4k60 import problem on iOS is not a h.264 problem!!
4957 10 2019-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marco666
lvl.1

Germany

I keep reading all over the internet that it is an apple iOS problem that the 4K60 files from the Osmo pocket cannot be imported cause iOS does not support h.264 in 4K60.
That is simply not true! There is other Cameras where it works without a problem. I import 4K60 files in H.264 in even higher bitrates than the OSMO since almost 2 years directly to my iPad from a Panasonic GH5 camera.
Its just the Osmo that is not working! So maybe ask Panasonic for help. They obviously know how it works...
Unbelievable.
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your feedback with our Osmo Pocket. DJI Mimo can download 4K videos to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums will check a video’s resolution, frame rate, bit rate, and format when users are saving the video to the album when 4K 60fps+H.264 +high bit rate videos are downloaded, iPhone will reject the video. As a result, Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone.
At present, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps videos.
2019-1-22
Use props
ngcw81
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Tony Posted at 1-22 14:20
Hi, thanks for your feedback with our Osmo Pocket. DJI Mimo can download 4K videos to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums will check a video’s resolution, frame rate, bit rate, and format when users are saving the video to the album when 4K 60fps+H.264 +high bit rate videos are downloaded, iPhone will reject the video. As a result, Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone.
At present, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps videos.

any chances working on Iphone 7+????
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ngcw81 Posted at 1-23 00:45
any chances working on Iphone 7+????

Hi, we're sorry that we haven't received information if the iPhone 7+ would support these resolutions in the future, however, the mobile device is fully compatible with our Osmo Pocket. No worries, we will forward this suggestion to our team to see if we could add this to the iPhone 7+ in the future. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-23
Use props
Scott.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI need to get this sorted, my GoPro Hero 7 files (all formats) import fine into my iOS camera roll via a card reader. The difference is the GoPro files are encoded with HEVC which is fully supported with iOS.

I really hope DJI get this sorted soon
2019-1-23
Use props
El Pancho
New
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Tony you completely ignored the original post. 4k60 h.264 videos from Panasonic GH5 and Gopro Hero 7 can be imported into Iphone. It is only Osmo Pocket that cannot import 4k60 videos. So this is a DJI problem and not a 4k60 or iphone problem. GET IT SORTED ASAP.
2019-3-2
Use props
KemalB
lvl.2
Qatar

GH5 shoots 4K, 60FPS only at H.264 please see following- > https://wolfcrow.com/important-quirks-and-features-of-the-panasonic-gh5-for-video-shooters/

And GH5 owners can transfer 4k 60FPS H.264 to iOS devices.

So your (DJI’s) statement is not correct.  Other companies found a way.

Whatever, GH5’s solution was (possibly converting H.264 to HEVC while transfering) can you guys at least give a try and check?

This would solve many problems and you’d win hearts
2019-3-3
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

If you use a 3rd party micro SD to Lightning adaptor, and the app that comes with it, you can download 4K60 to iOS devices. You cant save them to them to the photos app and play them back, but you can save them to Files and open them in Lumafusion for playback and editing.
2019-3-3
Use props
KemalB
lvl.2
Qatar

Dave_bass5 Posted at 3-3 04:42
If you use a 3rd party micro SD to Lightning adaptor, and the app that comes with it, you can download 4K60 to iOS devices. You cant save them to them to the photos app and play them back, but you can save them to Files and open them in Lumafusion for playback and editing.

iKlips 4K solves that problem for iPhone... However, there is no solution for iPad Pro (2018) with USBC yet. No micro SD card to USBC adaptor (I tried) solved the problem yet.,
2019-3-3
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ive read of some people having luck using an external USB-C drive and associated app with the 2018 iPads, but that involves putting the files on them first. A bit too much hassle IMO.
2019-3-3
Use props
BjornJansen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17034 ft
Netherlands

Guys, don’t know if this issue is still relevant for you, but I had the same issue but I bought the USB-C to SD card reader from Apple and I am able to import everything smooth and fast to my iPad Pro 2018!
2019-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules