Propeller Life
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark davies
lvl.1
Flight distance : 353589 ft
United Kingdom

Do DJI have a recommended max number of flying hours for props on the Phantom 3PRO? I can't see anything in their literature. Need this for my Ops manual for PFCO in UK.
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day mark davies. Thank you for the inquiry. We recommend that they are changed after 150 - 200 flights and always check my props before every single flight as well. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI_112
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79606 ft

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-21 09:32
Hello and good day mark davies. Thank you for the inquiry. We recommend that they are changed after 150 - 200 flights and always check my props before every single flight as well. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.

Ineresting answer.
Last year I sent same question by email to DJI customer support Germany.
Short version of DJI answer: No recommendation from DJI. Do sight controls of the props.
2019-1-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

A careful flyer should be able to use same props literally for years.

Its not flight that damages or limits their life - its the silly things we do with the models and props getting clipped / chipped / dinged.

Nigel
2019-1-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just stay out of the trees and avoid flip overs  on the ground and you'll be surprised how long they'll last.
2019-1-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Need this for my Ops manual for PFCO in UK.

With this requirement and to be honest genuine DJI props are not expensive. It may be an idea to just set a time frame and check conditions yourself that seem reasonable.

DJI Stephen says 150 - 200 flights ...  see how that works out ... Lets say average owner flies 2 - 3x a week. That's about 60 - 100weeks ...  1 - 2 years.

Therefore would it be reasonable to say Flight limit of 150 ? With every flight visual inspection and flex test to confirm props are in good condition with no chips, dings, cracks, scrapes etc. ?

I think suitably worded would be good enough ?

To be honest - I have Rc models with props that have a much harder life and they are years on the 'job' .... my Skymaster biplane is over 40yrs old and has only had a few replacement props in all the time I have had it ... and she noses over / has a 10cc glow engine thumping away turning her. Same material prop : Glass Reinforced Nylon ... or GFN for short.... some call them composite.

Nigel
2019-1-22
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I have a couple Advanced aircraft, and I think the props last as long as you take care of them. If I come in contact with a tree limb, or anything, I change them out. They are not expensive. On the other hand, I have one phantom that I have had the same props on for over a year now. And I fly about as much as anybody. I put the props on and leave them. I for one have a hard case for my phantoms, and I can store the aircraft without taking the props on and off. Which I like. That way you are not wearing the threads out. I closely look at my props before each flight. Sometimes you may hit bugs, debris you are not aware of. But as long as they are not chipped, etc., they stay on. Of course it is nice to change them out if you have some different colors for appearance, but they should last a very long time if taken care of. I don't think it should be a mandatory thing after a certain number of flights or a set time frame.
2019-1-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Totally agree with Ricardo ... my props stay on apart from the rare occasion I use the case.
My spare props are still unused after I forgot how long now !!

My post about setting time frame etc. was more just to suggest a way forward to satisfy his need to complete section in manual.

Nigel
2019-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules