9120 20 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi all
So I was wondering whats the maximum speed that the Spark can achieve when it’s hacked in sport++ mode,
I mean when using the nolimitdronez, and crank up the speed to the max to 10, then what speed do you guys get?
I hope that people that have it set like that, can reply here Thanks!

P.s. from what I’ve heard it’s about 80kmph

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-20
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

with the mod u should get 65km easily i have heard and perhaps 70+ with wind

but what i love about spark is that sport vs normal has little effect on batt so if u do the mod it will gulp the power from the battery
and i dont know could it tilt too much when turning at high speed to the point it falls
2019-1-20
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

SAADHERO Posted at 1-20 14:28
with the mod u should get 65km easily i have heard and perhaps 70+ with wind

but what i love about spark is that sport vs normal has little effect on batt so if u do the mod it will gulp the power from the battery

Ok, so 65 it is then that’s what I thought also, it surprised me when I read somewhere someone saying 80! I thought nah, can’t be. Should be about 65.
What about the Mavic Pro? There I think it’s 85...
Ah and I don’t think that they will fall when turning in high speed, hasn’t seen a single case of that

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-20
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

Alex B. Posted at 1-20 14:53
Ok, so 65 it is then that’s what I thought also, it surprised me when I read somewhere someone saying 80! I thought nah, can’t be. Should be about 65.
What about the Mavic Pro? There I think it’s 85...
Ah and I don’t think that they will fall when turning in high speed, hasn’t seen a single case of that

80 is so fast for that drone lol
i guess it should not flip
but i think i may mod the asend and deasnd speed as it goes down very slowly from 500m it takes forever at the 2m/s speed 4m/s should be good
2019-1-21
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

My own experience:

Changed attack angle from 35 degrees to 50-60 degrees..
Lost of extra speed, but logs filled with yaw/compass errors.
Ascend/desend values raised? Same log errors..

Back to basic.. 50 kmh is enough
2019-1-21
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

Max on mine no wind 15.7m/sec
I did not go out to test top speed and fly for a long period in a straight line.
Maybe this weekend
2019-1-25
Use props
fans64b97076
lvl.1
United States

So I have a DJI Spark, just got. So it’s brand new, as in never been opened. So I wondered what the sport mode button was, on the remote when I first got it. Then I looked it up, and thought it was really cool. And I should try it out on my drone. So I took off and then switched to sport mode...nothing happened. I’m so mad that I have a drone that is able to go 25-30mph, and my spark drone will only go a MAX OF 8 MPH. I saw someone at a park flying the same drone that I use and his Took Off. That thing went really fast. So I went up to ask him what he did to make his Spark drone to fly so fast. And he said all you have to do is slide the sport mode button on, on the remote. Then I showed him my remote and he was surprised because mine did not activate AT ALL. Not even a little, nothing on my phone to indicate that sport mode has been turned on, NOTHING. I told him, this is the way it came, and he said that if I report a problem with the drone, I should report a problem.*PLEASE HELP ME.
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_8et0wrYn8VcO
lvl.2

United States

fans64b97076 Posted at 1-29 15:03
So I have a DJI Spark, just got. So it’s brand new, as in never been opened. So I wondered what the sport mode button was, on the remote when I first got it. Then I looked it up, and thought it was really cool. And I should try it out on my drone. So I took off and then switched to sport mode...nothing happened. I’m so mad that I have a drone that is able to go 25-30mph, and my spark drone will only go a MAX OF 8 MPH. I saw someone at a park flying the same drone that I use and his Took Off. That thing went really fast. So I went up to ask him what he did to make his Spark drone to fly so fast. And he said all you have to do is slide the sport mode button on, on the remote. Then I showed him my remote and he was surprised because mine did not activate AT ALL. Not even a little, nothing on my phone to indicate that sport mode has been turned on, NOTHING. I told him, this is the way it came, and he said that if I report a problem with the drone, I should report a problem.*PLEASE HELP ME.

When you start the DJI go 4 for the first time it puts you in biginner mode , just turn it off and your go to go. It’s located under the drone basic settings.

Good luck, go fly!
2019-1-29
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

You need to read the manual.
2019-1-30
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

I recall seeing something around 70kmh just with sport++ and without changed angle of attack.
2019-1-30
Use props
fans64b97076
lvl.1
United States

Dear DJI,
       So, I ran into Another big, big problem today. So I was coming in to land my drone this evening, slowly going forward (around 3-5mph), when out of nowhere the drone jolts to a speed of almost 15MPH. I tried to stop it, throttling it backwards, but nothing happened. After that, it flew right Into A Bush. The propellers kept going even after I pushed the button to make stop. STILL did Nothing. And yes, I know that I can just replace the propellers, BUT What Am I Supposed To Do About The Half Broken (Glitchy) Remote Controller. I believe that this is a mistake or problem. But it should've been resolved sooner. Please Help me help this Serious Issue!!! The photos below show what was left of the drone's propellers after the crash. There is something wrong with the remote. The drone itself was TOTALLY OKAY...until now. What's not fine AT ALL is the remote controller. I love DJI Drones, and DJI in general, but this is unacceptable, and I'm not getting my money's worth of it.
2019-1-30
Use props
fans64b97076
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_8et0wrYn8VcO Posted at 1-29 16:05
When you start the DJI go 4 for the first time it puts you in biginner mode , just turn it off and your go to go. It’s located under the drone basic settings.

Good luck, go fly!

But I don't have the beginner mode on. I turned that off like a month ago. Because I got used to it quickly. The button on the controller that slides that says SPORT> Doesn't work. The slider doesn't work. Whenever I slide it to the right, which is to turn on the sport mode on the Spark Controller, it just seems like the remote doesn't even know it has it.  
The SPORT MODE Slider is lose and doesn't click when you move it left (off) or right (on). I don't even know what to do. Can u please help me.
2019-1-30
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

fans64b97076 Posted at 1-30 18:23
But I don't have the beginner mode on. I turned that off like a month ago. Because I got used to it quickly. The button on the controller that slides that says SPORT> Doesn't work. The slider doesn't work. Whenever I slide it to the right, which is to turn on the sport mode on the Spark Controller, it just seems like the remote doesn't even know it has it.  
The SPORT MODE Slider is lose and doesn't click when you move it left (off) or right (on). I don't even know what to do. Can u please help me.

Are you using the otg cable or are you connected to WiFi from your phone or tablet ?
2019-1-30
Use props
fans64b97076
lvl.1
United States

stuka75 Posted at 1-30 05:05
You need to read the manual.

I did read the manual. Nothing was in there about my problem. About how to fix sport mode if not responding.
2019-1-31
Use props
TonyTheGreek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 551831 ft
Greece

i personally believe tha sport mode is not for filming, spark is only for gps mode or tripod. sport mode is only for fun!
2019-2-1
Use props
fans64b97076
lvl.1
United States

TonyTheGreek Posted at 2-1 00:52
i personally believe tha sport mode is not for filming, spark is only for gps mode or tripod. sport mode is only for fun!

Yes I understand that but wouldn't you like to have a drone that is 400+ $ and have everything working, or have the same drone, Same price, but you miss out on the fun part too. I hate that. I have read that manaul and not one thing in there says how to fix your sport mode if not working properly. The only thing a found about the sport mode in the manual is how to activate it. The worst part is, is that my remote doesn't even realize that it has a sport mode.
When I slide the sport mode on, it doesn't beep like all the rest of the buttons. So is it supposed to beep when sport mode is turned ON and OFF?
2019-3-22
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

fans64b97076 Posted at 3-22 16:01
Yes I understand that but wouldn't you like to have a drone that is 400+ $ and have everything working, or have the same drone, Same price, but you miss out on the fun part too. I hate that. I have read that manaul and not one thing in there says how to fix your sport mode if not working properly. The only thing a found about the sport mode in the manual is how to activate it. The worst part is, is that my remote doesn't even realize that it has a sport mode.
When I slide the sport mode on, it doesn't beep like all the rest of the buttons. So is it supposed to beep when sport mode is turned ON and OFF?
No beeps, but top line in app changes from P-GPS to SPORT
2019-3-23
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

It should beep when changing to sports mode.  If it doesn’t beep then it broke.  
2019-3-26
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

It is in M/S , so if you put this line(bold) #Sport+
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_tilt_atti_range = 45 (35 stock) *no change, so leave at stock
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_up= 10
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_down = -6
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_acc_up =10
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_acc_down = -6
g_config_fw_cfg_max_speed = 20
brake_sensitive_gain = 150

20 m/s is 72 km/h

2019-3-26
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

And
#RTH Speed increase
g_config_go_home_gohome_idle_vel = 13

Return to home speed is 46.8 (max speed with avoidance on) TO FIGHT AGAINST THE WIND IN RTH

2019-3-26
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

fans64b97076 Posted at 1-30 16:45
...BUT What Am I Supposed To Do About The Half Broken (Glitchy) Remote Controller. I believe that this is a mistake or problem. But it should've been resolved sooner... What's not fine AT ALL is the remote controller.

Hi there,

You are flying your drone with a remote you know it's flaky? Really?
Have that R/C repaired or get a new remote.
For the sport mode not doing what you expect: reset your Spark to factory defaults. Maybe somebody has tinkered with the parameters. By resetting it, you'll get the stock behaviour back. There are videos how to reset a Spark to default.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules