Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S and Nikon Z6
3826 14 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stratven27
lvl.1
Luxembourg

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any reason why the Z6 is still not supported, it has been out for almost 2 months and it is literally the same camera as the Z7, just a bit smaller. Why is it taking so long to get the gimbal working with this camera? I would like a proper answer and if anyone suggests me looking at the ''future firmware update on our website'', then PLEASE link to it, because that page is literally unfindable.

thank you very much

- a slightly annoyed customer
2019-1-19
Use props
dantastic
lvl.4
Taiwan

Same here, you'd think it would be pretty identical for the z6/7! I guess they may have quickly developed Z6 support but prefer to do occasional big firmware updates, so we have to wait anyway, but I hope it's not too much longer!
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Stratven27, we are working on the compatibility between Nikon Z6 and Ronin-S, please note the update of the compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_List_20181119.pdf which will usually update after the firmware release.
2019-1-20
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello, I have both Z6 and Z7.
Z7 is working well, Z6 no!
When  the new firmware does arrive? And will be provided the compatibility with the Z6?

This is why Nikon in his "Filmakers Kit" chose the Z6 and a gimbal Moza !!!

Hurry up DJI, hurry up!!!
2019-1-24
Use props
WernerD
Captain
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

+1
It is getting ridiculous, isn't it?
I bought the Ronin-S for 360 panoramas and for that the camera control is a must.

2019-1-25
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hey DJI any news about Z6 on Ronin-S?

We have the best equipment but we can not use them 100%!
2019-1-29
Use props
MTuccillo84
lvl.1
United States

Seriously ridiculous! Some of the cheaper "knock off' gimbals are offering better support these days. @dji Mindy I definitely get the feeling sales will be down this quarter.
2019-1-29
Use props
GagamTravel
lvl.1
South Korea

ToscanaDrone Posted at 1-29 09:37
Hey DJI any news about Z6 on Ronin-S?

We have the best equipment but we can not use them 100%!

Yes we can use just 10% of this device!!
2019-2-1
Use props
Vincent G
lvl.1

France

I’m waiting for  z6 since 2 months!!!
2019-2-1
Use props
RickMacin
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone have any insight as to how frequently DJI releases firmware updates?

Mindy - Is support for the Z6 coming in a few days? a few weeks? a few months? a few years? Please let us know when we can expect to use our DJI products to their full capacity.
2019-2-1
Use props
Dnorton
lvl.3
Ireland

Im feeling there will be a Class A law case against the company over the LIES dji stated in their early notices about Nikon compatibility. I want my money back...... If i had to pay rental for a gimbal that could do the job it advertised to do, for the amount of time us Nikon/dji customers have been left waiting, then the money i had have spent on the rental would outweigh the price i paid for the ronin s. dji should be ashamed..... they would have to work really hard to gain my trust again
2019-2-1
Use props
djiuser_yytZkA7vEoTu
lvl.1
United States

I bought the ronin s and Nikon z6 shortly after release, I am getting tired of waiting for the compatibility update. Ronin S is a solid built product, but the company seems to be challenged with the ability to promptly respond to changes in the market with cameras and issues with the firmware.  Great product but the company needs to pick up the pace on firmware updates or I’ll be selling my ronin-s for a product and company who can promptly respond.  My suggestion is if you have a Nikon Z6 consider your other options for a gimbal unit until dji releases a firmware update that addresses the compatibility.  As others users have mentioned, there are other gimbal units that are already compatible with the Nikon Z6.  

I would suggest dji provides a roadmap to their firmware updates, similar the the Nikon Z lens roadmap.  Give the users dates they can expect updates, we don’t need another response sending us to the website where updates are posted.  
2019-2-10
Use props
zionlacroix
New
Italy

I really cannot understand what's wrong with these companies nowadays. Millions of active Nikon + DJI users just can't work with their devices because of what reason specifically? Can you explain that please? And please don't say that your engineers are not capable of writing 2 more extra words in the current source code... Well played DJI.

It's been ages and people are still waiting for an update.
Can you please give us a date range at least?

Best.
2019-3-1
Use props
RickMacin
lvl.1
United States

I'm about ready to give up and sell my Ronin S. It's been a full month since my last post and no one has gotten a helpful response. It took DJI about 3 months to support the Z7 upon its release. It's been ~2 months since DJI committed to supporting the Z6 (https://forum.dji.com/thread-172944-1-1.html). It looks like they are releasing firmware updates every 2-3 months for the Ronin S. Hopefully we're close...
2019-3-4
Use props
kerberos
Captain
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Another fresh Z6 owner here, hoping for the Ronin-S compatibility (I'll receive the gimbal tomorrow morning).
2019-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules