2982 13 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very excited about my latest article in the Jan/Feb 2019 issue of Rotor Drone magazine.  As DJI droners we are a part of the majority of safe pilots enjoying our hobby/work.  My article covers some of the C-UAS tech out there for those rogues not playing by the rules.  Check it out and let me know what you think!  Thanks!

Rotor Drone Jan/Feb 2019

Rotor Drone Jan/Feb 2019
2019-1-21
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

And where is the link to the actual article so we can check? Scan should be fine too for those not able to obtain the magazine.... Many thanks in advance.
2019-1-22
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 1-22 11:33
And where is the link to the actual article so we can check? Scan should be fine too for those not able to obtain the magazine.... Many thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, I can not link the article while it is still on newsstands.  I'll see what I can provide after the issue has finished it's run.  Thanks!
2019-1-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thats was cool! Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-26
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 1-26 19:29
Thats was cool! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!
2019-1-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

You're welcome!
2019-1-28
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is the link to the article online.  Let me know what you all think!  www.rotordronemag.com/rogue-dron ... wn-outlaw-aircraft/
2019-1-31
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 1-22 11:33

http://www.rotordronemag.com/rog ... wn-outlaw-aircraft/

Hope you enjoy it!
2019-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

VigilanteDrones Posted at 2-1 13:16
http://www.rotordronemag.com/rogue-drones-counter-uas-systems-take-down-outlaw-aircraft/

Hope you enjoy it!

Oh, thank you, Sir! I am pleasantly surprised you didn't forget us who can't get magazine (easily)!
2019-2-1
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-1 14:59
Oh, thank you, Sir! I am pleasantly surprised you didn't forget us who can't get magazine (easily)!

Thank you for your interest in my story!  Take care and keep in touch!
2019-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

VigilanteDrones Posted at 2-1 13:16
http://www.rotordronemag.com/rogue-drones-counter-uas-systems-take-down-outlaw-aircraft/

Hope you enjoy it!

Just read the article and I think you are missing maybe the most advanced counter-UAS system - Mesmer. All others are mostly based on jamming and/or kinetic while Mesmer, produced by Department 13 takes control over the drone and starting from there, there is a plenty of options.... from sending it home to land it in controlled manner immediately or sending it to a safe position for landing. Department 13 is best known by one of its employees Kevin Finisterre who trashed a lot of DJI security hardly... from AWS buckets to firmware of pretty much any DJI produced drone. He was granted 30k USD in rewards by DJI bounty program but he flatly refused it like a boss.

You also forgot DJIs own product - Aeroscope: https://www.dji.com/hr/aeroscope
With that said, DJI is the only UAV and at the same time counter-UAV producer in the world, which is a bit awkward position.
2019-2-1
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-1 15:22
Just read the article and I think you are missing maybe the most advanced counter-UAS system - Mesmer. All others are mostly based on jamming and/or kinetic while Mesmer, produced by Department 13 takes control over the drone and starting from there, there is a plenty of options.... from sending it home to land it in controlled manner immediately or sending it to a safe position for landing. Department 13 is best known by one of its employees Kevin Finisterre who trashed a lot of DJI security hardly... from AWS buckets to firmware of pretty much any DJI produced drone. He was granted 30k USD in rewards by DJI bounty program but he flatly refused it like a boss.

You also forgot DJIs own product - Aeroscope: https://www.dji.com/hr/aeroscope

Thank you for the feedback!

A few of the C-UAS products I mentioned perform the same function of taking control of the drone.  Battelle, for instance, allows this.  Many of the people I spoke with for the article expressed the importance of recovering the drone.  The forensic information gained from having the actual units is even more important than stopping it.  

Thanks again for the feedback.  It will be interesting to see how this space evolves.
2019-2-1
Use props
thethinker
New

Germany

Good article. But the fight against drones remind me those fights with computer viruses. Those who invented antiviruses, firstly invented viruses. The same is with drones. Why we create enemies for ourselves
2019-3-28
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thethinker Posted at 3-28 01:10
Good article. But the fight against drones remind me those fights with computer viruses. Those who invented antiviruses, firstly invented viruses. The same is with drones. Why we create enemies for ourselves

Thank you for your feedback on the article.  I too am amazed at how we seem to take good technology and make it very complicated for reason we invent ourselves.  Hopefully, we can find a way as people to benefit from technology without ruining it for everyone.  Thanks again!
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules