Osmo Extension Rod with Osmo Pocket
3920 13 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Biju
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Is there any way of connecting the DJI Osmo Pocket with Osmo Extension Rod using Osmo Pocket Accessory mount? If possible, is there any additional accessory purchase needed to establish the connection?
2019-1-20
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had success.  I added a rubber/poly washer between the knurled teeth of the mounting plate and a GoPro style tripod mount.  That protects the bottom of the tripod mount from the teeth digging in, but still keeps a tight grip.  I use the OSMO phone mounting attachment at the handle and attach the phone to the Pocket with a 3 foot Thunder (USB-C) to Lightening cable.

I also have the Osmo tripod base.  When I used it with the Osmo it always seemed a bit top heavy :-) but with the pocket the setup is pretty solid.  FWIW, I purchased both the Extension Rod AND tripod base as 'nicely' Used items from B&H PhotoVideo for about half the price.  I wasn't able to get it through DJI as it was listed as "not available in you country!" from the DJI store.  If B&H doesn't have it, check Adorama.  Both are solid companies and have a very dynamic Used product Buy and Sell.

2019-1-20
Use props
Biju
lvl.1
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 1-20 07:29
I've had success.  I added a rubber/poly washer between the knurled teeth of the mounting plate and a GoPro style tripod mount.  That protects the bottom of the tripod mount from the teeth digging in, but still keeps a tight grip.  I use the OSMO phone mounting attachment at the handle and attach the phone to the Pocket with a 3 foot Thunder (USB-C) to Lightening cable.

I also have the Osmo tripod base.  When I used it with the Osmo it always seemed a bit top heavy :-) but with the pocket the setup is pretty solid.  FWIW, I purchased both the Extension Rod AND tripod base as 'nicely' Used items from B&H PhotoVideo for about half the price.  I wasn't able to get it through DJI as it was listed as "not available in you country!" from the DJI store.  If B&H doesn't have it, check Adorama.  Both are solid companies and have a very dynamic Used product Buy and Sell.

Thank you so much for your comments. Would you be kind enough to upload a photograph of your setup?
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that the Osmo Extension Rod and Osmo Pocket accessory mount are not compatible due to the hardware design. We do appreciate your understanding. Please let us know if you have other concerns.  
2019-1-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just have a look around for fitting for normal tripod, you will see plenty on Amazon, I’ve been using Osmo tripodand selfie stick works great, looking for fitting for my bicycle mount next.
2019-1-20
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

I was playing around with this last week.  I am still waiting for my ND filters so I am not really doing much with it still.

2019-1-20
Use props
Biju
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you, Mr Sepo.
2019-1-20
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Biju Posted at 1-20 08:44
Thank you so much for your comments. Would you be kind enough to upload a photograph of your setup?

Yes... 1) shows the small washer that fits inside the knurled Osmo mount, 2) shows it "instaled," 3) show it with the GoPro style tripod mount attached, 4) shows the full extension rod.
a.JPG b.JPG c.JPG d.JPG

Photos Adapting GoPro mount to Extension Rod.pdf

111.03 KB, Down times: 4

2019-1-21
Use props
Biju
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you so much. You guys are amazing!

2019-1-21
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-20 10:01
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that the Osmo Extension Rod and Osmo Pocket accessory mount are not compatible due to the hardware design. We do appreciate your understanding. Please let us know if you have other concerns.

Please see my rely in #8.  It really works and the only things not DJI are the washer and the tripod mount.  FWIW, that mount is 'compatible' with the Accessory Mount spec'd for the OoooP.
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 1-21 12:35
Please see my rely in #8.  It really works and the only things not DJI are the washer and the tripod mount.  FWIW, that mount is 'compatible' with the Accessory Mount spec'd for the OoooP.

Hi, thanks for sharing your work it's amazing, however, we have no official information for this kind of scenario. We do appreciate sharing your idea with our customer. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-21
Use props
Iron Jim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1732372 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is anyone having a problem powering up the Osmo Pocket when connected to the extension Rod, I purchased the Extension rod about 3 weeks ago, and have noticed that to make the extension rod work, I have to either power on the osmo pocket first before attaching it to the extension rod, or attach it to the extension rod, and connect the usb-c charger to the Osmo Pocket, and then power it on from the extension rod. just curious, as to whether or not my extension rod is defective, I've watched a few youtube videos that state you have to charge the battery in the extension rod by connecting it to the osmo pocket, which i have done over night, and have gotten the same results.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated
2019-8-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There have been some reports of this in other threads.  This thread is about the Osmo (not Osmo Pocket) extension rod, so you might do better posting in an Osmo Pocket extention rod thread.  Meanwhile, I've seen what you've experienced myself, and haven't fully explored the issue yet, but I do remember that the order of turning things on seemed to make a difference.  I'll have another look later.
2019-8-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've now started a dedicated thread for this problem.  The solution seems to be to disconnect the USB-C cable from the Pocket before attempting to turn it on with the rod.  After doing that a few times, it works normally.
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules