help with Gimbal
805 5 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doger66
lvl.1

Canada

Help Please,

I recently picked up my first Drone . I slightly used DJI phantom3 standard that (I was told) has only been used a half dozen times .  The Drone looks brand new and really dosent look like it was used much at all.  My issue is the gimbal is not reponding to the remote.

Here is what happens and what I have done:

-          I have video feed and can record in flight

-          The camera does move when powering on (but mostly left to right) I have watched videos online and my gimblal does not swing around as much as the ones i have watched

-          The camera will move a little left or right when using the left remote stick

-          The camera does nothing when using the wheel  on the left front  corner of the remote

I have read online and tried calibrating both the remote and the gamble with no success.

Any ideas on what I should try next?  Could a lose cable or something simple like that be my issue.

thx

2019-1-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

When you calibrated the controller, did you include the dial in your calibration?  
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day doger66. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Can you please try to check if the firmware of the drone is on it's latest update? I will be posting a link where you can find the latest firmware for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard ( https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-st ... te_search#downloads ). Please try to re calibrate the gimbal of your drone as well. I will post an official DJI tutorial video on how to calibrate the gimbal of your drone. Please give us an update on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you for choosing DJI.

2019-1-19
Use props
doger66
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks for this

I double checked the firmware and check it is the latest version. I also went and re celebrated both the gimbal and the controller with no improvements to report.   the gimbal only moves an inch or so to the left or right and nothing when moving the wheel.  There is a faint but steady sort of static sound (like a poorly tuned radio) coming from the gimbal.  
2019-1-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

doger66 Posted at 1-19 13:20
Thanks for this

I double checked the firmware and check it is the latest version. I also went and re celebrated both the gimbal and the controller with no improvements to report.   the gimbal only moves an inch or so to the left or right and nothing when moving the wheel.  There is a faint but steady sort of static sound (like a poorly tuned radio) coming from the gimbal.

Aloha doger,

There are two problems you need to look into.  When calibrating the remote controller, be sure the aircraft is turned OFF.  Also, when doing the calibration, be sure you see the blue percentage numbers reach 100.  This often takes a couple tries and a dozen seconds or two dozen, then go back and forth a number of times until the numbers show up easily.  This is true of the sticks to.

The gimbal does not move the camera much left and right.  That is because the aircraft yaw does that movement for the camera.  When calibrating the gimbal, be sure the manual gimbal setting is zeroed out.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-20
Use props
doger66
lvl.1

Canada

ok i am pretty sure all the calibrating have been done correctly with no change in the gimbal response.  i did notice a couple of things that made me go hmmmm?  first when calibrating the remote I am in Stick Mode 1.  The remote pops up and says the mode 2 is the default setting but if i try and change it it seems to switch back to mode 1 when i go back in and check the setting. Tthe other thing I noticed is when I am calibrating the Gimbal I see three settings  camera forward/down, adjust Gimbal role and Gimbal auto calibrate.  if i try and tap the camera forwar/down nothing happens.  is this normal.

thx for the help
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules