Drone flew away
1681 23 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb3cc37d4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My spark on my second flight just flew away, my first flight was perfect it returned to home within a few inches, then my second flight it said move away from area for the compass interference so I flew away, my drone was always in my sight so I was watching it more than the controller screen and notice in my flight log it said iMU heading error restart aircraft but I didn’t  see that message because when I looked down it must have gone and just said about the compass interference again so I flew it away a bit further still in sight and pressed the return home button, as it returned home it flashed up loads of errors that fast I could barely read them then it went into ATTI mode and I flew up a bit higher then went to go forward back to where I was only about 100m away and the controller disconnected and it just flew away, spent a very long time looking for it but it must have went miles away, what the hell happened the first time I fly it and it does this?? Am I entitled to get a replacemEnt, I bought this drone because it was best for beginners
2019-1-21
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

can you upload your flight record ?
2019-1-21
Use props
fansb3cc37d4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Proteous Posted at 1-21 06:09
can you upload your flight record ?

How do you do that please
2019-1-21
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansb3cc37d4 Posted at 1-21 06:26
How do you do that please

Hi

sorry for your loss! at your second flight! &!^#&!^$#&!^feeling

use this for uploading your log and post the link on here.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know what happend to your previous flight with your DJI Spark. Since this issue happend. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further with this matter. Thank you.

2019-1-21
Use props
fansb3cc37d4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I don’t have a laptop for iTunes I just use my phone, I can give you my dji go login details and you could look at it there?
2019-1-21
Use props
fansb3cc37d4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-21 07:31
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know what happend to your previous flight with your DJI Spark. Since this issue happend. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further with this matter. Thank you.

[view_image]

I will contact them when I’m home from work thanks, what happens in these situations is it covered under warranty?
2019-1-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb3cc37d4 Posted at 1-21 07:34
I don’t have a laptop for iTunes I just use my phone, I can give you my dji go login details and you could look at it there?

You'll need to post your log here if you want members of this forum to review your flight, answer your questions, and maybe even track down your lost Spark. If it's important to you, I trust you can find someone who has a computer to help. If that's not possible, perhaps your local Apple/phone store will help you retrieve the file.
2019-1-21
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansb3cc37d4 Posted at 1-21 07:34

Is it possible to put the flightlog using your phone to the cloud somewhere ?? and share it via link ?

2019-1-21
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

What is the spot where did you fly? Is it an open aria without any huge metal or concrete objects or is it in the city?
2019-1-21
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Sorry for your loss, I know exactly how you feel, I also lost my first Spark
For the future, when you get a compass error, then LAND IMMEDIATELY, do not continue flying.

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-21
Use props
fansb3cc37d4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I will get a laptop sorted and upload it here, is the spark waterproof  because it’s been heavy rain today?? I’m so Annoyed it just disappeared
2019-1-21
Use props
fansb3cc37d4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 1-21 10:40
Sorry for your loss, I know exactly how you feel, I also lost my first Spark
For the future, when you get a compass error, then LAND IMMEDIATELY, do not continue flying.

I thought I just had to fly away when a compass error came up, in the flight log it shows a lot of  warnings coming up about the iMU but I didn’t see them it was just the compass interference I saw so I flew away a bit and it was fine, my first flight was nearly identical and everything went perfect it arrived home within an inch of take off point
2019-1-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansb3cc37d4 Posted at 1-21 10:45
I will get a laptop sorted and upload it here, is the spark waterproof  because it’s been heavy rain today?? I’m so Annoyed it just disappeared

It's not waterproof, but it'll likely be just fine if you let it dry out before attempting to power it on.
2019-1-21
Use props
fansa7e9bf2b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Our DJI Spark did almost the exact same thing and flew off too. We have been looking for it all day without success. I have  emailed DJI support to see where we go from here. Not exactly a great advert for the DJI Spark!
2019-1-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

@fansa7e9bf2b, if you start a new thread and post your TXT flight log, we can help you track it down.
2019-1-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that mate
2019-1-22
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that buddy
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansb3cc37d4 Posted at 1-21 07:36
I will contact them when I’m home from work thanks, what happens in these situations is it covered under warranty?

Alright, kindly provide your serial number via PM so that I can check the warranty of your drone. Please take note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-23 15:30
Alright, kindly provide your serial number via PM so that I can check the warranty of your drone. Please take note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period. Thanks for your support.

can you also check the warranty tenure for my drone.
2019-1-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-23 15:30
can you also check the warranty period for my drone.
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

S.J Posted at 1-24 12:41
can you also check the warranty period for my drone.

Sure, please provide your serial number via PM, thanks!
2019-1-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-24 13:02
Sure, please provide your serial number via PM, thanks!

Attached the s/no.
15485055207174178996781057453277.jpg
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

S.J Posted at 1-26 04:26
Attached the s/no.

My apologies for the late response. For security reasons, I provided the details that you need via PM. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support.
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules