PGYTECH Gimbal Protector - Lens Cover
1043 7 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrins
lvl.4
United States

I received mine today. It fits snugly on the OP head. Inside the protector there are two rubbery strips that provide the grip. I like it, esepcially because I can keep the controller attached or the wireless module on the bottom and not worry about the lens while in my pocket or bag. It seems like good protection. I dont remember purchasing it, lol. I ordered one on Amazon for like $6 and it's in route from China but not expected to arrive until Feb 7. And then I saw a slightly different one on eBay that would arrive much sooner and decided to order that. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'll update this post with any difference with the one I'll get tomorrow. In the pictures, it seems like it has a "door" that opens and closes??? Oh, and I read here about concerns with accidentally turning on the OP with the cover attached and ruing the gimbal motor. Hopefully that doesn't happen. I think if I accidentally turn it on with the cover on, the few seconds of friction wont cause any problems.
IMG_0102.jpg IMG_0101.jpg IMG_0100.jpg IMG_0099.jpg

2019-1-18
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks. looking forward to getting mine new week.
2019-1-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day darrins. Thank you for sharing this wonderful information and your experience with us today and thank you for supporting DJI.
2019-1-19
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

Mystery solved, the first Pgytech hood is the one I ordered from Amazon. Tracking info was delayed. Report back later today with info on the slightly different cover (at least it looks different in the photos) I’m getting today.
2019-1-19
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

Here is a few photos of the other protector I ordered from Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guard-C ... 2057872.m2749.l2649 It is nice and I like it, but the PGYTECH cover is simpler and that's what I am using.
2019-1-20
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

This looks nice, since when the wheel and/or wireless adapter are attached it doens't fit in the original case anymore.
2019-1-21
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

darrins Posted at 1-20 21:53
Here is a few photos of the other protector I ordered from Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guard-C ... 2057872.m2749.l2649 It is nice and I like it, but the PGYTECH cover is simpler and that's what I am using.
[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Thanks for the link!  I prefer this one over the PGYTECH because it covers completely the head of the gimbal.  Mine already has some micro scratches/dents from using only its case.  The exposed area can be scratched in your pocket or bag with keys, coins, etc.  I wish DJI had a revised case that will cover and protect the entire camera kinda like a glasses case, but your suggestion will do it for now.  
2019-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules