Spark flyaway insurance
1247 14 2019-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Just a thought - If you can, everyone should purchase a cheap drone (30 USD) that does not have GPS.  Practice flying it in the wind.  It is an eye opening experience!  At first it is very difficult to control the drone.  After a short time thought, it becomes very easy.  I think this is very cheap Spark flyaway insurance.  Now about once per month I take out the cheap drone and practice in the wind.  It's actually a lot of fun!

2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience here, we really appreciate it. Fly safely. Cheers!
2019-1-22
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Good advice. I started with a very cheap indoor drone that was very difficult to control. For a while it spent more time on the ceiling or walls than in the air. My  next 2 drones were better, but require very close attention to fly where I wanted. When I got my Spark, I couldn't believe how much flight assistance it had.
2019-1-22
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

its good to have a basic knowledge of the manual drones where stick is for engine power and no help when flying it
this is my first drone i crashed it trillion times

2019-1-22
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4

United States

Warriewoodlad Posted at 1-22 13:10
Good advice. I started with a very cheap indoor drone that was very difficult to control. For a while it spent more time on the ceiling or walls than in the air. My  next 2 drones were better, but require very close attention to fly where I wanted. When I got my Spark, I couldn't believe how much flight assistance it had.

Warriewoodlad - do you fly it outside?  That's the real rest.
2019-1-22
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4

United States

SAADHERO Posted at 1-22 15:02
its good to have a basic knowledge of the manual drones where stick is for engine power and no help when flying it
this is my first drone i crashed it trillion times

Saadhero - What a cute baby drone!  My 1st was a Holy Stone HS170 for $30.  Yeah, I crash mine many times.  Lots of broken props.
2019-1-22
Use props
fans687a79c2
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I used to fly some cheap drones made by Cheerson & Hubsan, only the Hubsan drone has GPS. By them I could try to master the skill of flying up and down, left and right, front and rear, indoor and outdoor, but I found no way to master the skill while the cheap drones lost their contols due to some uncertain suitations. Such suitation DJI Spark sometimes encountered too despite lesser frequency.
2019-1-22
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

The problem is that you cannot expect the Spark to behave exactly like the small drone. I have a Hubsan X4 and I like to fly it indoor. Outside it is very much affected by the wind.

Also my Hubsan does not have a GPS but it is very easy to control. I fear the Spark would go away much faster than this little guy does and room for mistake will be a lot smaller.
2019-1-22
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4

United States

Daniella3d Posted at 1-22 18:46
The problem is that you cannot expect the Spark to behave exactly like the small drone. I have a Hubsan X4 and I like to fly it indoor. Outside it is very much affected by the wind.

Also my Hubsan does not have a GPS but it is very easy to control. I fear the Spark would go away much faster than this little guy does and room for mistake will be a lot smaller.

That is exactly right.  The Spark is also much affected by the wind in Atti mode.  Knowing how to fly your Hubsan in the wind will greatly help your ability to fly your Spark if it looses GPS mode.
2019-1-22
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

MccloudSpark Posted at 1-22 17:41
Saadhero - What a cute baby drone!  My 1st was a Holy Stone HS170 for $30.  Yeah, I crash mine many times.  Lots of broken props.

same this was 30$
but the props tend to fly off when u crash so alot of missing props especially in grass
and lol range was 30m
2019-1-23
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

MccloudSpark Posted at 1-22 17:37
Warriewoodlad - do you fly it outside?  That's the real rest.

G'day McCloud. That 1st cheap drone was the only one I flew inside. I still fly it occasionally to remind myself how nice it is to have altitude control.

2019-1-23
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

The best advice so far, thank you.
2019-1-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-25
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Often during the fly away the remote disconnect and the spark is in ATTI mode, then if that happen, nothing will prevent the spark from flying away.
2019-1-26
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4

United States

Daniella3d Posted at 1-26 22:03
Often during the fly away the remote disconnect and the spark is in ATTI mode, then if that happen, nothing will prevent the spark from flying away.

I cannot argue with that!
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules