Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My solution to shooting all day.
1272 14 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WayneBru
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344180 ft
  • >>>
United States

I shoot hundreds of 2 minute videos every production day with 8 OSMOs. I need a camera that has a gimbal, a wide angle and can stay powered up all day. Plus a way to power the phone all day.  I thought the Pocket would be a great replacement.

Drawbacks- it weighs almost the same as the OSMO once the batteries are added. The camera does not have as wide an angle as the old OSMO.
This is my solution. Does anyone have a better idea?

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing your awesome rig, very innovative and ingenious. Well done. Cheers!
2019-1-21
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

Awesome set up!   Those Anker batteries, which model is it and does it hold the osmo pocket charged all day?  I have an Anker 26800, it does the job but it's extremely heavy and bulky.  Yours look very convenient.  
2019-1-21
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Quite an interesting rig I must say. Still easy to handle?
2019-1-21
Use props
LionelB
lvl.4

United Kingdom

That is certainly some rig, looks a bit of a handful but guess it does the business for you, nice one.
2019-1-21
Use props
1967geezer
United Kingdom

Not sure if the capacity is enough but you could flip your phone 180° and plug an iWALKdocking charger into it.

http://en.iwalk.net/goods/show/55

2019-1-21
Use props
1967geezer
United Kingdom

They also do one with USB-C that you could plug into the bottom of the OP.

http://en.iwalk.net/goods/show/57

2019-1-21
Use props
WayneBru
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

1967geezer Posted at 1-21 12:28
Not sure if the capacity is enough but you could flip your phone 180° and plug an iWALKdocking charger into it.

http://en.iwalk.net/goods/show/55

I tried that and believe it or not the image is upside down and doesn’t flip back around again  I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that’s the way it is but you let me know if you can get it to work
2019-1-21
Use props
WayneBru
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

1967geezer Posted at 1-21 12:33
They also do one with USB-C that you could plug into the bottom of the OP.

http://en.iwalk.net/goods/show/57

My shooters are tough on gear, I’m always concerned about putting weight on the connector. I bought a 6 inch cable, but it wasn’t long enough. So I’ve ordered a 12 inch to reduce loose cables. You probably didn’t notice, but the batteries are attached to half of a iPhone case. I cut it in half so the phone is flush up against the bracket. Currently they are attached with double sided tape, I’ll replace that with Velcro. Each of my shooters carries a man purse with spare OSMO, Sony light batteries and USB Batteries. When shooting we are very mobile and I don’t want my shooters having to run back to get batteries.
2019-1-21
Use props
WayneBru
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

CasualDronePilot Posted at 1-21 12:06
Quite an interesting rig I must say. Still easy to handle?

It’s similar in weight to the old Osmo set up that I use. Besides that I hire young 20-year-olds and I don’t give a ... if it’s too heavy. Ha!
2019-1-21
Use props
WayneBru
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 1-21 10:59
Awesome set up!   Those Anker batteries, which model is it and does it hold the osmo pocket charged all day?  I have an Anker 26800, it does the job but it's extremely heavy and bulky.  Yours look very convenient.
I believe it’s model A1211. 6700 mA. Each shooter puts two in his man purse and then I carry extras in the mobile cart. Here’s an interesting topic for somebody to post about and that’s how many batteries can you take on a plane. Currently I’m bringing about 75 with me and nobody has ever questioned me. Which is bizarre because these batteries  are cheaply made. I do carry them in LIPO cases.
2019-1-21
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-22
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.3

Hong Kong

where is the cooling fan?