Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Today's dramas (TapFly, DJI Go4 etc.)
382 2 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spandit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

Today I thought I'd try out TapFly mode as I have planted some blocks of trees with a ride inbetween them and thought flying up in between them at low altitude would look good. The ride is a good 15 feet wide and slopes uphill.

Started off trying to flying around my land by tapping in various places but a couple of times the drone started descending quite rapidly and I didn't know how low it was going to go.

I then stood at the bottom of the ride, facing uphill. First couple of attempts at clicking a point at the top led the drone to drift off to the left, to the point where I had to intervene before it hit the trees. I tried it in course lock, but it still kept drifting. Wasn't much wind, if any, especially below the tree line. I might try tomorrow at a lower speed. Terrain follow mode worked to an extent with the rising ground.

For some reason my Acer Iconia tablet had completely drained itself of power and after charging it enough for it to switch on, I thought it would charge from the remote. Seemed to be working until it suddenly shut down with the drone in the air. Fortunately, I was able to manually bring it in and land it without a problem - a good reason for always keeping it in sight, I suppose! I could have plugged my phone in with the same cable if desperate.

Got everything charged back up again whilst I was splitting logs outside. Was going to come in for dinner when I noticed the incredibly clear full moon which was still low enough to be behind some trees. It looked massive so I rushed inside and picked up the drone. The tablet was a bit unresponsive and although I got airborne in GPS mode, it suddenly went into ATTI mode and gave me some sort of error about "check app" - drone immediately started motoring off towards my neighbours but fortunately I still had some control and GPS mode came back in again. I have noticed it turns a bit in the hover - wonder if this is connected to the veering left issue? I calibrated the IMU yesterday and checked the compass and IMU performance in the app.

My neighbour has a vineyard with beautifully straight rows - if the weather is OK I'll go down there tomorrow and see if it's still drifting.

After all that, moon looked a bit crap anyway

moon.jpg

moon.jpg
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day spandit. Thank you for sharing your previous flight experience with your DJI Mavic Pro. Regarding the issue why the mobile device Acer Iconia tablet completely drained itself of power.  Have you tried using a different mobile device for us to check if the issue still persist? Upon checking  the mobile device that you are using  Acer Iconia tablet. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro.  Actually, there is a  possibility that the Acer Iconia tablet will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. By the way great pictures and thank you for sharing them.

2019-1-20
Use props
spandit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

I'm aware it's not a recommended device but for a budget option it normally works very well. Unsure as to why the battery has been draining but I'll work it out. Waiting for a tablet holder to arrive so I can try my iPad in it
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules