Testing the Smart Remote - Is it worth the money?
12Next >
7020 47 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneSupremacy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2060915 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hey everyone,

In my latest video i'm testing the Smart Remote and I'll try to show you how it works in a real-life situation when there's lot of sunlight and ultimately you can see for yourself whether it's worth the money or not.

Spoiler alert: It's worth it (for me).

Hope you enjoy the vid!
-Mike
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mike. Thank you for sharing this review video that you have created for the DJI Smart Controller. Great work and thank you for supporting DJI.
2019-1-19
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

nice edit ! thanks for the info's and spending the money for us before we buy $$
2019-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing   
2019-1-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice video! Thanks for sharing.
2019-1-24
Use props
Paride Musci
First Officer
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

It would be a good solution for me and would resolving some little issues, unfortunately it does't work with Mavic air too, it would be great.
Maybe in the future with a good price discount.
2019-1-24
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great great video.  Thanks for sharing
2019-1-24
Use props
fansb39f6132
lvl.1

United States

DJI Panda Posted at 1-24 02:52
Nice video! Thanks for sharing.

Hello,

Can you please contact FedEx, because my package with DJI Smart Controller got stuck in the US facility. They require some information. My order number 0018218990767. Thank you!
2019-1-24
Use props
Flyingcougar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 654528 ft
United States

Thanks for the video! The screen brightness is a big plus, I would like to see some range and functional comparisons.
2019-1-24
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

don’t know your video was sponsored by DJi or not but your review is not ethic someway.  when you pointing  the your mobile , you faced it fully sunray but when you facing your SC you kept it under your shadow and I ready do not see soooo bright screen anyway  this is my first comment,   second , in the market there are many smart phones brightness  way higher than SC (such as Samsung Galaxy S9 Note )  which has brightness  over 1,130 cd/m2 (nits) I do agree for easy set up compability but I do definitely  not agree rest of compliments you did for SC
2019-1-24
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Mike, thank you for sharing.  It's very informative and from what you shared, the screen doesn't wash out like my iPad.
2019-1-24
Use props
IcannotThinkOfAName
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing your opinion!
2019-1-24
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome, release by Dji on there new remote display  which is a bit steep.. Does this mean the Crystal View displays will be dropping in price.
2019-1-24
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ordered a Mavic 2 Pro/Smart Controller/Fly More Kit/Care Refresh package as soon as I heard the announcement from CES and it arrived 4 working days later so guessing I must be one of the first in the UK to have one?

I really like it but only have a friends controller to compare it to.

Here are some of the things I don’t like;

1. It loses the dot matrix telemetry panel of the original controller. It would have been a killer controller if DJI had not dropped the telemetry display IMHO.
2. The buttons on the Smart Controller are not illuminated like the original controller.
3. DJI have fitted the Smart Controller with a USB-C connector. Good?
4. DJI have supplied an extra wall-wart PSU with USB-A Socket and a USB-A to USB-C cable to charge the new Smart Controller but the original charger power supply still has the existing fold-out Micro USB cable to charge...well absolutely nothing in the new package! Bad!

Having given the negatives I will say again I really like the controller and although I was worried about only having a 5.5” display (I was flying my P3P with a 9.7” iPad Air 2) the brightness of the display seems to make up for the reduction in size even with my 59 year old eyes.

It’s a pity they seem to have cut some corners despite its extortionate pricing.

Honest opinion? I don't think it's worth the money but I did buy one as part of the M2P package so effectively never paid the full price for it but then again I do have more money than sense!

Don't have a lot of money but I have even less sense...

-=Glyn=-
2019-1-24
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Good information. Thanks for sharing.  
2019-1-24
Use props
djiuser_ucjkoaWrqXJt
New

Pakistan

nice article mx player pro cracked
2019-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

GlynH Posted at 1-24 09:53
Ordered a Mavic 2 Pro/Smart Controller/Fly More Kit/Care Refresh package as soon as I heard the announcement from CES and it arrived 4 working days later so guessing I must be one of the first in the UK to have one?

I really like it but only have a friends controller to compare it to.

To number 1, if you lost transmission you could fly the craft home, or you could press RTH and it will fly directly home, if you think it’s easier to fly without transmission than a direct RTH flight then maybe , matrix telemetry is something you will miss.
But I’m not so sure, it is both easier and safer to hit RTH when transmission is lost, I can’t think of any other reason to use matrix telemetry, unless you don’t have enough battery to RTH and maybe land, but even that once your in VLOS you would have that option even if transmission was lost .

I have once used it for fun when I wasn’t using it with my phone, which I can’t or don’t need to with SRC.

I’m not to sure what you mean in number 4, but it’s equipped with a very fast charger, you will really notice how quick this is just by trying any USB wall socket.

I think if you compare the build the components to a $1000 phone you will see the real value of this, I don’t see where corners were cut , compare it to Crystalsky and normal RC which would set you back $850 again you will see the real value.
2019-1-24
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

I already fly with the 5.5" CS, running on the finicky unreliable and last to be updated ANDROID  platform!  As you state, love the visual quality and that's why I purchased it...currently priced at $469.  However, this smart controller...more marketing BS...your review has the same monitor I already own...same awful android platform that DJI ignores for the most part...so Why would I pay $649 to 'upgrade' something I ALREADY own!  Frankly, I would not!  However, if the "smart controller" had been based on the MORE stable and DJI attentive IOS platform....ahh... and there I would seriously consider purchasing this new toy...but alas, that is not the case!
2019-1-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2019-1-24
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you! Great review!
2019-1-26
Use props
noah015
lvl.1

Ukraine

The video is useful, but I'm wondering if you use software for qualitative database analysis? For example https://provalisresearch.com/pro ... -analysis-software/ , I have been looking for something similar for my business for a long time.
2019-1-27
Use props
ro7alll
lvl.1
United States

very nice, though when will the Crystal Sky get some of the same software up to date as this?
2019-1-27
Use props
fans775f4789
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623586 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I am really doubtful about the update of DJI go 4 apps, previously DJI update DJI go 4 on crystalsky monitor weeks or months after iOS and android platform. If they go on this trend, it’s really meaningless to get the smart controller as you cannot enjoy the new features ASAP.
2019-1-28
Use props
Hartyaj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Australia

Thanks for sharing your very informative shoot, where was it taken ?  
2019-1-28
Use props
Mr Onikoyi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129695 ft
  • >>>
France

nice video! but to tell you the truth i don't know if i'm ready to put 600$ in that yet.
For me a good tablet on my regular remote is enough...
2019-1-28
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Change of opinion?
2019-1-28
Use props
ardian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 455197 ft
  • >>>
United States

MRomine Posted at 1-28 13:37
Change of opinion? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZjymjtMOGk

Beta Testers Unite!!!
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_Z9OR1LK9sPJn
New

India

The DJI Smart Controller is designed to maximize your outdoor flying experience with the Mavic 2 or other aircraft equipped with OcuSync 2.0. A 5.5-inch built-in screen displays clear, bright images, even under challenging conditions.
2019-1-29
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I have to admit that I've been lucky with the activation process and the upgrade, well, actually two upgrades.  I did the initial upgrade yesterday over wifi and all went well.  Just finished the second upgrade, again over wifi and it again went okay.  I don't have an sd-card in it yet.  (and I don't like the fact that their recommended 128gig is NOT my sandisk)

But I also have not used it other than linking to the drone and starting the props in my den so far.

We shall see.  Android is, well, Android and I would imagine that if by some miracle apple would even license the OS, the controller would cost twice as much!
2019-1-29
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great report! Thanks for the leg work with the review!
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well I think mike was a bit previous with that video, it is pretty common coming from mike he loves to attract clickbait, he first does a video of SRC where he recommends it hands down, but that video will not get half the hits of don’t buy this and big writing Fail, he has done this with other dji products, so he’s well aware what the thirsty public are looking for and he gives it to them.

I liked mike but he has gone down in my estimation, maybe if he just checked when FW would be released instead of putting his foot in his mouth.
2019-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah - now there's a contradiction if I ever saw one lol This sadly undermines the credibility of the reviewer far more than the product being reviewed.  
2019-1-29
Use props
DroneSupremacy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2060915 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Not really contradiction if you change the way you feel about a specific product after using it for a while. Like i say in the video, i like the idea of the SRC, just not the execution. And as a person with such a following i feel obliged to keep people informed about the potential problems they might encounter, and then everyone can decide for themselves whether to invest in it or not.
2019-1-29
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

I guess reality check after some beta testing and initial hype-induced euphoria.
2019-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneSupremacy Posted at 1-29 13:20
Not really contradiction if you change the way you feel about a specific product after using it for a while. Like i say in the video, i like the idea of the SRC, just not the execution. And as a person with such a following i feel obliged to keep people informed about the potential problems they might encounter, and then everyone can decide for themselves whether to invest in it or not.

I take it that you will remove your ‘positive’ review then from here and your YT channel so as not to misinform with conflicting information? Imagine your viewers watching your first video and spending £550 on a new controller based on the information you provide then getting excited before delivery only to watch your follow up video changing your opinion in calling it a ‘FAIL’ lol Thankfully I’m not that easily influenced but there are clearly those that are. It’s never good to see products being juggled to boost individual ratings.
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneSupremacy Posted at 1-29 13:20

I think you greatly over exaggerated your you tube post just for extra clicks, much of what you said was wrong and other stuff you said has since been sorted,  Using ridiculous headlines like Don’t Buy this and it’s a Failed product, shows you have no problem sinking to the level of you tubers who gain their popularity by trying to be extreme in your views.

Last week you gave the impression that this was a good product to purchase, this week you come out with headlines Failed DoNot Buy, but I didn’t hear you apologizing to those who you recommended to purchase the week before, just showing you make your vlogs without any consideration for members you lead astray according to your vlog today.

I used to like your vlogs, but lately I’ve noticed the same reteric , you use dji product to post a positive vlog and follow this with a negative vlog, I believe you realise the benefit of thrashing products and how many more clicks you get from this and that might be great for you now, but it might bite you in the arse someday.
2019-1-29
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Yes, it is just awful that it took another day or two for the newer software to reach the product.  A bit overblown.  
2019-1-29
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

I've been flying for about a month now, and don't really see any added benefit for what I use my Mavic for right now. Maybe later I'll change my mind, or maybe I'll wait for version 2.
2019-1-30
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

[post deleted; duplicate]
2019-1-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now