Lost drone, need logs
1800 9 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshecf
New
New Zealand

Due to a series of stupid decisions I had my Mavic Pro taken by the wind and lost. I had my phone attached to the controler but it ran out of battery (I know, stupid of me) so I just had an aproximate last location.

What I am wondering is if the controler logs the gps location of the drone since it was still connected to the drone for a longer amount of time. I could even see on the controllers screen that the drone was landing due to running out of battery after my phone died. So if the controller does save that info then there is still a chance that I can find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated of course.
2019-1-20
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The remote controller logs data in a DAT file on your mobile device. No data is logged when the mobile device is not running.
2019-1-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that mate
2019-1-21
Use props
spandit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

I presume you've had a good look around as to where it might be. Hopefully it's landed safely somewhere with minimal damage and you can retrieve it. Your phone might have logged a flight path before it died that you can extrapolate to narrow the search area...
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day joshecf. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Pro. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Since this issue happened please contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-1-21
Use props
DPOV
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gotta say, man I appreciate your honesty. I appreciate you owning up to your error instead blaming the drone as some tend to do. I also do the same when it's clearly my fault - I own it and will say my dumb pilot error. That's what makes me a better pilot.  Experience is learning from mistakes.
2019-1-21
Use props
joshecf
New
New Zealand

msinger Posted at 1-21 04:11
The remote controller logs data in a DAT file on your mobile device. No data is logged when the mobile device is not running.

Yeah, that is what I have learned now.
2019-1-21
Use props
joshecf
New
New Zealand

DPOV Posted at 1-21 13:55
Gotta say, man I appreciate your honesty. I appreciate you owning up to your error instead blaming the drone as many tend to do. I also do the same when it's clearly my fault - I own it and will say my dumb pilot error. That's what makes me a better pilot.  Experience is learning from mistakes.

I got no one to blame but myself. The wind was what took it away and wouldn't let it return home but the fact that my phone died was the death blow.
2019-1-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

joshecf Posted at 1-21 15:28
I got no one to blame but myself. The wind was what took it away and wouldn't let it return home but the fact that my phone died was the death blow.

That’s sad, but we all learn the most from our mistakes, it’s just a pity it cost you so much.
2019-1-21
Use props
DPOV
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

joshecf Posted at 1-21 15:28
I got no one to blame but myself. The wind was what took it away and wouldn't let it return home but the fact that my phone died was the death blow.

I remember a time where I pushed the limit on my original MP costing me because I crashed it into a fence. I sent it into a drone repair shop (not dji) in CA and got it back and was flying within 3 days but of course I had to pay about $150 but the MP was as good as new.

Totally my dumb mistake. I was testing the limit and paid a price.
2019-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules