How do I know if my Phantom 3 has the updated firmwar
3042 10 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8qSL6yWU9CaO
lvl.1

United States

I bought my Phantom 3 Standard and don't know if the previous owner updated the firmware or not. How to I find the answer to this question? What will the update change? What happens if the firmware doesn't get updated?

2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for the inquiry. All you need to do is to download the latest firmware of the DJI Phantom 3 Standard to a computer and compare it to the drone's current firmware. I will be posting a link where you can find the latest firmware for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-st ... te_search#downloads

2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_8qSL6yWU9CaO
lvl.1

United States

Doing that now. Not sure what I'm going to be looking for ...
2019-1-19
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find your current firmware version in the General Settings --> About section of DJI GO. See the link from @DJI Stephen above to read the firmware release notes (to see the major changes).

Nothing will happen if you decide to run old firmware. It's a good idea to install firmware updates, but you don't have to install them.
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_8qSL6yWU9CaO
lvl.1

United States

I downloaded it.... don't know how to open it to see what it is
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_8qSL6yWU9CaO
lvl.1

United States

msinger Posted at 1-19 13:17
You can find your current firmware version in the General Settings --> About section of DJI GO. See the link from @DJI Stephen above to read the firmware release notes (to see the major changes).

Nothing will happen if you decide to run old firmware. It's a good idea to install firmware updates, but you don't have to install them.

I found the about on my phone. says APP; 3.1.50 and the Version N/A and the Database 01.00.01.09. The numbers I'm looking for are the DATABASE?
2019-1-19
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Is your Phantom connected to DJI GO?
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_8qSL6yWU9CaO
lvl.1

United States

No .. I have the phantom and the controller turned off. Only thing on is the phone
2019-1-19
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI GO will not be able to find the version numbers when the Phantom is disconnected.
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_8qSL6yWU9CaO
lvl.1

United States

I turned on the drone. turned on the controller and turned on the phone app DJI go. Those numbers that I originally gave are the only ones it is showing. I downloaded the firmware update file but I messed up something trying to open it. Going to need to start over I guess. I unzipped the file but don't know what to do with it. I have it allowing me to send the file to my phone but I don't want to do something that is going to mess stuff up. DOn't know if the program would go the the DJI go file or some where else. I just shut stuff off for now and take a break. Will try again later.
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_8qSL6yWU9CaO
lvl.1

United States

All is good. I finally got everything up and ready. Don't know if it installed new or already had  new firmware in it but all is good now. It shows the new firmware is installed. Thanks to everyone for their help.
2019-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules