iPad Pro 11" Support
10474 23 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Anybody running DJI Go4 on an iPad Pro 11"??? IS it running OK? Is the screen fully usable?

Thanks
2019-1-19
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Hi ygor,

Sorry to report, DJI has not yet updated the GO 4 app for the iPad Pro 11 or new 12.9, thus the app runs letterboxed on the new iPad.

I have been complaining for a few weeks to DJI now, and two updates have come out since, and still no updated support for the iPad Pro 11.

Only bit of good news however, is that yes, the app does still work on the new device and appears stable.

Cheers
2019-1-19
Use props
JohnGault
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3726421 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 1-19 19:50
Hi ygor,

Sorry to report, DJI has not yet updated the GO 4 app for the iPad Pro 11 or new 12.9, thus the app runs letterboxed on the new iPad.

That’s odd I fly with a iPad Pro 11”, I’ve had nothing but great experiences. I have noticed my flight records show slightly differently when compared to an iPhone.
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ygor. Thank you for the inquiry. Upon checking  the mobile device that you are using  iPad Pro 11. I am sorry to say that the mobile device still not recommended for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Actually, there is a  possibility that the iPad Pro 11 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-1-20
Use props
unteam_cmdr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1244337 ft
Russia

Hello, any news for upadte dji go with support new ipad?  I changed old 12.9 (2017) to new 11 inch and picture not wide like screen ipad.
2019-2-4
Use props
unteam_cmdr
lvl.1
Russia

hello ????
2019-3-5
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

I am using iPad Pro 11 apart from the screen size,  which is like a  letter box as said ,   rest of the application works perfectly well.  I done number of flights even reach to the altitude 200m or long distance, which I never dare to do when I was using my s9 note,  all were smooth and error free .No application crush or no unexpected signal lost.
on the other hand , what I realised if I use Litchi it gives   full screen on Ipad Pro 11 so I think Litchi is updating their system well in advance than DG4.
2019-3-7
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
United States

Still a bummer that they don’t use the whole iPad 11” screen... they just have to update the iOS SDK and recompile the whole thing...
2019-3-12
Use props
juaneduardolope
New
United States

I have been looking for answer for a while all over the net and nothing.

Then I come here and I see a dead thread that DJI seems to have NO clue whatsoever about resizing the screen let alone how easy it is,

Their support is getting worse daily.

The worst thing on this thread is the comment from them stating that it isn't a supported device. There is no excuse for the lack of competence and customer service. I wonder who do they have monitoring these forums...

JL

iPad Pro 11" 256gb (2018)
2019-3-26
Use props
juaneduardolope
New
United States

Then I come here and I see a dead thread that DJI seems to have NO clue whatsoever about resizing the screen let alone how easy it is,

The worst thing on this thread is the comment from them stating that it isn't a supported device. There is no excuse for the lack of competence and customer service. I wonder who do they have monitoring these forums...

JL

2019-3-26
Use props
juaneduardolope
New
United States

ygor Posted at 3-12 19:22
Still a bummer that they don’t use the whole iPad 11” screen... they just have to update the iOS SDK and recompile the whole thing...

JL

2019-3-26
Use props
juaneduardolope
New
United States

ygor Posted at 3-12 19:22

JL

2019-3-26
Use props
Gumpants
lvl.1
United States

JohnGault Posted at 1-20 04:54
That’s odd I fly with a iPad Pro 11”, I’ve had nothing but great experiences. I have noticed my flight records show slightly differently when compared to an iPhone.

How are you hooking up your iPad Pro 11? USB C to Micro USB? What brand of cable? I cannot seem to get it to work!
2019-4-8
Use props
Gumpants
lvl.1
United States

JohnGault Posted at 1-20 04:54

How are you hooking up your iPad Pro 11? USB C to Micro USB? What brand of cable? I cannot seem to get it to work!
2019-4-8
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Gumpants Posted at 4-8 17:21

if you haven't already sorted out,  there are number of USB-C to  micro USB cables in the market  (one end goes to controller micro USB other end goes to iPad USB-C  or there are also cables in the market USB -C to USB  in this case you can use the USB  connection in the middle of  the controller which is more reliable then the micro USB  connection on the left side of the controller  .

Photo 2

Photo 2

Photo 1

Photo 1
2019-4-11
Use props
Gumpants
lvl.1
United States

Thanks a million! I will try one of these out.
2019-4-11
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Brazil

@DJI Natalia any news on this one?
2019-4-15
Use props
unteam_cmdr
lvl.1
Russia

still no support full screen, its amazing, half year and nothing.
2019-6-4
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Brazil

the good news here is that Apple will soon stop accepting updates to applications that support the iPad and didn't implement the new iPad Pro's resolutions so they will be forced to do it eventually...
2019-6-13
Use props
jocamero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577487 ft
United States

Still not full screen... come on DJI!
2019-12-19
Use props
Jeffk813
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4688 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm trying to connect ,my iPad Pro 11" to my Mavic Mini controller but I'm not having any luck. The iPad completely ignores the controller. It's not the iPad, because that works perfectly with my Mavic 2 Pro. It's not the Mini's controller, because that works perfectly with my iPhone 11. I purchased a recommended cable, but is there a different one that others are using? I see references to use the "other" usb connection, but the Mini controller doesn't have one like the other Mavics do.
2020-1-3
Use props
Vanzoll
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft
United States

Jeffk813 Posted at 1-3 08:50
I'm trying to connect ,my iPad Pro 11" to my Mavic Mini controller but I'm not having any luck. The iPad completely ignores the controller. It's not the iPad, because that works perfectly with my Mavic 2 Pro. It's not the Mini's controller, because that works perfectly with my iPhone 11. I purchased a recommended cable, but is there a different one that others are using? I see references to use the "other" usb connection, but the Mini controller doesn't have one like the other Mavics do.

I was checking in to see if you have been able to get your iPad Pro 11” to work with your Mavic mini?
Thank you
2020-2-10
Use props
dbrailey1020
New
Flight distance : 341640 ft
United States

I was hoping the live view would fit the whole screen, of the iPad Pro 11, this issue isn't resolved but when it comes to the NFZ/GEO Fencing that's being update daily
2020-5-31
Use props
Tferguson
lvl.1
United States

Has this been fixed? I also have this problem with my Phantom 4 Pro. I am using the USB-c to USB-A from DJI. This works with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 but not my iPad Pro 11". I also have a Phantom 4 and my iPad works with that setup but not with the Phantom 4 Pro.
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules