Tapfly descends
918 7 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spandit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

I've read the manual, I've searched the web but can't find a definitive answer.

I clicked on a point that was below the horizon line on the screen and the drone started flying towards it whilst descending. When it got below 40ft I intervened and flew it back up again - how low would it have got?

2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. If you would tap higher than the line on the screen, the aircraft will move toward the target whilst it's ascending, however, tapping the screen below the horizon line would descend the aircraft. We may need to confirm how low it will go while in this situation. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-21
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-21 13:14
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. If you would tap higher than the line on the screen, the aircraft will move toward the target whilst it's ascending, however, tapping the screen below the horizon line would descend the aircraft. We may need to confirm how low it will go while in this situation. Thank you for the support.

That’s a good question and also curious to the answer. Thanks alot
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 1-27 07:02
That’s a good question and also curious to the answer. Thanks alot

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're currently waiting for the feedback of our team for further details. No worries, we will keep you posted once we receive the feedback. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2019-1-27
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

One would think that a tap below the horizon would cause descent, a tap above the horizon would cause ascent and a tap perfectly on the horizon would fly level
2019-1-27
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Yes, but descent how far? To landing?
2019-1-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

spandit Posted at 1-28 00:25
Yes, but descent how far? To landing?

I would assume it would get to a landing eventually, since anywhere you tap below horizon is ground level some distance away.  I think the tap command should be a two dimensional command that merely goes to the horizontal position you tapped on and not the actual point of the tap.  Having not tried the tap-fly, I don't know how it actually works.  I can't think of when I would ever use it.
2019-1-28
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

That's the problem. You make an assumption but nobody really knows. I agree, it's not a terribly useful feature
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules