the wireless module manually to Osmo Pocket wireless module in the normal Wi-Fi settings menu in your Android device.
5. Now it works every time for me when I connect my phone to Osmo Pocket Wi-Fi network in my phone before I start the MIMO app.
2019-1-18
Use props
fansa31179e2
lvl.4
United States

Ya i ended up just putting the phone in AIRPLANE MODE, then setting the Osmo Pocket to 2.4GHZ. Then turning on only the Wifi setting on my phone. That worked, its just really annoying and frustrating people paid money on a product that is clearly not ready for the market. DJI's consumers have to take multiple steps and figure out how to make their product compatible and work..... really annoying to say the least.
2019-1-19
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

Really annoying, really annoying ... mine doesn't work with 3.14159 GHZ !!!
2019-1-19
Use props
kburn
Flight distance : 435640 ft
Australia

Hello and good day KMA. I am sorry to know that you are having this issues with your DJO Osmo Pocket. Upon checking the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy Note 8 ). As of the moment we suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes.  Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Mimo application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem.  Rest assured that out DJI R&D Team are already looking at this issue for further development of the said products. Thank you.

[view_image]

It works with the RED Hydrogen One phone as well... FYI
No issues with bluetooth connection
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

kburn Posted at 1-19 13:14
It works with the RED Hydrogen One phone as well... FYI
No issues with bluetooth connection

Hello and good day kburn. Thank you for the given information and thank you for your support.
2019-1-19
Use props
NordAtHeart
United States

fansa31179e2 Posted at 1-18 18:05
I own a pixel 2 which DJI states it works it. It doesn't I get the same exact problem as the user above. When I plug the wireless module in then turn on my camera and open the APP, the whole can find the osmo pocket. Then it tries to connect to it, and nothing happens. The light on the wireless module stays red, so I basically paid $50 for something that doesn't work....

Also having this same issue with a Pixel 2.  Pretty disappointed in DJI for not working the kinks out on this for a phone in the supported list.

The above workaround did work for me.
2019-1-19
Use props
Maciek Jasinski
lvl.4
Poland

[view_image]

hey KMA the answer you should read this way.....Dear Customer You bought our device for arond 350USD...now put your phone into basket and buy another device for another 800USD in order to obtain fully functional device .... Wooow...I already mentioned that android devices enumarated as supported are not even in half so popular as Samsung, especially in Europe. This is ....no I'm lost in words.
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_TjzfvXu5mGBT
Canada

I own a OnePlus 6T and the wireless module doesn't work.
2019-1-20
Use props
Mr Sepo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

I was spitting nails for weeks because the connection was dodgy with Micro USB to USB-C adapter.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.  However it works very well with the wireless module.
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_4i7ECc7nVZRT
New

United States

[view_image]

Hi, I am using OnePlus 6T and I am having the same issue. Osmo pocket is showing in the mimo app devices, but when u hit the connect link, it just blinks and nothing happens.

Note: It is working perfectly with my Pixel XL phone.

I hope this can be fixed on the next firmware or app update.

Thanks a lot
2019-1-21
Use props
djiuser_4i7ECc7nVZRT
New

United States

djiuser_TjzfvXu5mGBT Posted at 1-20 12:00
I own a OnePlus 6T and the wireless module doesn't work.

Me as well. It worked on my Pixel XL phone though.
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_4i7ECc7nVZRT Posted at 1-21 02:53
Hi, I am using OnePlus 6T and I am having the same issue. Osmo pocket is showing in the mimo app devices, but when u hit the connect link, it just blinks and nothing happens.

Note: It is working perfectly with my Pixel XL phone.

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the mobile device that you are using on your DJI Osmo Pocket. As of the moment our DJI R&D Team are continuing to develop and improve the firmware of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your patience and support.
2019-1-21
Use props
theprisoner6666
lvl.4
Hong Kong

It definitely works with LG V20 and LG G6+.
2019-1-21
Use props
Ray of Hope
lvl.4
Australia

Works fine on my Samsung S9+

Here is my video review showing it working:

2019-1-21
Use props
Dominik432
New
Austria

Doesn't work on Xiaomi Mi A1 and Xiaomi Mi A2
Works on iPhone 7
2019-1-22
Use props
djiuser_BCJfRCpVz9Xz
lvl.1
Germany

Same issue with my Huawei P20 Pro. When I try connecting it, the status bar shows up for a second, but nothing happens.  So the module is totally useless in current state.
2019-1-23
Use props
djiuser_BCJfRCpVz9Xz
lvl.1
Germany

double post, deleted
2019-1-23
Use props
Vorpeneset
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92257 ft
Norway

I own a Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Huawei MediaPad T3, but the wireless module doesn't work on some of them.
2019-1-23
Use props
djiuser_HwerPm8fBu70
lvl.1
Russia

Received the wireless module today, connected first time via wifi, and works really well on my Samsung A9  android, I transferred 4K video files to my phone no issues overall makes a massive difference, better than using the USB C side connector
2019-1-24
Use props
mjhall29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1169183 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have tried a P20, a P9 pro, a P9 all on the list and none of them work, can someone help by telling me what am i doing wrong. it dose connect to an I pad i have but why would i want a small camera and a large monitor.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_rgdhG6A9qt6Z
New
United States

Pixel 2 XL owner here, and the workaround given above does work, but the only way to connect is via manually choosing the wifi option.  Bluetooth does not work at all.  The phone will recognize it via bluetooth, and will show pairing requests, but the MIMO app does not usually even recognize it.  When it does show as a found device, clicking connect makes it spin for a bit, maybe I get the permission request on the OP, but then it goes back to the connect screen, and never hooks up.
2019-1-25
Use props
CubbyJonson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

it would be nice if I could buy one but no one seems to have any stock
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_xohrUhSldW05
New

United Kingdom

Hello and good day KMA. I am sorry to know that you are having this issues with your DJO Osmo Pocket. Upon checking the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy Note 8 ). As of the moment we suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes.  Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Mimo application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem.  Rest assured that out DJI R&D Team are already looking at this issue for further development of the said products. Thank you.

[view_image]

At no point when purchasing the wireless module did I come across anything advising me that it would only work with certain phones. I have a Motorola G6 Plus and Bluetooth connection doesn't work at all with this device. It means I will probably have to return it as not fit for purpose.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_Umbo7TURrZND
New
United States

I am using the wireless module with a Samsung Galaxy S8; here is what works and what does not work:

- When I turned on the wireless module and opened Mimo App; it recognized the Osmo Pocket and asked to connect with Bluetooth. As soon as I select the option; it gets paired with my phone.
- Now when I go back to the Mimo App and click on the camera icon on my phone, it automatically turns my phone wi-fi on and connects via. Wi-Fi instead of Bluetooth..!!
- On Wifi it runs perfect, I can control the osmo, take pics, videos, transfer videos etc.
- Bluetooth connection does not work !!
2019-1-25
Use props
fansd1346881
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1890640 ft
Ireland

I have the Google Pixel 2 and will not work with the WiFi module that I have received today sadly. I wonder if this is being worked on for the future. I can see the blue tooth with the phone but unable to connect to it via Mimo. I am unable to see the WiFi either. Works well with a friends iOS so I know the module is OK. Any updates would be good.
2019-1-25
Use props
Spazz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 86588 ft
United States

Galaxy S8 Plus worked via BT with Wireless Module... no issues and works every time
2019-1-27
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm using a S8+ - works perfectly.
2019-1-27
Use props
Sejohannsen
lvl.1
United States

I have a Pixel 3 and have found a way that seems to work consistently. If I put the phone in airplane, then fire up WiFi, connect to the Osmo in settings and then start the app it comes right up. The normal process is to select BT as connection, which seems to initiate connecting WiFi. That actually works, but never continues to the app. Connecting WiFi manually, and then starting the app seems to. I can connect my iPhone the same way, connecting WiFi then starting the app. If I just use this as my standard, it will become normal for me.
2019-1-27
Use props
Phibo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2812 ft
Austria

To be honest, I am quiet disappointed with DJIs release policy nowadays. I ordered the DJI Osmo Pocket Wireless Module and got in in the mail today. It took me an hour of trial and error until i decided to go to the forums and read about connection errors. I use a Xiaomi Mi A2. It's not possible to connect via Bluetooth through the Mimo App. O.k. - So I have to switch to Airplane mode, connect via WIFI, and then it works somehow, but far away from stable. Thanks to Sejohannsen!

It's really a shame, that the Wireless Module only works on "selected" mobile devices. When I ordered it via Amazon, there was no advice in the description about this. I payed 59€ + 30€(!) for shipping, just to receive a incompatible device. This sorrily seems to be DJIs new release policy. When I got the Osmo Pocket, I have to admit that I was shocked, that there are also no RAW-files available for Pano and Time- and Motion-lapse. Sorry to say it that way - but this is a unfinished Product, where users that pay lots of money for your equipment are beta testers.

Since I also got drones from DJI, this is simply not the style of business conduct I am used to from DJI. There really need to be a ton of updates soon. Otherwise the Osmo Pocket will be a skin game behind DJIs good reputation.  
2019-1-28
Use props
MartinB3
lvl.1
United States

Pixel 3XL here, and can confirm I can get wifi working after using airplane mode once. Bluetooth completely broken. I wanted it for Bluetooth
2019-1-28
Use props
isdoo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2251119 ft
Turkey

How do you change the OP to 2.4? Can't find it.
2019-1-29
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

I recieved the expansion kit yesterday and tried the wireless module on two different android devices: an old Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016). Set the wireless module to 2.4 GHz and didn't bother to turn off BG on either device. Work really well on both. So far so good.
2019-1-29
Use props
fans6984d62d
lvl.1
United States

fansa31179e2 Posted at 1-18 18:05
I own a pixel 2 which DJI states it works it. It doesn't I get the same exact problem as the user above. When I plug the wireless module in then turn on my camera and open the APP, the whole can find the osmo pocket. Then it tries to connect to it, and nothing happens. The light on the wireless module stays red, so I basically paid $50 for something that doesn't work....

Same here. They keep asking me to take video of the process, but how am I supposed to do that when the process involves the two things that I'm using to take video?! SMH.
2019-1-29
Use props
Johneem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 574 ft
United Kingdom

HUAWEI P20 PRO

Open Settings menu on Osmo Pocket (swipe down)
click on settings then swipe left to next page
click on Accesories
click on wireless module - swipe left
change to 2.4G

Go to phones wi-fi

look out for OSMO wifi - press connect - p/w is 12341234
but for some reason I didn't need
you will now connect over wi-fi

go to mimo app and you should be good to go (message says device connected)

PS - Open Mimo app AFTER connecting phone to device over wi-fi

good luck
2019-1-31
Use props
psitech
Flight distance : 19715 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another Pixel 3 XL user here.  As stated above, the only way I can get mine to work is Airplane mode and turn wifi on as djiuser_8KtvvEYJGrej posted.  I've wasted over 2 hours fighting with this thing.  I can't fathom that DJI wouldn't test with pixel 3's.  This is beyond frustrating.
2019-1-31
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules