Firmware update
1179 9 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

I bought my MA last July.  I haven't had any problems flying my MA.  I haven't updated the firmware or the app for at least 4-5 months because of all of the problems I have read in this forum that people were having.  My question is can I update everything now or are people still having issues.
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Actually, that's fine not to upgrade the firmware as long as you didn't encounter any issue with your current frimware version. However, we always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright. That depends on you.  Thanks for your support.
2019-1-20
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-20 16:42
Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Actually, that's fine not to upgrade the firmware as long as you didn't encounter any issue with your current frimware version. However, we always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright. That depends on you.Thanks for your support.

This is not the response I would have expected.  Good to see though.
2019-1-20
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I always update n so far haven't had any trouble
2019-1-20
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Updated twice in last two months, all but one issue cleared up, the support agent Donna helped me with the one problem, and solved it, thanks Donna
2019-1-20
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

I always updated and upon DJI Diana's suggestion always recalibrated the compass and installed DJI Go 4  from scratch. After recalibration all of my former problem went away (camera tilt button moved MA left/right ..400 and .500)
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-20 17:13

Hello, if you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. Enjoy and always have a safe flight!
2019-1-23
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-20 17:13

That normally would not be the response with any other model, but with the MA, they seriously have no clue whether or not upgrading will mess up your particular A/C.  To be honest, upgrading the MA is a crap-shoot.  I wouldn't mess with it if it's working well for you.
2019-1-23
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-23 07:10
Hello, if you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. Enjoy and always have a safe flight!

Thanks!  I do have a question for you that is probably good for here since everyone would want to know:

Will there be another firmware update in the near future for the Mavic Air?
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-23 16:28
Thanks!  I do have a question for you that is probably good for here since everyone would want to know:

Will there be another firmware update in the near future for the Mavic Air?

You're welcome, thanks for your prompt reply. As of the moment, we don't have any information yet as to when is the next firmware release or if we will be releasing a new firmware for your drone. We will give you an update here in forum or you can check our official website https://www.dji.com/ for future updates. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules