Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SPARK RC WONT CONNECT TO ANYTHING
796 13 2019-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brooks4sythe
lvl.1
United States

So,
I bought a spark on black friday. Since, i have attempted to use it 3 times(trying to get video)... not once have i been able to connect the controller to my phone. At first i thought it was because i was using android (all the reviews said connection was an issue with android devices). So i switched to an iphone... still i cannot connect the rc to my phone. I have re-set the wifi on the rc, didnt work. I've tried using the QR code and also manually connecting through the wifi settings.... im to the point where im ready to take this thing to the pawn shop and be done with it.
2019-1-22
Use props
brooks4sythe
lvl.1
United States

also tried putting the phone into "airplane mode"... also did not help
2019-1-22
Use props
brooks4sythe
lvl.1
United States

also bought an otg cable... wouldn't connect through that either....
2019-1-22
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

Download DJI Assistant 2 connect drone and update
2019-1-22
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Update both, spark and remote controller. I use an Android device without problems. Good luck.
2019-1-22
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you get the combo with the Remote or just the Spark? If you got the combo, the remote should be paired to the drone already. I assume you were able to activate (I ask because you mentioned the QR code) the drone? I don't think the QR code has anything to do with getting the remote and phone connected.  You are asking about the connection, not the activation? There are MANY DJI  tutorials and You tube videos about both the activation and remote pairing/connecting. The activation seems to be a bit "sketchy" with the Spark so there are some options out there to do that first if the QR code is not working. Forget the OTG until you get it activated and the remote connection sorted out

2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize if you experience uneasiness with our DJI Product. I would like to ask if the remote controller will still connect to your aircraft? May we know if the phone will still locate the wi-fi of your RC? Did you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft and RC? Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-22
Use props
brooks4sythe
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-22 08:52
Hi, we do apologize if you experience uneasiness with our DJI Product. I would like to ask if the remote controller will still connect to your aircraft? May we know if the phone will still locate the wi-fi of your RC? Did you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft and RC? Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for the support.

i was able to connect it the first day to activate it. after the firmware update it performed upon activation i have had this issue. The rc DOES connect to the drone... and it does also show the RC wifi network on my phone. But as i stated it does not connect.
2019-1-22
Use props
brooks4sythe
lvl.1
United States

ssylca44 Posted at 1-22 05:40
Update both, spark and remote controller. I use an Android device without problems. Good luck.

updating the the controller requires that i be able to connect my phone to the controler. seeing as how that is the issue im trying address i dont think that will work. Thank you for the help though.
2019-1-22
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

I understand the situation. Do you detect any wifi from the controller?
2019-1-23
Use props
brooks4sythe
lvl.1
United States

ssylca44 Posted at 1-23 06:32
I understand the situation. Do you detect any wifi from the controller?

yeah i do still detect the signal
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

brooks4sythe Posted at 1-22 20:55
i was able to connect it the first day to activate it. after the firmware update it performed upon activation i have had this issue. The rc DOES connect to the drone... and it does also show the RC wifi network on my phone. But as i stated it does not connect.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. If the remote controller would still connect to your aircraft and the phone could detect the RC's wi-fi, we would recommend turning off the mobile data of your mobile phone when connected to the wi-fi of your remote to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.
2019-1-23
Use props
brooks4sythe
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-23 08:26
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. If the remote controller would still connect to your aircraft and the phone could detect the RC's wi-fi, we would recommend turning off the mobile data of your mobile phone when connected to the wi-fi of your remote to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.

I did that... I put it in airplane mode... still nothing
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

brooks4sythe Posted at 1-23 23:18
I did that... I put it in airplane mode... still nothing

Hi, thanks for the update. May you please provide us with a short video of this situation for us to be verified? Thank you.
2019-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules