M210 RTK upward gimbal
3313 7 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KT_20
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213458 ft
Italy

Hi, I have to install the upward gimbal in matrice 210 RTK and I was wondering if I have to install also the GPS module instead the currently mounted RTK antenna (i always fly with rtk station).
Thank you
2019-1-20
Use props
KT_20
lvl.2
Italy

Is unavoidable to install the GPS module instead of the left RTK antenna? The GPS external module is required also if I fly with rtk ground station and rt satellites on? Why I need to install the GPS module with the upward gimbal?
2019-1-20
Use props
KT_20
lvl.2
Italy

And if I have to unavoidable install the external GPS module instead one of the two RTK antennas, will the RTK positioning still work?
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi KT_20, the built-in compass and GPS will fail to work if a single upward gimbal is in use, the D-RTK antennas cannot retrieve the GPS signal when the aircraft is flying under a bridge or other tall buildings. It is recommended to mount the extended GPS module when a single upward gimbal is attached.
On the M210 RTK, the GPS module must be installed on the left side, please check more details of the User Manual. GTScreenshot_20190122_151309.png
2019-1-21
Use props
LarryLaxdal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7772 ft

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-21 23:14
Hi KT_20, the built-in compass and GPS will fail to work if a single upward gimbal is in use, the D-RTK antennas cannot retrieve the GPS signal when the aircraft is flying under a bridge or other tall buildings. It is recommended to mount the extended GPS module when a single upward gimbal is attached.
On the M210 RTK, the GPS module must be installed on the left side, please check more details of the User Manual.[view_image]

I believe the question is: why does the M210 need the GPS if it's flying in RTK mode? The positional information is being provided by the ground station, and not the on-board GPS, no?
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LarryLaxdal Posted at 1-23 07:17
I believe the question is: why does the M210 need the GPS if it's flying in RTK mode? The positional information is being provided by the ground station, and not the on-board GPS, no?

Thanks for your clarification, I will explain again. The position of the aircraft is being provided by the RTK air system, the ground station provides the calibration function which makes the drone to fly more precisely.
If you are referring to the external GPS module, it is not necessary to be mounted without mounting the upward gimbal. But if you mount the upward gimbal, it is recommended to mount the external GPS module.For the internal GPS, when enabling RTK, the drone will take off in P-GPS mode with RTK FIX.

2019-1-25
Use props
AIRSurv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-1-25 03:05
Thanks for your clarification, I will explain again. The position of the aircraft is being provided by the RTK air system, the ground station provides the calibration function which makes the drone to fly more precisely.
If you are referring to the external GPS module, it is not necessary to be mounted without mounting the upward gimbal. But if you mount the upward gimbal, it is recommended to mount the external GPS module.For the internal GPS, when enabling RTK, the drone will take off in P-GPS mode with RTK FIX.

So I have a Matrice 210 RTK V2. to clarify, I have to uninstall one or both of my built in flip up RTK antennas and buy/install an external GPS unit along with the upper gimbal to operate under a bridge? I also have the DJI ground station (extra $7000) and you are telling me that it is no good for use with the upper gimbal for bridge inspections?
2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AIRSurv Posted at 5-8 08:50
So I have a Matrice 210 RTK V2. to clarify, I have to uninstall one or both of my built in flip up RTK antennas and buy/install an external GPS unit along with the upper gimbal to operate under a bridge? I also have the DJI ground station (extra $7000) and you are telling me that it is no good for use with the upper gimbal for bridge inspections?

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I confirm that you're using M210 RTK V2, right? Please note that M210 RTK V2 does not need to purchase additional external GPS module, you can use the RTK antenna.
2022-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules