Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Pocket Camera Stuck after turning on device
5396 6 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OSMO Pocketeer
New
Singapore

Hi,

My Osmo Pocket camera would get stuck to the gimbal arms after i turn it on (happens 95% of the time). And if I nudge it manually, the camera balance seem kinda off and i have to turn it off and restart it until it doesn't get stuck. Any similar encounter and has a solution to it, kindly advise. Thank you.
Capture.JPG
2019-1-20
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make a copy of the link to this (your post) Click on the link below, then "Product Support" then scroll to the bottom of the screen and choose Online Support.  You will start a Chat Session.  In you description of the problem include the link to this Post.  You should rightfully expect to get a CASE # or some guidance on how to reset.

Prior to starting the Chat, be sure to run a Gimbal Calibration using both the device screen and  a separate Calibration via the Mimo app.  They will ask you if you did so, so you can honestly say "yes"  :-)
https://www.dji.com/support/product

2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. We would like to clarify that this situation can be get rid by restarting your Osmo Pocket? Did you manage to update the firmware of your Osmo Pocket? May we have a short video of this concern so that we could check this situation. You may upload the link using google drive or dropbox for further check. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-20
Use props
Yan Mednis
New

Belarus

Hello! Sorry, I can't create a new post, but I have a similar problem. Only my camera started to stuck after the camera fell and in another place. Please tell me how I can solve this problem. Unfortunately, I do not have a service center in my country.

2020-10-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Yan Mednis Posted at 10-14 15:44
Hello! Sorry, I can't create a new post, but I have a similar problem. Only my camera started to stuck after the camera fell and in another place. Please tell me how I can solve this problem. Unfortunately, I do not have a service center in my country.

[view_image]

It normally means the virtical gimbal arm has bent very slightly and is not normally repairable but a replacement part is needed. Any attempt to straighten it could result in further damage so best not attempted. Best to contact DJI support.
2020-10-14
Use props
Yan Mednis
New

Belarus

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-14 21:52
It normally means the virtical gimbal arm has bent very slightly and is not normally repairable but a replacement part is needed. Any attempt to straighten it could result in further damage so best not attempted. Best to contact DJI support.

Unfortunately, I am not able to contact the DJI Service Center. The nearest center is very far away and cannot be reached due to the coronavirus.

There literally 1 millimeter prevents the head from scrolling. If  push it a little, then it moves. What if I peel off a little layer of material in the place shown in the figure so that the head can rotate freely? How do you think this will help?

2020-10-15
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Yan Mednis Posted at 10-15 03:15
Unfortunately, I am not able to contact the DJI Service Center. The nearest center is very far away and cannot be reached due to the coronavirus.

There literally 1 millimeter prevents the head from scrolling. If  push it a little, then it moves. What if I peel off a little layer of material in the place shown in the figure so that the head can rotate freely? How do you think this will help?

Personally I don't think it will help as the vertical upright is bent, so the calibration will be out all the time. You may even then damage a motor assembly trying to shave off material. A person here did put up a video of how he 'repaired' his only to take it down again a short time after. It may have packed up shortly after or wasn't usable. Either way, it really needs a proper repair or if made worse could fail.
2020-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules