Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does speed vary with direction???
892 7 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

Does movement (speed) across the ground vary with direction of flight (forward, backwards, left or right)???  I'm wondering if the propellor placement/orientation on the arms causes a faster speed going forward versus reverse, left or right???

2019-1-20
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Very minorly if at all due to the low speeds of the Spark.  Speed is limited by how tilted it can get minus the minimal drag at 30mph.  Maybe it doesn't tilt as much in roll as it does in pitch.  
2019-1-20
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Very minorly if at all due to the low speeds of the Spark.  Speed is limited by how tilted it can get minus the minimal drag at 30mph.  Maybe it doesn't tilt as much in roll, at full control deflection in sport mode, as it does in pitch?

I was messing with holding clockwise yaw rotation while keeping the Spark traveling straight away from me as I walked.  Rotating the cyclic stick in a circle as each side rotated to the direction I wanted to go.  Practicing having full control of the drone regardless of what it is doing.  Tilt seemed pretty much the same regardless of the side.

Spark charge.gif
2019-1-20
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Aerodynamically speaking the spark should go faster forward or backward than sideways.
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Rustic17. Thank you for the inquiry. The speed of the DJI Spark is faster going forward due to its design and built aerodynamically. Thank you.
2019-1-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

In P, the speed is faster, going diagonal.
20kph forward/backwards, left/right, but 30ish diagonal.
But of course, that has to do with the interpretation of the stick input, not with the abilities for the top speed in Sport.
2019-1-20
Use props
SAADHERO
First Officer
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

do u run forward as fast as backward side ways
no? same for spark xD
2019-1-21
Use props
A CW
Captain