Mavic Pro repair costs
1665 9 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb11333ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44485 ft
United States

Hi everybody..  I was gifted a Mavic Pro with some issues...  It flies very well, but the Camera footage has transparent flickering purple lines in it. Also there yellow/green pixels throughout the image.

I've attached a picture..

Is this a ribbon cable issue or a camera issue? and how much would it cost to repair?

Thanks!
Annotation 2019-01-20 090353.jpg
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the camera of your DJI Mavic Pro. Please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for further help on this said issue. Thank you.

2019-1-20
Use props
fansb11333ab
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I will do this when I know what the approx repair costs will be...  It would be silly to pay a lot of money to repair a relative old Mavic..

Thanks,
-Ronald.
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansb11333ab Posted at 1-20 09:27
Yes, I will do this when I know what the approx repair costs will be...  It would be silly to pay a lot of money to repair a relative old Mavic..

Thanks,

Hi Ronald, the drone will need to be evaluated first when our repair center receives the drone, but you can refer to the price of the main parts here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2019-1-20
Use props
fansb11333ab
lvl.1
United States

Pricing seems fair...    I will send it in..

Thanks!
2019-1-20
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Have you tried downgrading your app version?
It might be that simply your device can’t handle the latest app version and you need to downgrade and the image issues will be resolved.
It’s worth trying I think

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-20
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 1-20 18:37
Have you tried downgrading your app version?
It might be that simply your device can’t handle the latest app version and you need to downgrade and the image issues will be resolved.
It’s worth trying I think

I think he said pictures and videos turn out this way... not the display? I think trying a different mobile device/version is worth a try also. Could be a bad/incompatible SD card possibly?
2019-1-21
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Bob Brown Posted at 1-21 03:56
I think he said pictures and videos turn out this way... not the display? I think trying a different mobile device/version is worth a try also. Could be a bad/incompatible SD card possibly?

He said camera footage, so I supposed that he meant live view

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-21
Use props
fansb11333ab
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the replies!!  
This is what I see when I play the footage on my laptop directly from the SD.. The live-view has the same lines..  It can't be the SD because it works fine on my Phantom 4..  
I am thinking it is a damaged ribbon because lightly tapping the mavic above the camera makes the lines go away... for a bit..  

I'm sending it in to DJI to be fixed..  

Thanks!
2019-1-21
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb11333ab Posted at 1-21 08:40
Thanks for the replies!!  
This is what I see when I play the footage on my laptop directly from the SD.. The live-view has the same lines..  It can't be the SD because it works fine on my Phantom 4..  
I am thinking it is a damaged ribbon because lightly tapping the mavic above the camera makes the lines go away... for a bit..  

Yeah ribbon cable is pretty hard to change. I purchased one a while back when I was having issues and discovered the gimbal resets were caused by the SD card I was using... so ended up not needing to do it. The procedure requires some serious patience and a steady hand.
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules