New spark
1705 17 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansce81b7e5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202566 ft
United States

does anyone know if they are coming out with a new spark in the coming months? Thanks
2019-1-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nothing has been leaked yet. If one was on its way soon, something most likely would have been leaked by now.
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information regarding this inquiry. For the latest news and update on DJI. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for further details. Thank you.
2019-1-21
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Doubt it, as the current Spark is still selling like hot cakes!

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-21
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Once the regulation is so restrictive that the sales drop a lot, then they will have no choice then to make a spark that is less than 250 g.  Already here in Canada with the new regulations coming out and the minimum age at 14 year old, that will probably cut off many sales. Maybe in 2 or 3 years? I am pretty sure they are planning for this.
2019-1-21
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

I'm pretty sure that they have been working on one as the spark probably did really good for them and it is a good intro drone.
2019-1-21
Use props
drone_lover
lvl.2
Canada

all of us waiting for Spark 2 under 250 grams
2019-1-21
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

They should make the ryze tello with a gimbal camera instead.
2019-1-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Daniella3d Posted at 1-21 12:10
Once the regulation is so restrictive that the sales drop a lot, then they will have no choice then to make a spark that is less than 250 g.  Already here in Canada with the new regulations coming out and the minimum age at 14 year old, that will probably cut off many sales. Maybe in 2 or 3 years? I am pretty sure they are planning for this.

but it is not just about the 250g, many countries are also looking for cam on board, Yes/No
So why build a 250g Spark, but b/c of the cam it is for most/many locations the same, like now?
And in my opinion, there is no need for a "no-cam-quad".
It is not like a model aircraft, whch people fly for the fun, just watching it fly
2019-1-21
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

S-e-ven Posted at 1-21 21:28
but it is not just about the 250g, many countries are also looking for cam on board, Yes/No
So why build a 250g Spark, but b/c of the cam it is for most/many locations the same, like now?
I have to add that lightening is indeed a bad idea for stabilasation. Even now with 300 g it can't fight that amount of wind that Mavic Air can. I live near the sea and wind is an everyday situation especially on the height above 200 metres. They don't need to do Spark lighter. Let's they do another one drone that satisfies the requirements of the most restricted low.
In the new Spark we need RAW foto, 4k, 60 fps video and PoI mode like Mavic Air has.
2019-1-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-21 22:19
I have to add that lightening is indeed a bad idea for stabilasation. Even now with 300 g it can't fight that amount of wind that Mavic Air can. I live near the sea and wind is an everyday situation especially on the height above 200 metres. They don't need to do Spark lighter. Let's they do another one drone that satisfies the requirements of the most restricted low.
In the new Spark we need RAW foto, 4k, 60 fps video and PoI mode like Mavic Air has.

And this:

"In the new Spark we need RAW foto, 4k, 60 fps video and PoI mode like Mavic Air has."

We got one year ago, with the Spark 2 which was called Mavic Air! ;-]
2019-1-22
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

I guess Phantom 5 is next, than probably Spark 2, than Air 2, than Mavic 3 and finally Osmo 360.... Very speculative plan for 2019 at DJI.
2019-1-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

No ones know
2019-1-22
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

No news for now
2019-1-22
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

If they were planning of releasing a new one it would be on the website.
2019-1-22
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 1-21 21:28
but it is not just about the 250g, many countries are also looking for cam on board, Yes/No

Because in my country and many other countries, it is all about weight. The camera is not a factor. If it is a factor in your country, then why is it not permitted to fly without using the camera?
2019-1-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Daniella3d Posted at 1-22 18:50
Because in my country and many other countries, it is all about weight. The camera is not a factor. If it is a factor in your country, then why is it not permitted to fly without using the camera?

It is not b/c of the flying, why you have to register.
It is the drone, that has or has no cam!
But I bet, as soon a manufacturer is offering a 250 or 200g drone, with long range and minimum a FHD Cam with a working gimbal solution, the law gets adopted quickly! In many countries!

2019-1-23
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 1-23 03:35
It is not b/c of the flying, why you have to register.
It is the drone, that has or has no cam!
But I bet, as soon a manufacturer is offering a 250 or 200g drone, with long range and minimum a FHD Cam with a working gimbal solution, the law gets adopted quickly! In many countries!

I doubt it because what determined the weight limit is not about camera but about weight and its impact in a person in case of a crash. The amount of damage a 250g object can inflict. Here in Canada it does not matter if a drone has a camera or not. I doubt they would change the law here because many drones under 250g do have a camera and are not regulated.
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules