Phantom 4 RTK not supporting Mobile SDK?
4961 32 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RexHK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I tried putting the mobile SDK sample application into the remote control of Phantom 4 RTK bought from a China vendor.

But mobile SDK failed to connect to Phantom 4 RTK, it cannot detect the drone and phone apps like Pix4D, DroneHarmony, they all cannot detect Phantom 4 RTK.

I bought the drone because I saw the Mobile SDK support advertised on the DJI website as shown in the image attachment.

I want to use Mobile SDK with my China bought Phantom 4 RTK, what can I do?

phantom4rtk-mobilesdk-support.png
phantom4rtk-mobilesdk-support-en.png
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi RexHK, Phantom SDK is not supported currently, it will be supported soon, please note the future firmware release notes, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-21
Use props
RexHK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-21 23:51
Hi RexHK, Phantom SDK is not supported currently, it will be supported soon, please note the future firmware release notes, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I upgraded the latest firmware 1.7.0116 for the drone.
In the release note, it says that Phantom 4 RTK SDK Remote is supported and it can work with Mobile SDK 4.9.
I just tested and it does not work

After I deployed the app onto the remote the app pops up and showed SDK Register Success.
Then:
It always show Status: No Product Connected

I am using Mobile SDK 4.9 and my Phantom 4 RTK is Chinese version, both remote and drone are using 01.07.0116 firmware.

I am using Android Studio 3.3

It is so frustrating that I have bought the drone for 4 months and no development can be done using it. DJI, such a big international company made false claims on their website and release notes twice, saying that the Phantom 4 RTK supports Mobile SDK, this is very bad.

Attached is the release notes:

2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RexHK Posted at 2-8 03:46
I upgraded the latest firmware 1.7.0116 for the drone.
In the release note, it says that Phantom 4 RTK SDK Remote is supported and it can work with Mobile SDK 4.9.
I just tested and it does not work

Hi Rex, the firmware v01.07.0116 added support for the remote controller without a built-in display for use with Mobile SDK apps, but the remote controller that supports Mobile SDK still hasn't been released, our engineers are still working on it, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2019-2-9
Use props
RexHK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-9 19:02
Hi Rex, the firmware v01.07.0116 added support for the remote controller without a built-in display for use with Mobile SDK apps, but the remote controller that supports Mobile SDK still hasn't been released, our engineers are still working on it, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your response.

If I did not misunderstand,  there should be a remote. controller that do not have an LCD, which can support connecting (binding)  to a Phantom 4 RTK Drone.

If this is true,  can you tell me what is the exact model and how can I buy it?
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RexHK Posted at 2-10 01:28
Thank you for your response.

If I did not misunderstand,  there should be a remote. controller that do not have an LCD, which can support connecting (binding)  to a Phantom 4 RTK Drone.

That is correct, the remote controller without a built-in display still hasn't been released, please note our website of the future update, thank you.
2019-2-10
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3
Switzerland

Is there any news on that? We need to fly with our own app urgently and need to be able to connect the SDK with the P4 RTK.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansaf92726b Posted at 2-18 04:48
Is there any news on that? We need to fly with our own app urgently and need to be able to connect the SDK with the P4 RTK.

Hi there, we do not have the release date info at the moment, please pay attention to our website of the future update, thank you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-2-18
Use props
RexHK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-18 18:51
Hi there, we do not have the release date info at the moment, please pay attention to our website of the future update, thank you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Someone replied in Github saying that he can connect, but I totally don't know why he can...

https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues/394#issuecomment-465855738
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RexHK Posted at 2-21 17:52
Someone replied in Github saying that he can connect, but I totally don't know why he can...

https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues/394#issuecomment-465855738

I will verify with our engineers and come back to you soon, please wait a moment, thank you.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi RexHK, I have verified with our engineers that the remote controller without a built-in display still hasn't been released, we still have to wait, sorry for the trouble caused.
2019-2-24
Use props
RexHK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-24 19:05
Hi RexHK, I have verified with our engineers that the remote controller without a built-in display still hasn't been released, we still have to wait, sorry for the trouble caused.

Thank you, please keep us posted here when the SDK for "with screen" version is available or if the no screen version remote is available.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RexHK Posted at 3-4 21:57
Thank you, please keep us posted here when the SDK for "with screen" version is available or if the no screen version remote is available.

Sure, we will keep you updated.
2019-3-4
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3
Switzerland

Is there any news about this issue? We're still in great need for the SDK to work with the P4RTK...
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansaf92726b Posted at 4-5 00:56
Is there any news about this issue? We're still in great need for the SDK to work with the P4RTK...

Hi there, we are still working on it, I will keep you updated once there is any update, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-4-6
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3
Switzerland

Do you have any information about how long this will take? Are we talking weeks or months? Parts of our business depend on it and yet on the product site https://www.dji.com/ch/phantom-4-rtk it still says:

Mobile SDK Supported
The Phantom 4 RTK is compatible with the DJI Mobile SDK, opening up its functions to automation
and customization through a mobile device.
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansaf92726b Posted at 4-9 00:52
Do you have any information about how long this will take? Are we talking weeks or months? Parts of our business depend on it and yet on the product site https://www.dji.com/ch/phantom-4-rtk it still says:

Mobile SDK Supported

We have added support for the remote controller without a built-in display for use with Mobile SDK apps in v01.07.0118, but the remote controller without a built-in display still hasn't been released, we don't the ETA at the moment, please note our online store of the future update, thanks for your patience.
2019-4-10
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3
Switzerland

Ok thanks for the information. You adding support for it means that it should be in it's final production stages, we really hope it's just a few more weeks and not too long.
Will the RC be available in the Shop? Because I can't see ANY P4RTK products in your shop...
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansaf92726b Posted at 4-17 05:59
Ok thanks for the information. You adding support for it means that it should be in it's final production stages, we really hope it's just a few more weeks and not too long.
Will the RC be available in the Shop? Because I can't see ANY P4RTK products in your shop...

The enterprise series drone is available for order through official DJI Dealers, it is not for sale in our online store, once it is released, I will also keep you updated, appreciate your patience.
2019-4-17
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3
Switzerland

It's been 1 more month, 6 months in total now where we can't fly the Phantom 4 RTK with the SDK or anything other than the DJI app... Any updates about the progress on the RC?
2019-5-15
Use props
NIKUSHA
lvl.2

Georgia

Dji have posted on LinkedIn:

Introducing the new SDK Remote Controller for Phantom 4 RTK Pilots.
Leverage DJI Mobile SDK enabled-apps for surveying missions and more.
2019-5-30
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3
Switzerland

So since the post it's been 3 more weeks, we've already ordered the RC over 2 weeks ago from our local reseller but they still don't have the RC in stock.
2019-6-21
Use props
sputnik7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

fansaf92726b Posted at 6-21 00:52
So since the post it's been 3 more weeks, we've already ordered the RC over 2 weeks ago from our local reseller but they still don't have the RC in stock.

So good news guys,I purchased the Phantom 4 RTK SDK controller yesterday from a DJI pro dealer! Very excited to be able to use my RTK with 3rd party apps.

However I cant get to link it to the drone. When i try to link it using the DJI Go 4 app it says the drone is not supported. How can i link the drone to the new SDK controller ?

I have also tried DJI GS Pro but with no luck as it has no option to link the controller to the drone.

any help would really be appreciated here !
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_GT9KU60m7veB
New

Chile

sputnik7 Posted at 7-23 13:11
So good news guys,I purchased the Phantom 4 RTK SDK controller yesterday from a DJI pro dealer! Very excited to be able to use my RTK with 3rd party apps.

However I cant get to link it to the drone. When i try to link it using the DJI Go 4 app it says the drone is not supported. How can i link the drone to the new SDK controller ?

I'm also having this problem. I tried to link it using the hardware method and still no luck.
Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
2019-7-24
Use props
sputnik7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

yes help please! how do I use the RTK SDK controller ? without linking it i cant do anything....
2019-7-25
Use props
sputnik7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

help help help help !!! i would love to figure out how to use my smart RTK SDK controller !!! I really need it !!!
2019-8-9
Use props
sputnik7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

help help help DJI !!! how do i use the new SDK controller ??? there is no documentation on it anywhere ?
2019-8-22
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3

We also weren't still able to connect the controller to the drone in any way... Downloaded the DJI Pilot app to connect, tried with the hardware connect method, all without any luck.
2019-9-2
Use props
sputnik7
lvl.2
  • >>>

yes i have upgraded to the latest firmwares - the drone and the controller - and am still unable to link the controller to the drone
2019-10-11
Use props
djiuser_xlnhtoXTl1Wr
New

United States

Can anyone tell me that the remote controller can connected normally now?
2020-2-29
Use props
sputnik7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

So is that the end of the DJI RTK SDK Controller I paid 700 euros for ? no app savailable for it yet and none coming ?
2020-3-2
Use props
fans623cd3e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1810489 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased the Phantom 4 RTK SDK package and have not been able to connect to Pilot. I have been able to connect to GSPro with limited functions. I’ve been getter the error codes 102 and 8012. I’m using the latest firmware. I have an encoder error as well but I believe that’s because I need to format the micro SD that came with the aircraft. I’m looking for some updates on what apps may work? Is this just because this is such a new release that nothing seems to work yet? The original RTK remote was garbage so that’s why I opted for the SDK. But it seems to have problems of its own. What are you guys doing with this setup?? Waiting or returning it?
2020-5-30
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3
Switzerland

We're also still unable to link the RC to the drone.... And it's been 2 YEARS!!
2020-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules