What would you buy?
1034 10 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Benji
lvl.2
Australia

Hey everyone,

I’m tossing up between a Phantom 3 advanced from gumtree(similar to eBay) for $475aud or a refurbished spark with controller from DJI for $479aud.
Both drones come as is with no extras and the phantom from what I can tell looks good and can take it for a test fly..
I currently have a mavic pro.

What are everyone’s thoughts on these?

Thanks
2019-1-21
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Why do you need one of these other drones? What, if anything, can they do for you that the Mavic cannot. Both are excellent aircraft. The Spark is great for a fun fly but the Phantom is primarily used for photography and not fun. I cannot see any advantage in parting with your money. Maybe for a Phantom 4 Pro which I believe is a brilliant aircraft, but once again may not offer any significant benefits to you.
2019-1-21
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 674137 ft
United States

I would have to agree with embayweather to me the which drone question is hard to answer without the why? Why not hold on the purchase to buy the Mavic Pro 2 since you already have a mavic? What are you trying to do that the Mavic pro doesn't do?
2019-1-21
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 674137 ft
United States

embayweather Posted at 1-21 04:28
Why do you need one of these other drones? What, if anything, can they do for you that the Mavic cannot. Both are excellent aircraft. The Spark is great for a fun fly but the Phantom is primarily used for photography and not fun. I cannot see any advantage in parting with your money. Maybe for a Phantom 4 Pro which I believe is a brilliant aircraft, but once again may not offer any significant benefits to you.

I have to agree the Phantom 4 Pro (v2 in my case)...is brilliant for photography and video.
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation between these two drones. We would recommend purchasing the drone on our authorized reseller for genuine DJI products. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-1-21
Use props
Spacetrakker
First Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Your best choice will depend on what you want to use the drone for.  Only then can meaningful recommendations be made
Cheers
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Benji
lvl.2
Australia

Great comments, I’m after something cheaper then the Mavics that can stay in the car and just throw it up and see what’s out there if I haven’t got my mavic with me
2019-1-22
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Benji Posted at 1-22 01:24
Great comments, I’m after something cheaper then the Mavics that can stay in the car and just throw it up and see what’s out there if I haven’t got my mavic with me

In that case the Spark is your choice. Small enough to keep in the car, and easy enough to get aloft. Flying is so easy to , and sport mode is for those times when you simply want to mess about in the sky (safely of course).
2019-1-22
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

Get a TELLO Drone

TELLO Specs

2019-1-22
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I agree with all of the other comments. I understand you not wanting to spend as much as the Mavic, but you will certainly miss the smaller size if you get the Advanced. I have several of the Advanced aircraft and  haven't made the decision to upgrade to the Mavic yet. The only plus for me to do that would be portability, which I'm ok with what I have. My Advanced also takes great footage as far as I'm concerned, and your Mavic is probably a step up from that.
If both come with no extras, I would consider if you were to purchase anything different, you really would need an extra battery or two at least, and probably a case if you bought the Advanced, to pack it around in. The Spark you could put in a back pack or whatever, but the Advanced will be different than you Mavic to haul around.
I don't think buying either aircraft mentioned is going to do much for you over your Mavic. Just my opinion. If you itching to spend some money, maybe buy so more accessories for what you have, unless you are already maxed out.
You have a nice problem...……...wanting to spend money and can't decide what to buy! Have fun deciding!
2019-1-22
Use props
briansagess
lvl.1

United States

DJI Benji business web page forum.

I would definitely choose Spark as I have one and it's just great. However, it's exactly like someone already mentioned - mostly for fun. It depends on what exactly you will do with it.
2019-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules