1753 18 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not complaining that it's noisy, but it would've been really nice to have a stealth drone for these very early morning flights.

2019-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I watched a vid on YT recently and the guy got it spot on... He said the Mavic Air sounds like a swarm of angry wasps, the Mavic Pro a swarm of bees, the Mavic 2's a swarm of mosquitoes and his hope was that the next version will sound like a swarm of butterflies We live in hope.
2019-1-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

A CW Posted at 1-19 01:04
I watched a vid on YT recently and the guy got it spot on... He said the Mavic Air sounds like a swarm of angry wasps, the Mavic Pro a swarm of bees, the Mavic 2's a swarm of mosquitoes and his hope was that the next version will sound like a swarm of butterflies  We live in hope.

Yes, it's always the noise that catches people's attention, otherwise who's going to notice a tiny black dot in the early morning sky. Oh by the way, is the Mavic2 much quieter than the Platinum?
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

I went flying with a friend a few days ago. He has the Pro.

Whilst I can hear a slight difference between his and my 2, it really is not significant. I doubt many will be able to distinguish.

His Pro has a sort of 'metallic' undertone to it if that makes sense, that's about the biggest difference. Think turbo.

I can not imagine anyone being disturbed or woken up by either unless you start flying right in front of a wide open bedroom window.

2019-1-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1 Posted at 1-19 01:19
I went flying with a friend a few days ago. He has the Pro.

Whilst I can hear a slight difference between his and my 2, it really is not significant. I doubt many will be able to distinguish.

There's probably a limit to how quiet a rotating wing aircraft can get. I'd say the Platinum is 'almost' silent when it's hovering higher than 50m above, but I just hope it could be quieter during take off and landing, when it's most likely to catch people's attention and potentially annoy them.
2019-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 1-19 01:16
Yes, it's always the noise that catches people's attention, otherwise who's going to notice a tiny black dot in the early morning sky. Oh by the way, is the Mavic2 much quieter than the Platinum?

Very true. I'd say they are about the same - both very quiet in comparison to all of the other DJI drones.
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nice footage. Thank you for sharing your video with us.
2019-1-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-19 14:50
Nice footage. Thank you for sharing your video with us.

Thanks Natalia, it would be very nice if the next drone from DJI is even quieter! I'm finding the noise is catching too much unwanted attention.
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Monkey007 Posted at 1-19 15:44
Thanks Natalia, it would be very nice if the next drone from DJI is even quieter! I'm finding the noise is catching too much unwanted attention.

I understand. Thank you for sharing your feedback with our drones. No worries, this will be forwarded to our R&D department for future request. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-1-19
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Nice video, looks like everyone in town is awake and moving about  Have a Mavic Pro Platinum and have to agree about the propeller sound, best to use the quiet ones, be even they make noise.  Right now I am using the regular props, and they are noticeable.
2019-1-19
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I wouldn't hold my breath for a much quieter drone.  If it were possible, Boeing and others would already be doing it with planes.
2019-1-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 1-19 20:35
I wouldn't hold my breath for a much quieter drone.  If it were possible, Boeing and others would already be doing it with planes.

If it were possible, Boeing and others would already be doing it with planes.

They already are!

It is a case of new planes being so quite, you haven't heard them.

2019-1-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-19 21:08
Funny because I can't tell you how many times I've been hovering right over people where I KNOW they can hear it & no one even glances up.

Call it paranoia, it must have come from my RC helicopter days; people can hear the blade farts from miles away
2019-1-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-19 21:29
If it were possible, Boeing and others would already be doing it with planes.

They already are!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a drone with active noise cancelling
2019-1-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-19 21:08
Funny because I can't tell you how many times I've been hovering right over people where I KNOW they can hear it & no one even glances up.

I noticed that when flying yesterday - I think it's because the M2P doesn't sound like a typical drone and as the pilot you are obviously very consciously aware that the drone is there.
2019-1-19
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I've set the props a bit higher ... Significantly quieter at close range and up to head height, over head no significant improvement. The bird is, however, smoother and certainly less of vibration.
IMG_3885.jpg
2019-1-20
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 1-19 20:35

Stealth heli-copters are old news, already produced by Boeing/Sikorsky amongst others:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealth_helicopter

It's not just the rotor blades, but the whole visual, acoustic, electronic profile that makes effective stealth.

I'm sure DJI could do a lot more to make their drones 'stealthier', but it's probably not really worth a lot of engineering effort for consumer drones.

2019-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-20 03:56
Heck I was flying a Phantom!  Some folks are just oblivious to what's going on around them.

Very true! Hahaha
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules